Retiring Policeman working the system - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Ridenhigh FTW

Retired fireman working the system

where I live there is a huge battle over police and fireman pensions. This dude just worked the system like a genius. I dont really know how I feel about this because this is the way it was set up so I guess we have to take it in the backside if we were stupid enough to set it up this way. BTW Bellevue is about 8 seconds outside downtown Omaha.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100323/NEWS01/703239872

On a side note the firefighters union in my city is crying a river because the city is trying to renegotiate their pension contracts, which are waaaaay above the national average. My grandparents have lived next door to a city council woman for many years and she is receiving death threats from presumably the union for her stance to cut their pensions. Unions suck!!!! I have known her almost my whole life and all she wants to do is see the tax dollars spent right, and she gets death threats for this? Some people just cant live without their handout.

Last edited by ridenhigh21; 03-24-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Sofa King Tired!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenhigh21 View Post
where I live there is a huge battle over police and fireman pensions. This dude just worked the system like a genius. I dont really know how I feel about this because this is the way it was set up so I guess we have to take it in the backside if we were stupid enough to set it up this way. BTW Bellevue is about 8 seconds outside downtown Omaha.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100323/NEWS01/703239872

On a side note the firefighters union in my city is crying a river because the city is trying to renegotiate their pension contracts, which are waaaaay above the national average. My grandparents have lived next door to a city council woman for many years and she is receiving death threats from presumably the union for her stance to cut their pensions. Unions suck!!!! I have known her almost my whole life and all she wants to do is see the tax dollars spent right, and she gets death threats for this? Some people just cant live without their handout.
That guy is the man, he spent 22 yrs putting his life on the line.. Good for him:doll ar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SIG Courtesy of Petrol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON - 015

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
there is never enough carbon

and you guys wonder why your economy is rooted:dun dun:

Craig
Dictator
Sydney Knights

"one by one the pixels steal my sanity"
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Sofa King Tired!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Biker View Post
and you guys wonder why your economy is rooted:dun dun:
These guys pension plans arent the reason our economy is rooted..

SIG Courtesy of Petrol

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 AM
anything on two wheels

Our fine city mayor was just convicted of stealing from the poor, in a deal, walked away from other charges, and though forced out, walked with nearly a 6 figure pension for the rest of her life. In a system thats broke? Is it any wonder? Our fine legal system at work.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
there is never enough carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry 07 View Post
These guys pension plans arent the reason our economy is rooted..
you're right, people playing the system for all they can get has nothing to do with it.

$80k here, $80k there, doesn't make any difference. 100 people play the system and you're down $800k a year, big deal, 1000 play the system, that's $8mil a year, still not making a difference?

and then you have the execs walking away with millions from companys going down the shitter, still just playing the system.

almost seems like the system is the problem.

Craig
Dictator
Sydney Knights

"one by one the pixels steal my sanity"
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 PM
shut up and hold on

This Guy is working the system? Any Lame that wants to risk there ass in either fire or law enforcement for 20 something years feel free to apply and try it yourself then tell me how you think their compensation is a rip off. Oh and by the way they pay into their pension plans for those twenty years or so a certain percentage of their pay so a large percentage of the pension fund they pay for themselves. Don't forget the public doesn't have to worry about paying these exorbitant retirement's for too long since its a fact that a majority of them don't live too long after leaving the job. You got crooked ass politicians that don't risk sh*t getting pensions after a fraction of the time these folks do but everybody figures you can't do anything about that so lets just bitch about the people who we expect to come save our ass when the sh*t flies. Please, give me a break.

sometimes I make myself laugh, sometimes its just your face

Using a chicken feather is Kinky, using the whole chicken is sick!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 AM
I eat my R1

^I just wanna know the name of the chick in your avatar.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Sofa King Tired!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2heavy View Post
This Guy is working the system? Any Lame that wants to risk there ass in either fire or law enforcement for 20 something years feel free to apply and try it yourself then tell me how you think their compensation is a rip off. Oh and by the way they pay into their pension plans for those twenty years or so a certain percentage of their pay so a large percentage of the pension fund they pay for themselves. Don't forget the public doesn't have to worry about paying these exorbitant retirement's for too long since its a fact that a majority of them don't live too long after leaving the job. You got crooked ass politicians that don't risk sh*t getting pensions after a fraction of the time these folks do but everybody figures you can't do anything about that so lets just bitch about the people who we expect to come save our ass when the sh*t flies. Please, give me a break.
I agree 100%..

SIG Courtesy of Petrol

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 06:50 AM
anything on two wheels

RIGHTON 2Heavy! I thought the other day. Who's more important to us? The atheletes we pay millions, or the soldiers fighting and dieing to presserve our sweet lives? Why arn't our soldiers getting the big bucks? Or the officers? Atheletes and poloticians? What sacrifice do they make, what risk do they take? If you had to give up one or the other, which would you choose?

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
..sleep is good..

Send a message via AIM to vid151
this happens all the time.. you're smart if you have a job that allows you to retire at 20-25 yrs then you get another for a 2nd income/retirement & perhaps better work environment, benefits, etc.

my future father-in-law retired as a colonel & now is a civilian contractor doing nearly the same job.. with his govt pension & current salary he's making nearly double what he would be making if he stayed in the military. VERY SMART!!

and i don't really see how he is working the system. he meets the requirements to retire and does so.. then he is free to get another job, cruise the R1-forum all day, or whatever the heck he wants to do with his time.

formerly th1npower..

Last edited by vid151; 03-26-2010 at 08:14 PM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:49 AM
what could possibly go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2heavy View Post

those same do nothing POS politicians here in Florida are trying to pass a bill now that fvcks all police and firefighters.

the new pension plans would have a cap of 70% of just your base salary. not what you acually worked for which would include overtime or additional compensation like unused sick days or comp time.

another part of the bill says you cannot collect until you are 60 years old no matter what age you retire at or after 30 years of service

but if you serve 5 yrs as mayor or on the board here in miami you get a 6 figure retirement package for the rest of your life...WTF

1*

sig compliments of Buddyluv

We will not waiver; We will not tire; We will not falter; We will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail.
Quote:
Originally posted by Solidus
And when you stop holding me accountable for all bunghole cops I'll stop holding you responsible for all the child molesters that live in your state, you friggin pervert.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Have you killed a cat today ?

Send a message via Skype™ to dieyoung69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyC188 View Post
those same do nothing POS politicians here in Florida are trying to pass a bill now that fvcks all police and firefighters.

the new pension plans would have a cap of 70% of just your base salary. not what you acually worked for which would include overtime or additional compensation like unused sick days or comp time.

another part of the bill says you cannot collect until you are 60 years old no matter what age you retire at or after 30 years of service

but if you serve 5 yrs as mayor or on the board here in miami you get a 6 figure retirement package for the rest of your life...WTF
That sucks, firefigters / police can only effectively work operational until about 45, it's a high risk and physically demanding work, you will only know if you done it.

'sup Danny

Sig by Petrol_Spice

Big Plums Racing
"Harder to pass than a kidney stone"

Trucker Rodney Racing Team
"no pace too slow"

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm an Englishman in WI.

Garage
And no one has mentioned the rip off fvckers in the banks yet

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:42 AM
R1...what else???

I can understand how it annoys people without pensions. But that was YOUR choice.

Unless you work these jobs you will never really get it. 20-25 years may seem like a dream to retirement. Fact is many of my own brothers drop dead in the first 5 years of that wonderful retirement. The day in day out grind is hard. Seeing dead children and abuse does something to a person.

Maybe people should bitch about people that cause problems rather than those that help

Oh and did I mention I pay more out of my cheque for my pension than alot of people make.

2009 R1- PURE BLACK

Performance Mods-
BST 17" Wheels, Leo Vince Factory Evo II Slip on, Mid Pipe, PCV V, Sato Rear Sets, GYTR Air Filter, Spiegler Black Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot 2CT, Driven Sprockets, Galfer Pads, Wave Rotors.

Appearance Mods-
Watsen Flush Mounts, Rizoma Grips, COX Rad Guard, Rizoma Fluid Resevoirs, Zero Gravity Windscreen, Custom Led Tailight, Bike Litez Fender Eliminator, 12K HID, Garmin GPS, Rizoma Proto Sport Mirrors, Seat Covers, Custom Yamaha Decals.

Last edited by F-I-R-E-R1; 03-27-2010 at 06:45 AM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 AM
shut up and hold on

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-I-R-E-R1 View Post
I can understand how it annoys people without pensions. But that was YOUR choice.

Unless you work these jobs you will never really get it. 20-25 years may seem like a dream to retirement. Fact is many of my own brothers drop dead in the first 5 years of that wonderful retirement. The day in day out grind is hard. Seeing dead children and abuse does something to a person.

Maybe people should bitch about people that cause problems rather than those that help

Oh and did I mention I pay more out of my cheque for my pension than alot of people make.

Hah-Hah, I know and my dumba** spent 20 years in the service then stepped into another high stress job for a decent pension. My service retirement is crap, especially after my ex gets 43% of it Now the Governator is going to raise the amount they withhold for retirement out of my check. At least CalPers administers the program so I know the money won't get pissed off by the crooks in Sacramento.

sometimes I make myself laugh, sometimes its just your face

Using a chicken feather is Kinky, using the whole chicken is sick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode