TAD158's 09 Raven Build Thread - Page 27 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 Performance Group Post your R1 performance bike builds for 09-14 model years

81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #521 of 541 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Astronomer not Astrologer

Still haven't worked on vids, but have been working on this.....

I know it is a little off topic.....but it help work on the tow rig.....SOOOOO nice to work on a car or truck standing under it.....rather than laying on your back...

If folks want more info I can make an off topic thread for it....

PS.....these are not the rocker panels that you are looking for......because they are totally rusted away...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Domino MotoGP Grips, Zero Gravity Smoke DB Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun Sliders, Graves Stacks, F-T custom image w/Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, CL Braking Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs and G3S Rear Shock, F1Composites bodywork.

Last edited by Tad158; 02-21-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 541 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Well, now even @One2 was even bugging me for some new videos....So I made all my old (and highly slow) videos going all the way back to 2012 available to the public....Funny to watch some of those old videos.

I also put out this video of my last session at Pitt Race Full Course. I was working with Anthony who was showing me a better line though the back esses, because I had been loosing time though there all weekend. At some level this video is study material for me, so that when I go back there this season, I can burn this line into my head...and pick up the pace.

Next thing I need to do is pull apart the front end of the R1 and figure out why the steering stem bearings are clicking, which nearly caused me to fail tech on my last day of the season. Probably need to pull the triple tree out and clean/repack the bearings and torque everything back up.
DarkHorse likes this.

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Domino MotoGP Grips, Zero Gravity Smoke DB Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun Sliders, Graves Stacks, F-T custom image w/Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, CL Braking Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs and G3S Rear Shock, F1Composites bodywork.

post #523 of 541 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:42 AM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Well, now even @One2 was even bugging me for some new videos....So I made all my old (and highly slow) videos going all the way back to 2012 available to the public....Funny to watch some of those old videos.

I also put out this video of my last session at Pitt Race Full Course. I was working with Anthony who was showing me a better line though the back esses, because I had been loosing time though there all weekend. At some level this video is study material for me, so that when I go back there this season, I can burn this line into my head...and pick up the pace.

https://youtu.be/xAgijXTeXSE

Next thing I need to do is pull apart the front end of the R1 and figure out why the steering stem bearings are clicking, which nearly caused me to fail tech on my last day of the season. Probably need to pull the triple tree out and clean/repack the bearings and torque everything back up.
Thanks. I wanted your videos so that I can start learning the eastern tracks and I advised that it’s best to study video footage from a riding on the same bike.

post #524 of 541 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Well then keep watching my slow AF vids...That way I might have a shot at keeping up...
DarkHorse likes this.

2009 Raven R1

post #525 of 541 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Well I finally started working on the R1 today.....

Got the forks off, and pulled the triples out of the steering head......and wow....that is DIRTY!

The amount of grit in there was astounding.....

Got them all cleaned up, and put it back together, but still need to torque the castle nuts. I need to pick up a castle nut wrench so I can torque it properly. Any recommendations on a good tool for that?
DarkHorse likes this.

2009 Raven R1

post #526 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Last weekend I got the forks rebuilt, and the steering stem all torqued up. The steering is way smoother now and less crunchy.

This weekend we do coolant flush, and do some work on the rearsets.

Might also work on the trailer some.

2009 Raven R1

post #527 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Got the bike all prepped and ready to go for the season today.

The 29th will be the first day...at summit main.
stan1, DarkHorse and Banky like this.

2009 Raven R1

post #528 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:59 AM
Twisty Roads for me!

Tad,

The bike is looking good. I believe I should be on that track day as well if the weather is not raining.

Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Got the bike all prepped and ready to go for the season today.

The 29th will be the first day...at summit main.
Tad158 likes this.

My 07 mod's

Ohlins TTX-36, Ohlins 25mm front cart, Fastcard Gen III, Dynojet Ing module, Quick shifter, Akro Evo II, Speedohealer, Zumo 550 GPS, Pluig DB, Seat Cal, Gel seat, 520 kit, Steel brake lines, Hid 6000k lights high and low beams, Bridgestone BT-016R 120/70, and 190/55, Greg flush mount lights, LED tail light, Driven Gel grips, GTYR air filter, Passport 8500 Rader dector, HPC steering damper, Marchesini Wheels, Pazzo short levers, Vortex Rear sets..
post #529 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

I will be keeping an eye on the weather as well.

Stop by and say hi if it ends up being a good day.
stan1 likes this.

2009 Raven R1

post #530 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Good day here. Should warm up shortly.
Banky likes this.

2009 Raven R1

post #531 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Not an R7, next best thing!!

Bro,

Ur man cave is sick. Have fun today u lucky SOB. Oh and thanks for posting the track vid above.
post #532 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLa View Post
Bro,

Ur man cave is sick. Have fun today u lucky SOB. Oh and thanks for posting the track vid above.
I prefer to think of it as a cavern rather than a cave....

Today went well. I did take one video on the last session to record a line that I had been working on all day and finally figured it out (I think). I will work on it later this week.

Was only 2 seconds of of where I was last year. My optimal lap was right on my best lap do my pace was there just needed to put it all together.
Banky likes this.

2009 Raven R1

post #533 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:18 PM
My R1 eats me.

Tad,

Awesome thread! I will have to read through the rest soon...

What coolant are you using? Engine Ice??
post #534 of 541 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

For the track just distilled water and water wetter.

2009 Raven R1

post #535 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

@DarkHorse ....This is a track day video.....where lap times are out in the open........they are slow.....but they are there.....
Banky likes this.

2009 Raven R1

Last edited by Tad158; 05-01-2019 at 09:52 PM.
post #536 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Just happy to be here...

Garage
I always love your screen setup for your videos. Sweet stuff man.
Whens the next days at Summit. It's my buddies favorite track, he really wants me to try it since i'm less than 2 hours away.

@trash_panda_338 follow me on instagram

post #537 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:21 AM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
I’m across the pond right now. I’m looking into getting an i2M Chrome with GPS.

post #538 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banky View Post
I always love your screen setup for your videos. Sweet stuff man.
Whens the next days at Summit. It's my buddies favorite track, he really wants me to try it since i'm less than 2 hours away.
Sadly, not till July 6-7. The good news is that it is a full weekend. But before that, Pitt Race in May, and NJMP in June. I already have 3 bikes in teh trailer for Pitt, but NJMP may have a spot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
I’m across the pond right now. I’m looking into getting an i2M Chrome with GPS.
Always buying the goodies.....I just prefer putting the : for the track time, and tires....

When do you get back?

I don't think that is as plug and play for us as it is on the 15+. We don't have a CAN bus like the 15+ does. Our bikes are all analogue.

2009 Raven R1

post #539 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

So.....

I managed to earn this sticker this last weekend at Summit Main....

Also, managed to drop 2 seconds and lower my best lap there to a 1:22.7

The last lap there is by PB lap.

The guy I was riding with there is one of the guys that I pit with regularly.

The GPS/logger data has a weird issues here and there....but the lap time is correct. I will try and make and another video and see if the data comes out better with that one.

It was very nice to have a bunch of open track in A. My last I session I was passing at least one bike EVERY corner entry/exit.

Still haven't got a knee down....
Banky likes this.

2009 Raven R1

Last edited by Tad158; 07-10-2019 at 02:57 PM.
post #540 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Super Duper Moderator

Garage
Congrats Tad!

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode