2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 / YZF-R1M Race ECU Flash - Page 5 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Vendors and Group Purchases Group Purchases and Vendor sales.
GPs CAN BE SET UP BY PAYING ADVERTISERS ONLY!
Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posts.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 06:20 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Unlimited View Post
The upgrade is $270 for existing flash customers.
Kewlio, will get the ECU sent out next week, assuming this weekends T-Hill trackday goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 06:30 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbluE View Post
.....the throttle is twitchy.....
You have the Graves progressive throttle tube installed? That was a big factor in "eliminating" the PWR-1 mode woes in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbluE View Post
....recently made the switch......
Thanks for sharing, curious, what was the previous map, not the SBU Non-Race map?
Currently have the $200 SBU ECU flash, and will be upgrading to the $4## race map.
With the expectation of getting rid of the pogo'ing that feels like it is impacting full throttle acceleration,
in fact know it is, have come out of corner directly behind a 50th R1 and can see the gains being impacted by the LIF intervention.
This Vid, 1st lap coming out of last turn onto front straight, but also hit the rev limiter ...... :
post #83 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 PM
SuperbikeUnlimited.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCR1 View Post
You have the Graves progressive throttle tube installed? That was a big factor in "eliminating" the PWR-1 mode woes in my case.

Thanks for sharing, curious, what was the previous map, not the SBU Non-Race map?
Currently have the $200 SBU ECU flash, and will be upgrading to the $4## race map.
With the expectation of getting rid of the pogo'ing that feels like it is impacting full throttle acceleration,
in fact know it is, have come out of corner directly behind a 50th R1 and can see the gains being impacted by the LIF intervention.
This Vid, 1st lap coming out of last turn onto front straight, but also hit the rev limiter ...... : https://youtu.be/K24ZQK_4RA0?t=144
I have the motion pro throttle. Race wheel installed.

I had the graves full system map.

The wheel will come up with ease like the graves map did...except it seems easier to do.

The race strategies will help the lif i would assume...

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Superbikeunlimited.com Ambassador
Superbikeunlimited.com PH#1-828-676-2222

post #84 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!

Garage
Thanks for that - it's worth noting that for those who want a less aggressive feel, all 4 power modes are full power, but with different levels of initial response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

along with

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
post #85 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Track Fever

Overnight ECU flash

SBU currently has my ECU out of my 17 R1M. I just called to go over some additional details about the flash and to discuss the overnight return shipping that I chose. I was put on hold for over a half hour until I finally hung up. Hopefully everything goes as planned and I will have my ECU back by tomorrow or Friday. Looking forward to my track time this weekend! I will let you guys know how it plays out.

post #86 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaOne View Post
SBU currently has my ECU out of my 17 R1M. I just called to go over some additional details about the flash and to discuss the overnight return shipping that I chose. I was put on hold for over a half hour until I finally hung up. Hopefully everything goes as planned and I will have my ECU back by tomorrow or Friday. Looking forward to my track time this weekend! I will let you guys know how it plays out.
Our phones went down for 45 minutes or so, but are back up now. We've been having some issues with Charter lately.

Please feel free to call back when you would like to pick back up.

along with

Follow us!:
post #87 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Track Fever

So I did get my ECU back fast! Thanks for that SBU. I installed the ECU with the smog pump removed and plates installed. I also removed the Exup assembly and O2 sensors. The check engine light immediately went on as soon as I started the bike. I am locked out of the dash. Did I do something wrong? Am I supposed to leave the exup plugged in?

post #88 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaOne View Post
So I did get my ECU back fast! Thanks for that SBU. I installed the ECU with the smog pump removed and plates installed. I also removed the Exup assembly and O2 sensors. The check engine light immediately went on as soon as I started the bike. I am locked out of the dash. Did I do something wrong? Am I supposed to leave the exup plugged in?
I would suggest calling the shop and talking to our tuner so he can determine the source of that is.

along with

Follow us!:
post #89 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:30 AM
Unacceptable

Quote:
We've made some big updates in the last 2-3 weeks on our 2015-16 R1 / R1S flash. Midrange is further smoothed out, less popping on decel (which was an issue for some) and another 2hp from 12-14,000RPM.
I'm using the provided map for the Graves EVR midpipe. How often is that upgraded (if it is at all)? Do I have to check w/Graves about any updates?
post #90 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
I'm using the provided map for the Graves EVR midpipe. How often is that upgraded (if it is at all)? Do I have to check w/Graves about any updates?
That is completely independent of our flash service, we don't use the Graves files. Checking with them will be your best bet.

along with

Follow us!:
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:35 AM
Unacceptable

Quote:
That is completely independent of our flash service, we don't use the Graves files. Checking with them will be your best bet.
Thanks, will do.
post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:39 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCR1 View Post
Kewlio, will get the ECU sent out next week.
1st time at track with the SBU Professional RACE ECU flash
Upgraded because at Laguna was experiencing LIF pogo'ing on front straight.
Thunderhill is not as problematic for LIF, except over the turn 9 rise, which from the video you will see not using the LIF, just not enough huevo's to hold the throttle over the rise.
Some complain about the popping, but most at the track loved the sound on deceleration.
Great tune, good corner exit acceleration and throttle response.

Tried to use the manual instruction for enabling the lap timer, but does not seem to be working?
SBK Unlimited likes this.
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Try this one:

along with

Follow us!:
post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 08:21 AM
None

Quote:
Thanks, that is/was the procedure followed, now thinking more about it, seems like you have to do that process on every session, just prior to entering track.
Dodo me thought this was a one time setup and would trigger dash lap times for every session there-after.....
Followed the procedure int he morning, turned the bike off and did not try procedure again just prior to going out on track,
will try procedure just prior to going out on track next track-day.
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Attention new and existing ECU flash customers, we've released another full update to the 2015-18 YZF-R1 ECU flashing service, that includes new torque mapping in PWR 4 and new mid range and part-throttle fueling strategies.

Updates are free (pay shipping) for existing flash customers!

Remember that all 4 Power Modes make the same peak horsepower on our latest flash services.
Banky likes this.

along with

Follow us!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode