Fuel pump primes when I turn the key but not after - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 09-14 R1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Fuel pump primes when I turn the key but not after

Hi All,

I have a 2013 R1 that won't start. After a lot of troubleshooting I think I have it narrowed down to an issue with the fuel pump not keeping the pressure up. I hooked a pressure gauge to it and it puts out 50psi when I initially turn the key. It also primes when I run the diagnostics. The injectors spray for a brief second when I try to start it but then the fuel pressure drops and there is no longer enough pressure to force gas through them. If I turn the key while holding down the starter button the bike will sputter for a brief second until the pressure drops.

Essentially, the fuel pump primes for a few seconds when I turn the key but then doesn't turn on again even when the pressure is gone. There are no errors in the diagnostics.

What are the two power sources to the fuel pump for? The white one seems to always have 12v when the key is on and the and the green one only seems to have 12v at certain times.

Thanks
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

It turned out to be the tip over sensor. Even though the diag passed the values at D1:08 put it as overturned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode