Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Value of low miles and mint condition?

5K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  SMOKIN F3 
#1 ·
Im looking at a 2005 R1 raven with 5200 miles. Mint condition with newer tires and new battery. Completely stock besides rear seat cowl and fender eliminator.

Kbb and nada values say 5000-4300. A big difference. I know this time of year bikes are priced higher than in winter. I'm not worried about saving a few hundred by waiting until of season, i live in Wisconsin.

How much does condition and low mileage add to the value? To me, 5000 miles is a pretty new bike. The guy is asking 6500$. Any advice on a fair price for it?

#39 ·
Oh it will be off after ya ride it around the block. My only point was it could have been left out in the weather a time or 2. Just giving ya something to kinda look out for. Being he says it's perfect I would expect just that.

#40 ·
It does appear as though this may be a nice bike at a decent price for sure. These r1s hold there value well. Gotta love em. I love every single generation. But I was a Yamaha fan well before the r1 existed. Lol. I loved my fzrs back in the day.

#48 ·
I always research model years reliability before purchasing. I actually read about the#3 cylinder having issues. But most of those were within the first year of brand new. So im assuming if this one had problems they would've happened already. I read it was the same with the 07-08 models.

#50 ·
Just to update. I brought her home yesterday. I ended up taking it to a Yamaha dealer just down the street from his house on the test drive and had them test drive it and give an inspection. They were so nice and accommodating and I appreciated it sooo much. Long story short, I was able to talk him down to 5500 and drove it home 4 hours. What a machine, the shifting is unbelievably smooth, coming from an 07 R6. It was scratch free, but needed a long cleaning session when I got home. I still need to clean up the chain, lube it up, and change the oil. I am so pumped though, thanks forum members for all your replies and help along the way!!

Attachments

#53 ·
Good info on this thread, and congrats on the bike. Best R1 model, IMO.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the ones with low mileage are not all too common and it's all about supply and demand. My '05 Raven has 2500 miles on it with several mods including rare like-new Akra oval slip-ons so I figure I can get close to what I paid for it in '09 having just put on just 1300 miles since. It'll be listed for sale in July.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.