Brembo GP4-RS fitment and review - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 Performance Group Post your R1 performance bike builds for 09-14 model years

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Redgecko
  • 1 Post By Sabotage
  • 1 Post By Redgecko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
My R1 go to warp drive

Brembo GP4-RS fitment and review

I've looked high and low and I cant seem to find any reviews or opinions on the Brembo GP4-RS. Also, am I supposed to get the 108MM with adaptors or is it a direct fit? Brembo parts page states it's a direct fit but I recall reading in previous post that you needed adaptors for the M4 version. Does anyone have any insight on this topic. BTW it's an 09 R1...

PCV tuned, Bazzaz QS, Air box mod, BMC Filter, Block off plates, Flashed ECU, -1 Front Sprocket, SpeedoDRD, Spiegler Lines, EBC Extreme Pro pads, Braking SK Rotors, Q3's, Leo Vince Carbon Fiber slip-on W/ Y-Pipe, Black and Gold Euro conversion, 10,000k HID, Brembo MC and clutch perch, Smoke Puig Windscreen, Shogun Frame Sliders, Signal mirrors, Harris rearset, Techtronic auto blipper, EK 3D 520 chain conversion, Ohlins 30mm ctrg & TTX shock, Lightech chain adjuster, CF sbk hugger, TI bolts kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm an Englishman in WI.

Garage
09 R1 is 130mm spacing, you have 3 Brembo options i believe.

https://www.oppracing.com/product_di...e-caliper-kit/

also available in nickel

https://www.superbikeunlimited.com/s...-kit-2007-2014

or

https://www.oppracing.com/product_di...x-caliper-kit/

or go all out

https://www.superbikeunlimited.com/s...yzf-r1-07-14-1

There is a Berringer option too

https://www.superbikeunlimited.com/s...-yamaha-yzf-r1
SBK Unlimited likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Redgecko; 01-24-2019 at 03:19 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
My R1 go to warp drive

Thanks a lot, you answered all of my questions. So the gp4-rs will not fit the R1

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
My R1 go to warp drive

I would have gotten the Berringer a while ago but I do not like that I have to use their brake pads solely...

PCV tuned, Bazzaz QS, Air box mod, BMC Filter, Block off plates, Flashed ECU, -1 Front Sprocket, SpeedoDRD, Spiegler Lines, EBC Extreme Pro pads, Braking SK Rotors, Q3's, Leo Vince Carbon Fiber slip-on W/ Y-Pipe, Black and Gold Euro conversion, 10,000k HID, Brembo MC and clutch perch, Smoke Puig Windscreen, Shogun Frame Sliders, Signal mirrors, Harris rearset, Techtronic auto blipper, EK 3D 520 chain conversion, Ohlins 30mm ctrg & TTX shock, Lightech chain adjuster, CF sbk hugger, TI bolts kit
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:41 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
the 108mm calipers do not fit the 07-14 r1's without the adapters. i don't know if those adapters fit the gp4-rs you could have to ask brembo. if they do fit then the gp4-rs are a great caliper for the buck especially, better then the M4 by far and i believe cheaper. they also make the gp4-rx in a 130mm but its more expensive and a bit heavier of a caliper.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
My R1 go to warp drive

Thanks everyone for the information. I've decided to just save up for the gp4rx. After this upgrade I'll have my almost dream first gen cross plain. You can always keep dumping money into a bike, but I'll be satisfied with where I'm at.
Redgecko likes this.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 06:22 AM
I'm an Englishman in WI.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
Thanks everyone for the information. I've decided to just save up for the gp4rx. After this upgrade I'll have my almost dream first gen cross plain. You can always keep dumping money into a bike, but I'll be satisfied with where I'm at.

You'll be done? Yeah right, that's what I said...
Kevap likes this.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
My R1 go to warp drive

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgecko View Post
lol, good point
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 07:58 AM
SBU - For all things fast!

Garage
Regarding the calipers, the downside to Beringer is the limited pad selection - but their R7 pad is truly a WSBK / Moto2 pad compound. It's expensive however.

With the GP4-RX you have your pick in pads, even that R7 compound.

Also worthy of note, Beringer 130mm are 6 piston, Brembo GP4-RX 4 piston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgecko View Post
So true!

along with

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode