CSF Works 2.0 radiator with LeoVince full system issues - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 Performance Group Post your R1 performance bike builds for 09-14 model years

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 PM
THEONEGTIVR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
yes those are the 1st set of pics.. but then I realized it doesn't matter what filter youre running
as they're all same height by a mm or two. just trying to help you out

woohoo!! I do remember thinking of this when I picked up my exhaust as I believe they state
in the description they're meant to provide a bit more clearance for aftermarket rads.

LV had gone out of business when I decided to buy so it was an easy choice.

if it helps you can get the Arrow header/midpipe system on its own and the diameter out of the y-pipe
is designed to fit ALL aftermarket and oem cans!! I kept my LV evoII Carbon fiber cans

I will be having mine ceramic coated inside and out this winter so I don't mind SS, yes the bung fits a bosch O2
AND as can be seen above there is enough clearance so you don't rub the frame upon use.

YZF R1 2009-2014 Stainless Steel 71398MI, Arrow Racing
Thanks Biohazard Cycles!

Can I ask what exactly ceramic coating does?? I have a new full arrow system for my 04 r1 and installing it this winter. Itís a stainless system as well so this ceramic comment interest me?? Is this for looks only or is there some kind of performance benefit??

04 R1 Gilles rear sets carbon fiber front fender,chain guard ,dash panels and heel guards. Pirelli supercorsa v2s my baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 05:45 PM
kickin' at the darkness

mostly to keep temps down and protect my expensive exhaust from the elements.. you can
see how FUGLY they look even after only 2 seasons of use!.. we get a lot of rain and shite
up here so the road grime really gets everywhere.. Ive heard there are performance gains
but take those with a grain of salt, I just dislike the look of SS, ceramics are purdy and cool
to the touch. There are performance gains from your engine running cooler though of course
and radiant heat is the biggest killer, specially considering how close the pipes are situated.

a little general cut 'n paste for yah

If you do not protect expensive headers, turbo parts, and custom exhaust piping they will corrode from the various elements they are exposed to. These include road chemicals. heat, and internal exhaust gases. These are various ways ceramic coatings help protect your parts.

A coating will protect your parts from road salts, oil and gas, and other corrosive chemicals. These chemicals can cause rust in a very short period of time which will eventually put holes in your exhaust parts. Some coatings can protect against damage from road debris like rocks, sand/dirt, and other items left scattered on the road (like shredded tires).

A properly matched coating will protect parts from the heat your engine develops which over time, if not properly removed through and efficient exhaust system, will degrade the metal. Even the most heat stable metals like titanium can degrade with high amounts of heat.

And finally exhaust gases that flow through your system are extremely corrosive and can eat away at your exhaust system from the inside out. A good coating can be applied to the inside of pipes to help make sure the exhaust gases and moisture either exit quickly or are burned off.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic

Last edited by bacchus40; 11-13-2017 at 05:52 PM.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

@bacchus40 how much is the ceramic coating going to set you back? I once got a quote for $500 for a full system, little pricey for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExpert View Post
@bacchus40 how much is the ceramic coating going to set you back? I once got a quote for $500 for a full system, little pricey for me.
I remember looking it up a while back and it wasn't too bad.. the trick is to go with a high quantity shop
that does a lot of this type of work. Smaller pipes are easier to work with and mine completely comes apart.

There are some do it yourself solutions but mostly you get black and that's it. I want to have them done in
Titanium, color wise. I don't want to run a cover on the midpipe as it is a beauty so ceramics are a great choice.
NoExpert likes this.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

@bacchus40 There’s a shop near me that does ceramic coating, can stop by for an estimate. Think I might go with a Termignoni full system, stainless with carbon cans, unless a great deal falls in my lap on another system that works. For now I’m just being a little more cautious so I don’t hit it with the tire.

post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:20 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Termi's are good too!

yes i'm perfectly happy with Stainless Steel.

I did a little research and the supposed weight savings of going with Titanium did not add up, based on cost.
The weight math only works if you're comparing aftermarket SS to aftermarket Titanium. And even then it
comes down to grams at best.

if you're comparing OEM crap Ti. to aftermarket SS, the bang for buck more than makes sense. i'm not a track day star

then I flipped a page and found a long arse thread of how most club racers have been known to go with SS
due to cost of replacing bits n' pieces when they toss it down the tarmac.. The laugh pushed me over the edge!

I cant believe youre riding that thing
NoExpert likes this.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Last edited by bacchus40; 11-15-2017 at 08:23 PM.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:33 PM
ďRhinestone CowboyĒ MF Doom

Garage
I prefer Titanium for its resistance to corrosion.

