Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Does anyone know what this part is?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Aikuken 
#1 ·
This part came off my '13 R1. I believe it goes under the tank and holds two hoses but I can't find it on any of the parts fiche. Anyone have a part number?

Thanks
Jason

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Nice - I'm looking to build me an 09 - 14 for a cheap as possible.. Where are you at anyway?

Been looking for a salvage bike to start with... Every time I have enough cash to pick one up life comes along and eats the money.

This is my 2001 - its got more mods than god. The only thing left that's actually year and model correct and un-modded is rear wheel, frame and rear seat. Its got the 03 FI motor and a buncha buncha other stuff... The front end from triple to caliper should look familiar. The 2nd pic is the old paint job but you can see the modified front end - All the plastics and the tank and custom. The are all fabricated in some way and the front is actually an 01 and an 08 front fairing cut and welded together so I could use the 08 head lights. I had to weld up a custom fairing stay too but it wasn't bad. The biggest pain in the ass has been the fueling. I had to go from low pressure carb'd to high pressure FI. I started off with an external in-line pump and it worked but space was tight and lines could get pinched easily. This winter I cut the bottom of an 03 tank out and welded it in my 01 tank so I could install the sending unit from a in-tank high pressure deal. I used an 07 R6 - slightly modified for a return line. I've been cleaning that system up as of late and its finally pretty much done. Getting it all to work with no leaks and no kinks all while allow the tank to be raised to maintenance was a serious PIA but I'm finally there. The thing rides like a dream.

Sorry OP - Did not mean to highjack your threadio...

It does sound like the ETV fuse or bad electronic on the TBs. You can get them pretty cheap on eBay.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.