Motovlogging - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

8Likes
  • 2 Post By KMac
  • 1 Post By Kevap
  • 1 Post By andrewstclair
  • 1 Post By Masao Furusawa
  • 1 Post By Benocehcap
  • 1 Post By Benocehcap
  • 1 Post By IamLa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Motovlogging

Hey everyone,

Anyone out there motovlog? I'd be keen to hear what you would like to see or what would be interesting. I've just started and doing videos on how to setup motovlogging GoPro's, gimbles etc. at the moment, but keen to do some good videos that people actually want to watch.

Any thoughts or ideas would be gratefully recieved.

I have a brand new R1 2018 - so would love to do some useful videos covering frequent questions - something more useful than just me on the road chattering on about something random

Let me know,

Thanks for your help,

Graeme

P.S. The current channel is www.techmoto.bike - feel free to give feedback - good or bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Link did not work

http://techmoto.bike
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

wheelies in traffic.....Plenty of wheelies.
Abuse your bike for the cause.
Hate on every Prius you pass.

for ref, YouTube Sub.Delinquent .....
Humza and Graeme Lawrie like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37
Frank and I are Bag of Dicks twins!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:11 PM
I am anger under pressure

I personally don't want video evidence of my rides in certain situations. No reason to do the cops job for them.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:51 AM
kickin' at the darkness

moto V-logging tends to bore me lately.. it ranges from crappy product reviews to riding around town in a straight line, surrounded by traffic.

some of these dudes ramble on about nothing and generally dont have a clue themselves,
they often go for stupid cheesy behavior. i'd be embarrassed to post some of that shit.

kid who's never owned anything bigger than an R3 (last summer) suddenly riding around on a Venture or Eluder.. uhm, no.

i'm interested in the filming/ editing process but as posted above, it can be fuel for ammunition from the popo.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic

Last edited by bacchus40; 04-21-2019 at 10:59 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:29 AM
Horsepower whisperer

Garage
I've probably watched a total of 30 minutes worth of vlogs in my life. Not something that interests me.
I will watch reviews by reputable reviewers.

**Current bikes**
2018 Yamaha YZ250FX (Dirty fun)
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium (Dream bike)
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR (Sex machine)
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (Only HD that handles)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My 3rd R1)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:30 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Garage
Amazing that 11 people actually subscribed to your channel... I'm not one of them. Listening to people babble on about this or that is no interest to me. But hey... you do what you do.
Torchsport likes this.

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:05 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
basically just ride around like a **** head babbling about bullshit no one cares about and bitch about everything like the cars around you. maybe some uninformed opinions about pro's and cons of bikes or products. exadurate all your video titles to make it sound interesting. i think that covers just about all the ingredients for a good motovlog.
bacchus40 likes this.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:57 PM
The Doctor's Assistant

Some motovlogs are made for the sole purpose of entertainment. Example Walterrific, the guy is funny so if you've got the time and want a laugh then why not. Others are just toolbags trying to do stupid shit and getting away with it. Others have morphed from doing generic motovlogs to doing 'smackdowns' (street drag races) and then more into bike builds, and track riding, Example: 650ib, who also recorded his VIP experience at the COTA GP which was very entertaining for those who have never been.

If I were to give you some advice, it would be find your niche because there is so many motovloggers out there and you will get lost if you don't provide something that is both high quality and different.

Good Luck
Graeme Lawrie likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Hope is what makes us Human.

How about getting a real job?!
Torchsport likes this.

Not every legend is a myth, some are flesh and blood. Some legends walk among us, but they aren’t born, they’re built. Legends are made from iron & sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision and victory. Legends are champions, they grow, they win, they conquer.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Horsepower whisperer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by benocehcap View Post
how about getting a real job?!

**Current bikes**
2018 Yamaha YZ250FX (Dirty fun)
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium (Dream bike)
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR (Sex machine)
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (Only HD that handles)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My 3rd R1)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Hope is what makes us Human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Dog Ziggy likes this.

Not every legend is a myth, some are flesh and blood. Some legends walk among us, but they aren’t born, they’re built. Legends are made from iron & sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision and victory. Legends are champions, they grow, they win, they conquer.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:37 AM
Not an R7, next best thing!!

WOW, u guys are harsh...funny as hell but harsh.

At the end of the day, your content is yours and you have to own it. It is your channel. What ever you do, be you and don't try to be someone you are not. Also don't get discouraged about subscribers and comments. The days of blowing up as a motovlogger are long gone because the space is saturated. My point is vlog because u enjoy the process.
Graeme Lawrie likes this.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Think I struck a nerve

Thanks for your positive feedback everyone

LOL
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 AM
My R1 eats me.

I did motovlogging for a bit... All I really did was record my riding trips and make some videos from the footage I gathered. I did it for fun and to have video to share. I never expected anything to come from it. I just wanted to have fun with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode