Legal Advice HELP - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:25 PM
My R1 eats me.

Admit nothing!!! If you had a helmet on how can they say it was you?! You thought about selling the bike and this guy took it for a test drive and brought it back 😉😉
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Dismissed.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Congrats. On what grounds? Did the officer(s) not show?

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 12:54 PM
I miss my R1

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion: Too bad, I hate when criminals get away with breaking the law.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzombie View Post
I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion: Too bad, I hate when criminals get away with breaking the law.
Me too. (unless it's me... )

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 05:21 PM
I miss my R1

For the record, I'm not saying I've never broken speed limits, etc... (I have never fled from LEO) but when I get caught, I pull over, take my lumps and move on.

I've been stopped maybe 3x in my life, and was fined once (stopping when they know you could most likely evade usually buys you some goodwill, IMO)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 05:11 AM
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
LOL, been there, done that... In my teens, I used to always run for the boys. One day, I decided to not bend my plate. A cop came behind me and instinct took effect. I left him in the dust and a few weeks later I received a host of tickets in the mail that would of landed me in jail. I got a lawyer and they were able to plea everything down to just speeding or something like that. The anxiety I had was unreal. I was possibly facing a year in jail. I had to sale my motorcycle to pay for the legal fees. Best advise I can give is get a lawyer who knows and frequent the court house. My lawyer knew the judge and they seemed to have a relationship that allowed the judge to accept the lesser plea. Also practice not dropping the soap the next few days while taking a shower. Juggle the soap, and do all kind of acrobatic stunts with it to become good at not dropping it, just in case things don't work out for you and have to do some hard time...
LOL on juggling the soap, ha, ha!

When I was in my teens I purchased the 1st year Kawi KZ-1000, raced it all out and had an open Kirker header that made the ground shake it was so loud. I know, young and stupid, make myself more noticeable while breaking the law!!! I ran from the cops doing about 135 and they got my plate. I allready had 38 points mostly for speeding and had my licence revoked for 2 years. After paying a sh!t load of fines and another 2 years of revocation tacked on to my previous suspension I finally learned my lesson!!

Since then I've had many fast bikes but have gone 44 years without receiving a another ticket. It was a hard way to learn a lesson and cost me some good job opportunities due to loss of licence. My advice to all the riders out there that use the streets and highways for their personal race track, please learn from my mistakes before your luck runs out....

Quote:

I feel the same way now that I'm on the right side of the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Me too. (unless it's me... )
LOL ^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
(stopping when they know you could most likely evade usually buys you some goodwill, IMO)
Your opinion is correct. Like I said previously on this site, I have a least 5 friends and family members that are police officers and they really really hate when someone runs. It puts them, the person that's running and many innocent people in danger. That's the main reason why they will totally throw the book at you.
iamzombie likes this.

Lucky 13 Squadron

Last edited by cyclepsycho7; 08-04-2018 at 05:13 AM.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Congrats. On what grounds? Did the officer(s) not show?
No-show (probably cuz it was a 2nd shift guy and I'm pretty sure taking that day off would've came out of his personal vacation bank, not to mention it was a middle-of-the-week court date so what a waste of a vacation day). Don't worry I still didn't "get away". Still gotta pay the court, lawyer, and overnight jail fees... not to mention the 2 vacation days I had to forfeit (1 for jail, 1 for court), the embarrassment of being there, and I can guarantee it still remains in the police database meaning I basically forfeited all future warnings any officer is ever gonna give me during a traffic stop. Only pro to this is no jail time + clean record...
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Think I'm gonna be sticking to the track for the remainder of the year lol...
iamzombie likes this.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 12:29 PM
I eat my R1

Interesting read, nonetheless.
cjwgraphics likes this.

2000 R1
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 12:42 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwgraphics View Post
Dismissed.
Congrats for sure! I hate it too when the bad guys get off but it sounds like this was a freak thing and you owned up to it. If you were on here bragging that you ran it'd be a different story. Take this as a huge wake up call and if youre going to run again take that plate off FFS Joking about the last part.
cjwgraphics likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode