I'm not that excited anymore! - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
I'm not that excited anymore!

Ok so my ECU is coming home from visiting the awesome folks at SBUnlimited, a few more key mods to my bike and I will be working onto getting my number, membership and license and head out to the track. May not happen this summer but most def next season.

hmmm what number should I try getting

"Friends don't let friends ride stock"
'07 YZF-R1 alter ego YZR-M1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vortex bar-ends, Vortex No-Cut Sliders (white), Goodridge Carboline SSBL, FP Racing Levers, Clear Brake Tubing, StompGrip, EBC Clutch, SBU Flash, PSR SBOP, EXUP delete, M4 Mid Pipe, K&N HF Air Filter, Renthal Medium DC Grips, Woodcraft Covers, Valter Moto Fuel Cap, Dark Smoked Screen, SC Delete, Flush Motodynamic LED Signals, Integrated Motodynamic LED Tail. She’s gone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ducati Monster S2R 1000

Last edited by TheDoctorVR46; 04-15-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 AM
I eat my R1

Send a message via AIM to simme001
The SBU guys are good people. You'll be amazed at the new bike you'll now have. The reflash really does make a difference.

My wife sure can't wrestle, but you should see her box!
post #3 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simme001 View Post
The SBU guys are good people. You'll be amazed at the new bike you'll now have. The reflash really does make a difference.
Unfortunately after install of the so long awaited return of my ECU, my bike is struggling to stay running, I did the EXUP delete but it won't stay running. What gives?

Idle problem I: https://youtu.be/f1h36NSgxMo
Idle problem II: https://youtu.be/AkoMdR7J5TM
Idle problem III: https://youtu.be/9uWY6lMAV_s

Vortex bar-ends, Vortex No-Cut Sliders (white), Goodridge Carboline SSBL, FP Racing Levers, Clear Brake Tubing, StompGrip, EBC Clutch, SBU Flash, PSR SBOP, EXUP delete, M4 Mid Pipe, K&N HF Air Filter, Renthal Medium DC Grips, Woodcraft Covers, Valter Moto Fuel Cap, Dark Smoked Screen, SC Delete, Flush Motodynamic LED Signals, Integrated Motodynamic LED Tail. She’s gone

Ducati Monster S2R 1000

Last edited by TheDoctorVR46; 04-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.
post #4 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM
R1 pilot

I'd give the guys at SBU a call and see what they say. Do you have any error codes or anything? Did they turn the EXUP stuff off in the ECU when they flashed it?

Ye, as we walk through the valley we fear no evil for we are the harbours of death.
post #5 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:37 PM
WOG

Have you replaced the fuel line??? The first time you lift the tank that should be done. It's almost guaranteed it's going to kink.

Sig courtesy of my brotha from down unda PetrolSpice
post #6 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil154 View Post
I'd give the guys at SBU a call and see what they say. Do you have any error codes or anything? Did they turn the EXUP stuff off in the ECU when they flashed it?
I shot them an email cause I got home late, if I don't get a response via email, I'll call. I told them to do the EXUP stuff and everything else except for the QS stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPanega SS View Post
Have you replaced the fuel line??? The first time you lift the tank that should be done. It's almost guaranteed it's going to kink.
Really? that sux, is what I described a tell tail sign of a kinked line?

Ducati Monster S2R 1000
post #7 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:52 PM
WOG

Yes, it definitely can be. Do a search here an you will see many instances of varying fueling issues attributed to a kinked line. It's a really easy and cheap fix.

post #8 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 PM
R1 pilot

I didn't know the kinked line issues extended into 07-08 model years. I've had my tank off probably more then 10 time doing various things and have never had an issue with the fuel line.

Ye, as we walk through the valley we fear no evil for we are the harbours of death.
post #9 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:13 PM
WOG

All years do. Maybe you just got lucky???

Last edited by SPanega SS; 04-15-2014 at 06:17 PM.
post #10 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:14 PM
R1 pilot

Perhaps

post #11 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
O2 deleted with flash?

post #12 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 PM
WOG

Speaking of kinked fuel line issues after ecu flash.

post #13 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
O2 deleted with flash?
yes

Ducati Monster S2R 1000
post #14 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:21 PM
R1 Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPanega SS View Post
Speaking of kinked fuel line issues after ecu flash.
Yeah...I'm not sure how many times I told him to do that before he listened
post #15 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
Yeah...I'm not sure how many times I told him to do that before he listened
but immediately after the flash?

Ducati Monster S2R 1000
post #16 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Venom X/O

You don't take the tank off to flash the ECU

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squadron

post #17 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 08:04 PM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
You don't take the tank off to flash the ECU
My thoughts exactly.

Are you only having an issue with cold idle?

post #18 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Are you only having an issue with cold idle?
no, fans kick in and it still struggles to stay running and then....it cuts off

Ducati Monster S2R 1000
post #19 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
From beyond the stars

Garage
I believe that one of the items in the flash was race idle which required premium gas, still got some reg in it, could that be the reason killing the bike? Or maybe a bad coil?

Ducati Monster S2R 1000
post #20 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I eat my R1

Thats a shitty deal but i'm sure SBU will resolve it. I always thought r1's took premium for some reason. Gas can definitely effect how something runs so maybe drain out the reg and swap out for premium if the tune requires it. Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode