Banky's 2013 R1 Build Thread - Page 13 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 Performance Group Post your R1 performance bike builds for 09-14 model years

221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Finally got around to installing the CSF radiator. Tore the bike down with some help from the Miss'. Also removed the Cabs since in stopped working.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@trash_panda_338 follow me on instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Banky; 05-10-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2018, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Some more pics.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Thanks for the likes Aaron, but no one cares LOL

Old 05-10-2018, 12:45 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
When you start chewing up the new R1’s they’ll take notice. At least we know the motor is solid hahahaha!
Banky likes this.

“If you are always pushing at the limit you get a better feeling with the bike and give better information to the mechanics,” he says. “If I crashed 27 times, I was very close to crashing maybe 50 times! That gives me a feeling with the bike – you understand many things, what crashes you can save and so on.”-MM93

Old 05-10-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by APO2112 View Post
When you start chewing up the new R1’s they’ll take notice. At least we know the motor is solid hahahaha!

Old 05-10-2018, 02:02 PM
I eat my R1

What coolant are you running? Standard Yamacool?

The weather here is so perfect for riding, it’s killing me watching all the bikes on the road while I’m driving the Mercedes. Did have a little rain this evening and again just a minute ago, but the final location will be a whole other game. Hopping in the car and driving there this weekend. Looks like I have three job interviews lined up next week, hope I can snag one of them. I’m really after a production supervisor position, good money, work nights and not too far from where we want to be. Will see how it goes.
bacchus40 likes this.

Last edited by NoExpert; 05-10-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:02 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banky View Post
Thanks for the likes Aaron, but no one cares LOL
well, what did you expect? these Rads are so bloody common these days, everybody and their uncle has one.
Banky likes this.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic
Old 05-11-2018, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExpert View Post
What coolant are you running? Standard Yamacool?
Gonna run Engine Ice for trackdays, run straight de-ionized water and water wetter for racing.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:00 AM
Venom X/O

I haven’t checked this thread for a while. Nice work sir
Banky likes this.

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squadron

Old 05-11-2018, 07:14 AM
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"

Quote:
Got this little guy.......
My 06 Ohlins looks the same but it's been so long since I've taken it off I can't remember if it had a plug,most likely not being it manually adjusted. Works very well though!
Banky likes this.

Lucky 13 Squadron

Old 05-11-2018, 07:37 AM
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"

Quote:
I'm too tired for words....
Beautiful Triple Tree, whats the function of the slot to the right of the tree coming of the stem?

Lucky 13 Squadron

Old 05-11-2018, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepsycho7 View Post
My 06 Ohlins looks the same but it's been so long since I've taken it off I can't remember if it had a plug,most likely not being it manually adjusted. Works very well though!
This plug replaces the on that connects the factory dampener to the ECU, i think the stock one is speed sensitive cause you can't adjust it and if you unplug it you get an error code, so this plug stops that from happening.
cyclepsycho7 likes this.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Boom! It wasn't "factory replacement" smooth, but it wasn't that bad to get on and get situated.

My TrashPanda is almost to Unicorn status.....

Thanks @APO2112 for the sweet trade
Thanks @SBK Unlimited for having it on sale
Thanks CSF radiators!

#almostarealracebike
APO2112 likes this.

Last edited by Banky; 05-14-2018 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:26 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Just thought you'd like this here:

My boy KILLIN IT at Jennings Dec 30-31st last year!
cyclepsycho7 and Banky like this.

“If you are always pushing at the limit you get a better feeling with the bike and give better information to the mechanics,” he says. “If I crashed 27 times, I was very close to crashing maybe 50 times! That gives me a feeling with the bike – you understand many things, what crashes you can save and so on.”-MM93

Old 05-15-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Hey that BP looks pretty dern good IMO.
APO2112 likes this.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Some pics from Jennings GP Dec 30-31 last year. This is me and our buddy Nate on his CBR600RR with FRESH 25mm custom built Ohlins carts. The guy on the street bike in front of us was slowing us down something fierce. I was trying to wait till T11 to pass so Nate could get enough drive to late brake the piss out of him before T13.
cyclepsycho7 and APO2112 like this.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Travis, Nate, Aaron. Brothas

APO2112 likes this.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Leaving Thursday night for Grattan Raceway in Michigan with our buddy Nate, my friend Josh, and @APO2112 . Were doing 2 days there.

This will be Josh's first trackday, he's taking his CBR300R

cyclepsycho7 and APO2112 like this.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:21 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Love it!

Old 05-22-2018, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Just happy to be here...

Garage
I'll be putting up a bunch of photos and maybe some video of the weekend at Grattan! It rained like crazy, but I still went out on rain tires (I have wanted to do that for years) and got in a few knarley dry sessions.

Ended Sunday with a VERIFIED 1:33.3 lap time. First time at Grattan, with poor conditions, got my knees down and thats all the therapy I needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.