Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much sprocket wobble is too much?

37K views 205 replies 18 participants last post by  gkamp 
#1 ·
So just replaced the sprockets and chain and the rear sprocket has a wobble to it... Worried about it, I occasionally feel a a light impact sensation or something thru my foot pegs, not sure if I'm being paranoid because my old chain and sprockets where worn pretty bad and appeared to have rubbing on the inside of the plate of the chain.. see attached for video of new sprocket. Things I've checked, torque of the sprocket bolts and alignment and torque of the rear axle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using Tapatalk

#191 ·
I wish I ran into this thread before you spent all that money, first thing I thought was check the front sprocket before buying that wheel. If it's not straight/warped, it would send a whip affect to the rear... With everything else changed, it has to be something with the front...

#197 ·
I really hope you can get this sorted soon. I would expect you'd need a decent runout in the front to have any effect on the rear, but who knows. It will be interesting to hear what Vortex find.

I can't see how the 520 has anything to do with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#205 ·
Anyone want to buy a 2012 r1 15k miles...... I'm ready to roll it in the street and throw a match in the gas tank..... I might take it in to the dealership I don't want to, I have no idea why the hell it's still wobbling....

#206 ·
Anyone want to buy a 2012 r1 15k miles...... I'm ready to roll it in the street and throw a match in the gas tank..... I might take it in to the dealership I don't want to, I have no idea why the hell it's still wobbling....

https://youtu.be/enyVuj4TzzY

So, I put the old wheel on with the carrier from the new wheel and "verified" straight sprockets I just got back from vortex and took it out, freeway speeds 65-85 I looked back and from sitting on the bike it didn't look scary or wobbling like crazy, I felt no thuds or tapping in the pegs... But put it on the stand and ran it and it definitely has a wobble... I'm just going to ride it tomorrow to work and see what I got... I don't understand the reason for the wobble when everything was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.