14B Stuck around 100bhp - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 09-14 R1

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

14B Stuck around 100bhp

Gooooooood Moooooooorning,

I've got a 14B R1 Track Bike, and living in the UK.

Suffering from Low Power, so toook it to a Dyno Tuner to have a look a the PC5, he could only get it to 109BHP from 100BHP... So he thought it was a possible imported Restricted bike.

He removed the PC5 no change,
Flashed the ECU (Velox Racing Tune), No change.

The Chassis Numbe comes back as Haweii, and after contacating Yamaha Tech Support the Engine number is USA.
(He thought the engine may be French and possibly restricted to 100BHP using a larger combustion chamber or something...

Still, this is American so probably not, (Euro models have a chip in the key, and this doesn't, sokinda sure about that).

The Diag comes up with nothing.
The butterfles are seen to open from 16% to 99%.
There is no Cat, and the link pipe and tail pipes are clear.

So we have hit a stump.

He has to prep some race bikes over the next two weeks, but will not be defeated, so I am trying to assist as best I can through research in the meantime...

Anyone have any ideas pleaze?

Thanks,

.ga.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM
kickin' at the darkness

thats not even possible

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:36 PM
kickin' at the darkness

op, are you sure thats not an R6 engine?

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:42 PM
I miss my R1

Compression check?
milheim05 likes this.

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:28 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzombie View Post
Compression check?
my thoughts, exactly

in so far with the PCV, the only error i've seen from one is if it wont calibrate and gets stuck thinking
you're never actually going WOT... the TPS is an important piece of this equation as its a fly by wire
motorcycle.. i bought a failed pcv and we tried to calibrate on free dyno day but had no results.

at that point the bike likely made 148rwhp.. the pc map was not having any effect for me. ecu still restricted

Dynojet replaced under warranty and after getting my ecu flashed i was at 152rwhp (no dyno tune)
and eventually got another 4hp for a total of 158rwhp on 4th gear dyno..

there is something seriously wrong if this particular bike is only putting down flat 100.. thats literally less than an R6

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Last edited by bacchus40; 03-16-2019 at 08:30 PM.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:26 PM
Astronomer not Astrologer

Kinked fuel line

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Domino MotoGP Grips, Zero Gravity Smoke DB Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun Sliders, Graves Stacks, F-T custom image w/Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, CL Braking Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs and G3S Rear Shock, F1Composites bodywork.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:41 PM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Kinked fuel line
That or low PSI on the fuel pump.
bacchus40 likes this.

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:28 PM
kickin' at the darkness

thats a hell of a kink

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 12:40 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
your tuner sounds like an idiot. whats the air fuel ratio saying? at 100 for an r1 it would feel like a slow bag of dicks your riding and not a motorcycle. he should be seeing a problem in the air if something is wrong it will be going lean or running rich something has to be up and anyone worth their salt on a dyno should be able to spot it and have a direction to go in almost right away. if there was ecu restrictions put into it the refresh should have got rid of that. unless theres a restrictor plate int he airbox? so then the bike would have had to go from the usa to france then to the uk to you?
bacchus40 and iamzombie like this.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 04:29 AM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
I was thinking the same thing. The tuner sounds incompetent.
bacchus40 likes this.

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 07:13 PM
R1 Passion

Is the clutch switch bypassed?
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:31 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
I was thinking the same thing. The tuner sounds incompetent.
i was trying to be nice.. but then thats common for us Canadians..

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Still no joy!

Hi

Still no joy on my wheels. :-(

Fuel pump changed, Clutch switch changed. ECU Flashed,

The engine is from Hawaii. Anyone know if their engines have some sort of restriction?

Ive taken the bike back, as they were taking to long.
They have said that the next thing to check is a Leakage check...

That the same as a Compression test?

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them all.
.ga.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:28 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Yea my idea is go to a different shop this one ****in sucks. Just guessing parts is retarded. What does the motorcycle say when you put it on the dyno? Is it smoothe on power? What's the air fuel ratio on full throttle? Are each of the headers the same temperature when you check it with a laser temperature gun? Does it have a destructor plate going from the ram air tunes into the bottom of the airbox? How do you know it's 100 horsepower? Does it run rough? No Hawaii has no restrictions.
iamzombie likes this.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:33 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenco View Post
Is the clutch switch bypassed?
Also what this guy said. Why bother asking us questions if your not going to look into it or reply with answers so people can try to help with informed answers ......
iamzombie likes this.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:04 AM

New fuel pump but not a new fuel line?...what does the AFR tell you? Is it lean?

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Domino MotoGP Grips, Zero Gravity Smoke DB Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun Sliders, Graves Stacks, F-T custom image w/Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, CL Braking Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs and G3S Rear Shock, F1Composites bodywork.

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstclair View Post
Also what this guy said. Why bother asking us questions if your not going to look into it or reply with answers so people can try to help with informed answers ......
Also this....

2009 Raven R1

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Bike is now back in my hands, with no fix.

Im gutted.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Thanks,

They had it on the Dyno, Both with and without the PCV (Now has a Flashed ECU).

Air Filter and fuel pump changed. but you're right i guess.

If they knew what the A/F is they wouldn't need to change or check right?

I've taken bike now, so it seems I'll have to check stuff.

ALL:- Sorry I haven't been around to post reply's. My bad.

.ga.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstclair View Post
Yea my idea is go to a different shop this one ****in sucks. Just guessing parts is retarded. What does the motorcycle say when you put it on the dyno? Is it smoothe on power? What's the air fuel ratio on full throttle? Are each of the headers the same temperature when you check it with a laser temperature gun? Does it have a destructor plate going from the ram air tunes into the bottom of the airbox? How do you know it's 100 horsepower? Does it run rough? No Hawaii has no restrictions.
Yep, it has been on the Dyno and was 100bhp before the tune and 109 after.
That’s when they removed the PCv and flashed the ECU.
Also they tried the Clutch switch. And still nothing.
They recon they had put another tank on to test my pump, but I’m unsure they did as my exhaust pipes were still off when I collected bike. ( I took them off two week previous.) so it would of been far to loud.

I’ve taken air box off and looked for restrictions but found nothing.

I’ve also taken the fuel pump out and found this...

Is there a way I can check the AFR? No lambada sensor as full Acropovic.
.ga.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	499FC5EA-5BDC-484C-B0A5-6045FCCA8A33_1555158485344.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	997945  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode