Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2017 GSXR is better than the new R1

14K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  ussprinceton 
#1 · (Edited)
come on yamaha wtf didn't you include some badass forks and the auto blip downshift. everyone else has it...ok not honda but everyone knows they suck.>:)

yeah umm the R1 is like the bottom of the litter now I guess. lol
New Suzuki GSX-R1000

#4 ·
Who da Fvck picks their color schemes Lady Gaga? Jesus that's ugly. They better have a black one.

Reactions: eugensc
#11 ·
Hmm, article didn't say it had an auto-blipper. What it said was, "Like Ducati's 1299 Panigale S, the quick-shifter allows clutchless upshifts and downshifts, with no need to blip the throttle."

Not that the presence or the absence of an "auto-blipper" would influence my choice of bike purchase.

#13 ·
Interesting that it has variable valve timing. Only other bike that comes to mind that has such a feature is the second gen multistrada. Now every manufacturer should truly get with the times and implement direct injection.

#19 ·
Honda VFR's had some models with Vtec.

doesnt look too bad to me.

I wouldnt be surprised it yamaha have kept back a couple wee things like a blipper, so they can add them to the '16 and claim progress.

cant say Ive ever been bothered by a blipper, but im also not rcing in the top ten anywhere either i guess

#20 ·
ahaha just occured to me . . .

do suzuki in other parts on the world massively discount previous years left over stock?

over here, each year suzuki cut up to 40 percent off the price of the previous years bike - even when the new bike is identical. left over, brand new models. they do it to the 600's, 750's and the gsxr 1k. every year without fail.

next ear theyll e giving the old ones away if this is the spec thats being released! i might even buy a 600 as a track hack if they do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.