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Quote:

I cant believe youre riding that thing
I have to go out of my way to make it contact, so for now itís okay. Definitely going to get it squared away though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
I prefer Titanium for its resistance to corrosion.
I do too, but I also like $800 to $1000 in my wallet. Thatís about the price difference Iím seeing. If I can find a full titanium system that will work for about $1500 Iíll go for it.

post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 08:09 PM
kickin' at the darkness

agreed on above.. difference for my arrows I believe would have been about a cool 1k..

I like money in my pocket and food in my belly.

I can understand in One2's case though as living in Hawaii means you've got sea salt in the air 24/7..

titanium will fare better in that weather.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

@bacchus40 I was just thinking about your setup and the addition of a big radiator. You currently pull two collectors for an oil change, right? How would you do that with a big radiator parked right in front of them? Youíd be in for a coolant flush and oil change since you would have to swing the bottom of the radiator out of the way. Would definitely add an additional layer of work.

@Banky can you remove your oil filter without removing collectors on your Akra system?

@APO2112 I know you havenít done it, but how does clearance look on your Graves collectors in relation to the oil filter?

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 02:49 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
@bacchus40 I was just thinking about your setup and the addition of a big radiator. You currently pull two collectors for an oil change, right? How would you do that with a big radiator parked right in front of them? Youíd be in for a coolant flush and oil change since you would have to swing the bottom of the radiator out of the way. Would definitely add an additional layer of work.

@Banky can you remove your oil filter without removing collectors on your Akra system?

@APO2112 I know you havenít done it, but how does clearance look on your Graves collectors in relation to the oil filter?

Iím h clearance is tight but all I have to do is pull the y-pipe(s) and itíll. Come right out.
NoExpert likes this.

ďIf you are always pushing at the limit you get a better feeling with the bike and give better information to the mechanics,Ē he says. ďIf I crashed 27 times, I was very close to crashing maybe 50 times! That gives me a feeling with the bike Ė you understand many things, what crashes you can save and so on.Ē-MM93

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 09:07 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
@bacchus40 I was just thinking about your setup and the addition of a big radiator.
good point, I have to loosen the bottom bolt on the oem rad and swing it a bit forward.

I wonder if doing the same would be possible with the aftermarket

all I need Is a little give.. can somebody post a pic of the rad in its desired position with the lower bracket released?

can you move it forward a little bit? it doesn't have to be much I don't think.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Last edited by bacchus40; 11-24-2017 at 09:09 PM.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

The lower radiator hose may keep it from moving much. Mine hardly moves at all with just the hose in place.

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 10:19 PM
kickin' at the darkness

what about a longer hose? lol

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Quote:
what about a longer hose? lol
The hose is almost straight is the problem. A longer hose will move the radiator forward at the bottom which we already know is a bad thing.

post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 02:31 AM
THEONEGTIVR6

You all have me wondering if my full arrow system I picked up for my 04 R1 is going to interfere with filter changes. After I mount it and my second radiator it could very well be a long oil change. If this is the case I’d probably do the filter every other change being I Change my oil every 1500 miles anyway.

04 R1 Gilles rear sets carbon fiber front fender,chain guard ,dash panels and heel guards. Pirelli supercorsa v2s my baby

Last edited by Jaketheone46; 11-27-2017 at 02:34 AM.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 08:36 AM
Just happy to be here...

Garage
Quote:

I can't remember...... I didn't do an oil change last track day, and I have it all in pieces right now because I was swapping frames..... Sorry I can't answer.

@trash_panda_338 follow me on instagram

post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:55 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketheone46 View Post
You all have me wondering if my full arrow system I picked up for my 04 R1 is going to interfere with filter changes. After I mount it and my second radiator it could very well be a long oil change. If this is the case Iíd probably do the filter every other change being I Change my oil every 1500 miles anyway.
if its an arrow race kit, then yes you will need to remove the #1&#2 header pipes.. its easy.. 3 springs..

they form a y-pipe into the midpipe iirc. it does not take long at all.

I actually like it, much cleaner oil change really
Banky likes this.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 02:26 AM
THEONEGTIVR6

Quote:
if its an arrow race kit, then yes you will need to remove the #1&#2 header pipes.. its easy.. 3 springs..

they form a y-pipe into the midpipe iirc. it does not take long at all.

I actually like it, much cleaner oil change really

Itís the arrow 71288mi collector for the 04/06 r1. Iím not sure if thatís the race one or not. It sounds fairly easy to remove the 2 headers but in my case Iíll be also having to remove my 2nd lower radiator.

post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:31 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketheone46 View Post
It’s the arrow 71288mi collector for the 04/06 r1. I’m not sure if that’s the race one or not. It sounds fairly easy to remove the 2 headers but in my case I’ll be also having to remove my 2nd lower radiator.
YES!

that is the one I thought you were speaking of, I've seen it previously its a race kit! wicked bit to be sure!

pipes go basically straight down n' back a little bend.. very similar to mine.

guess the rad's gonna have to be moved,

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode