2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 / YZF-R1M Race ECU Flash - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Vendors and Group Purchases Group Purchases and Vendor sales.
GPs CAN BE SET UP BY PAYING ADVERTISERS ONLY!
Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posts.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!

Garage
2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 / YZF-R1M Race ECU Flash

We're happy to announce our flash is now available to the public! After countless hours of R&D and tuning as well as many revisions, we now have a flash that will produce very strong power gains across the rev range, as well as much needed enhancements to smoothness and usability.

The present cost of the service is: $200, with free shipping

More info:

We are also now offering a Professional Race flash that is a joint effort with FTECU and uses data gathered from Superstock 1000 and Superbike riders in the MotoAmerica series to produce an electronics package that brings your R1 to another level on the racetrack. Details of that service can be seen HERE.

Please don't hesitate to call us at 828-676-2222 (M-F 9-5 EST) if you have any questions for us about ECU flashing, or any other product.

This is a mail-in service. You send us your ECU and we reflash it to your custom specifications. Our turn around time is typically 24 hours or less (during business days). We are offering a service we feel is superior to any of our competitors and with unparalleled support. We will make sure that every ECU is right for each rider. This is the same ECU flash we use on our championship-winning YZF-R1 race bikes. We can return the ECU to stock if needed, free of charge.

We will give your bike an additional 15-18 rear wheel horsepower and remove all throttle and timing restrictions on the bike from the factory that US model YZF-R1 models have. This does not impact reliability.

Included features:
Remove all throttle based restrictions
Fully revised Power Modes
Remove all speed and gear based restrictions
Optimize ignition timing for 91+ octane pump fuel
Fully customized fuel mapping
Customized race throttle maps for Power Mode 1-4. PWR 4 is our new "smooth" full power map, with a softer initial throttle.
Customized engine braking strategies
Ability to load Power Commander maps directly onto your ECU
Adjustable radiator fan temps for more efficient cooling
Adjustable rev limiter
Disable closed loop mode
Adjustable velocity stack opening point
Disabling the factory AIS (smog) system
Disabled EXUP & error recall
Disabled fuel injector cut
Disabled steering damper (removes code for aftermarket units)

We have preconfigured ECU images that have been fully dyno and track tested and will work great for your bike, or we can make optimal setting recommendations for your own customized image.

Your ECU is located on the left hand (clutch) side of the bike. It is underneath the triangular panel below the fuel tank. Simply disconnect the two wire harness connectors and pop the ECU from its mounting bracket.
We will ship outside of the continental US, but at an additional charge.

Each ECU is return shipped with $200 in insurance. If you require more, please contact us after your purchase.

After your purchase is completed, you will receive a confirmation via email that includes a questionnaire regarding your motorcycle and your preferences on our flash settings, as well as the address you'll send the ECU to.

Want flawless fueling but can't make the trip to our dyno? Consider adding an ActiveTune kit at the time of flashing and we'll configure it to work perfectly with our flash.
JonRose likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
along with

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited

Last edited by SBK Unlimited; 08-28-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 06:54 AM
2ND is the first LOSER!

Just what I was waiting for!!! AWESOME..I will be taking mine out today and shipping it tomorrow..

Is today a TRACK DAY?
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 AM
My R1 go to warp drive

Why not just add the additional insurance to the cost of the service. I'm sure a ECU probably cost like $1000 new (not like there's any used currently available)and if the shipping company loses or damage the ECU, your cheap or uneducated customers will not understand that it's not your fault. Most additional insurance is like $10 per $1000, why deal with the possible event of a lost/damage unit?

PCV tuned, Bazzaz QS, Air box mod, BMC Filter, Block off plates, Flashed ECU, -1 Front Sprocket, SpeedoDRD, Spiegler Lines, EBC Extreme Pro pads, Braking SK Rotors, Q3's, Leo Vince Carbon Fiber slip-on W/ Y-Pipe, Black and Gold Euro conversion, 10,000k HID, Brembo MC and clutch perch, Smoke Puig Windscreen, Shogun Frame Sliders, Signal mirrors, Harris rearset, Techtronic auto blipper, EK 3D 520 chain conversion, Ohlins 30mm ctrg & TTX shock, Lightech chain adjuster, CF sbk hugger, TI bolts kit

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That's up to the customer. If you wish to add insurance, we will be glad to include it, but many customers opt out.

along with

Follow us!:
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 10:59 AM
I am lost

Garage
When I get my bike I'll be sending it.

I use to think I could ride a motorcycle until I saw Valentino Rossi ride a motorcycle

2006 CBR 600 RR -crashed

2008 R1 - sold

2010 MV Augusta - sold

2015 R1M - sitting pretty

I used to be fast!
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

will this work on a Euro bike?

and does it offer anything over a flashtune?

Thanks
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:38 AM
bev
I eat my R1

Did you create a file using the stock exhaust? If so what are the results. Since were still waiting for other exhaust options I think this would be a good idea.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-UK View Post
will this work on a Euro bike?

and does it offer anything over a flashtune?

Thanks
Yes, it will work on a US or Euro bike. The big difference is the effort and development we've put into the mapping parameters and not just fuel/ignition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bev View Post
Did you create a file using the stock exhaust? If so what are the results. Since were still waiting for other exhaust options I think this would be a good idea.
We haven't made anything for a stock exhaust yet, that will come later. The setup we have will work fine for a stock exhaust in the interim.

along with

Follow us!:
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Unlimited View Post
Yes, it will work on a US or Euro bike. The big difference is the effort and development we've put into the mapping parameters and not just fuel/ignition.

We haven't made anything for a stock exhaust yet, that will come later. The setup we have will work fine for a stock exhaust in the interim.
And i can keep my immobiliser?

anyway to do a remote flash instead of sending my ECU across the atlantic.
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 12:11 PM
WERA? \_(ツ)_/ #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-UK View Post
And i can keep my immobiliser?

anyway to do a remote flash instead of sending my ECU across the atlantic.
Buy the kit from ftecu.com

Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
And spend a couple of days on the dyno! I can't stress enough that not all flashes are created equal - time and knowledge invested are everything!

We need the ECU to perform the service.

along with

Follow us!:
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 01:23 PM
2ND is the first LOSER!

Quote:
And spend a couple of days on the dyno! I can't stress enough that not all flashes are created equal - time and knowledge invested are everything!

We need the ECU to perform the service.
I paid today and my ECU is in the box waiting to ship to you tomorrow A.M, I can not wait!!!Thanks Scott

Is today a TRACK DAY?
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Awesome, we look forward to getting your bike running the way it should be!

along with

Follow us!:
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:14 PM
bev
I eat my R1

Would you mind sharing the results of the completely stock bike? I'm curious about a couple of things. Also was the file done with a Graves full race exhaust? And will you have maps available for other exhaust options? Thanks!

Last edited by bev; 04-16-2015 at 07:17 PM.
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:29 PM
SuperbikeUnlimited.com

Garage
this gives me a chubby!!!!
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bev View Post
Would you mind sharing the results of the completely stock bike? I'm curious about a couple of things. Also was the file done with a Graves full race exhaust? And will you have maps available for other exhaust options? Thanks!
We haven't run one in fully stock configuration yet, mostly due to time issues. Yes, the tuning was done with Graves full exhaust. We will do another for a 3/4 style exhaust shortly, but we won't make an effort to do every brand most likely. The changes won't be huge and there are always subtle variances amongst motorcycles.

along with

Follow us!:
post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:53 AM
bev
I eat my R1

Quote:
We haven't run one in fully stock configuration yet, mostly due to time issues. Yes, the tuning was done with Graves full exhaust. We will do another for a 3/4 style exhaust shortly, but we won't make an effort to do every brand most likely. The changes won't be huge and there are always subtle variances amongst motorcycles.
I understand, Thank You!
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:38 PM
adrenalin addict

When taking off the ECU, do you need to ground your self to the bike to prevent static electricity damage?
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMR1 View Post
When taking off the ECU, do you need to ground your self to the bike to prevent static electricity damage?
We've never had any issues with that previously, so it shouldn't be a large concern. That being said, precaution is never a bad thing.

along with

Follow us!:
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 AM
2ND is the first LOSER!

Just checked, Says my ECU will be at your door this A.M..I cant wait to get it back and feel the difference.

Is today a TRACK DAY?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.