Starting stumped - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 09-14 R1

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aikuken

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Starting stumped

Ok had a problem all winter starting to bike it would crank and crank and crank and then eventually it would start the valves are out of adjustment I had two valves adjusted the bike runs great he recently it started dragging when I was started it eventually would start so that the battery was weak not so is the case as I replace the battery to the starter relay finding out that it was a starter to whole time I've now replace the starter and I don't seem to be getting power to the fuel pump because my power commander does not power up either does anybody know what wire coming out of the fuel pump relay is the power wire for the fuel pump or offer any kind of help it is my only form of transportation and it really needs to be back on the road she's going to kill me if I don't get it out of the garage promise you that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:20 PM
I eat my R1

Culprit sounds like your starter solenoid switch. The plug that fits into it might not be sitting properly, or the 15 or 30 amp fuse on it might not be making proper contact (happens with new solenoid switches. Depend on where you got your solenoid, some of them have faulty connections and will only work if you fit in the plug that goes in it the wrong way. You should also check that you've not connected the solenoid terminals wrong; the red terminal from the battery should connect to the fuse side of the solenoid, usually tagged B

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk
tory ii likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode