Orlando Shooter basically worked for DHS??? - Page 7 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 07:47 PM
R1 it's Legendary...like MOTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post
Perfect example of extremes...

I think your limited way of thinking in the boxed and fictional path is extremes of being naive and discombobulated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

BaLLiSTiX go get'um
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 09:42 PM
I eat my R1

@AHB537 & @raidwolf , nah, I'm not arguing to 'terk yer freederrrrrms'. In order to keep those freedoms, the community need to come up with their own solution first. If you let things keep going as they are, you give the Government exactly what it wants.

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
post #123 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentySixRed View Post
@AHB537 & @raidwolf , nah, I'm not arguing to 'terk yer freederrrrrms'. In order to keep those freedoms, the community need to come up with their own solution first. If you let things keep going as they are, you give the Government exactly what it wants.

So your not here to argue about taking our freedoms (and an FYI, I'm from Hawaii, MATE!) then what was your point? Last I checked Aussies let their government take their guns on a false buy back program and their crime rates shot skyward especially home invasions. Although gun crimes may have gone down your country suffered tremendously on other forms of violence, as a whole.

TwentySixRed likes this.

BaLLiSTiX go get'um
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #124 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 10:40 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
No the hell he didn't.. He rambled on about bullshiz.

All he wants to do is hinder law abiding citizens. His solutions will not solve the problem, just like it hasn't where he, or you, fvcking live.

I notice you ignored the comment earlier from Beg about Canada's population density because it disproves you, and who you think "won" this thread's argument.

All any more restrictions are going to do is put a burden on honest people. That's it. Criminals don't follow laws, I thought that was pretty obvious.

My question to you is intelligently rebut what you were offered earlier, and the same goes for your Australian friend twentysix.
Fair call... I did ramble on a bit, I should have written clearer.

"All he wants to do is hinder law abiding citizens." Really? So that's all I want? You 100% sure about that? Care to back that up with proof?

"His solutions" - what solutions did I suggest? When did I say they were going to solve "the problem"?

Happy to answer questions about anything you're confused about. I 100% concede your point the post was ramble-y. But don't go inventing an opinion for me I don't have.

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
post #125 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:17 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB537 View Post
So your not here to argue about taking our freedoms (and an FYI, I'm from Hawaii, MATE!) then what was your point? Last I checked Aussies let their government take their guns on a false buy back program and their crime rates shot skyward especially home invasions. Although gun crimes may have gone down your country suffered tremendously on other forms of violence, as a whole.

Agree, Australia's gun laws are a sham. They are un-constitutional, illegal, and don't deal with the problem of criminal gun violence.
Also, gun crime stats have gone down because a lot of the shootings don't get reported. In the Middle Eastern suburbs of Sydney, there's at least one shooting a week. But those are criminal gun crimes, using non-legal guns. So gun laws would do absolutely nothing for those crimes anyway.

Some background:
Back to our gun laws though. The 'legal' gun owning representative organisations were not doing themselves any favors at the time the laws were proposed. The 'resistance' we mounted was full of anger, lots of "merrr conster-tyooshernal rerrrts!" and a whole lot of anti-Government rhetoric. Look how well that worked. It turned the public against us.

The public were concerned about gun deaths, and irresponsible people easily getting automatic weapons. The 'pro gun' crowd were not grasping the real issue - the need to reassure the public. Instead they were huffing and puffing about "their rights!".

So, Australia voted, and the public voted against gun owners. Gun owners were perceived as selfish, irresponsible, and not willing to seriously tackle the problem as they perceived it.

The massacres we had were an excuse for the Government to introduce gun laws, but the truth was they'd been on the shelf ready to go for quite a while. In country Australia, our record of preventable gun accidents was abysmal. Not sure if you have the same thing in Hawaii, but our country bogans were getting all liquored up and shooting drunk; kids were killing each other because loaded guns and ammo were lying around the house/shed/cars/tractors, and dumbshits were treating them with no respect. When I was in school, one of the farm kids shot his brother while climbing through a fence with a gun. FFS, climbing through a fence, with a gun? Basic, basic gun safety stuff.

Where I lived, the neighbour (3km away) often had people come up from the city to shoot. Every year, some city shooter would shoot a mate, someone's house, shed, their car, or some dumb shit like that. I refused to go shooting with half the lads in the district because they were stupid with guns. My high school 'graduation' party (we call them country parties) had some drunk 18yr olds doing burnouts in a V8 ute beside the B&S ball with some drunk ****tard pretending he was a rodeo rider in the back of the ute waving a shotgun. With a hall FULL OF PEOPLE right beside him.

There were a lot of really stupid gun accidents, and every month someone was presenting in hospital with gun related injuries. Irresponsible gun owners were making a really strong case for the Government to regulate guns.

My point:
Gun owners, and owners organisations in Australia, needed to move quickly to address the problems of public perception around gun safety, etc. Instead we raged about our rights, the Government as an evil tyranny, and there was a lot of anger. We did not implement any form of voluntary measures to reassure the public.

We could have launched courses for people who wanted to be gun owners. Gun dealers could have had first time owner courses, where anyone who bought a gun for the first time was trained for a nominal fee. We could have introduced all kinds of feel-good PR that would have made Government regulation seem unnecessary. But we didn't.

We didn't, because most gun owners I knew in the Country were ****ing idiots who didn't care about anything except getting drunk and in-breeding. Lots of arrogant noises were made, and this reinforced the public's decision to vote for us to be restricted.

I'm seeing the same mistakes made in the US, in the current gun debates. I'm not sure what the solution is; that's up to Americans to figure out. But the solution sure as hell is not Government regulation.

Last edited by TwentySixRed; 06-20-2016 at 11:52 PM.
post #126 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:43 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
TwentySixRed

I read your post and while I understand the need to protect the innocent I also believe more in my rights and my freedoms. Men have laid their lives down in the past so we Americans can live better lives. They fought long and hard and they won. So to have to go through a lengthy process to buy firearms just to have someone else randomly tell me I have to do it this way or that way is infringing on my liberties. I do agree that we should be put through training to buy one but I don't agree with the police being allowed to enter my home at will to inspect my "must have gun vault" at anytime they see fit. So I'm with you on some of the things you've said but I'm also against some of the big brother tactics you've listed as well.

Thankyou sir, for replying to my post respectfully. I went back and re-read my post, and I should have written it clearer. I can see how my point wasn't made well.

I'm not advocating for Police powers for violation of personal, property, and natural rights as a solution. Police should not be able to enter any home, without a warrant and reasonable proof of criminality. The gun laws in Australia violate our constitution, they are illegal, over-reaching, and are not created to solve the problem of gun crime, but use gun crime as a pre-text to remove common law, natural law, and civil rights of Australians.

Such laws need to be opposed however we are able.

post #127 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 06:44 AM
wanna B on the Track

Send a message via AIM to castrolr1
All new gun legislation failed to pass the senate

"I can't wait till I'm old enough to feel ways about things" (Phillip J. Fry)
post #128 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 07:24 AM
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
All new gun legislation failed to pass the senate
And thank God our politicians got that one right Although, since Obummer took office he has been trying to restrict 2A rights and has for the most part completely failed. Other than his EO which I hope is challenged in court, nothing has passed.

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
post #129 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 12:39 PM
wanna B on the Track

Send a message via AIM to castrolr1
A few FBI stats

20+ years of FBI data - "Assault Rifles" pose little threat to public safety - Knowledge Glue

"I can't wait till I'm old enough to feel ways about things" (Phillip J. Fry)
post #130 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 06:20 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentySixRed View Post
I agree with your sentiments on the whole, and 100% behind you when you say ****wits should have to undergo a reasonable amount of checks before they are allowed to purchase a weapon. This is what I think is fair:

1. Some form of local Firearms training course + licensing process + skills assessment. Perhaps every 3 years they need to attend and pass a local firearms assessor course?
2. Police or Criminal Background check
3. ID recorded (firearm/drivers license, whatever.)
4. 5-10 rounds from various manufacturers cycled through the firearm into ballistics gel or something similar to collect ballistics 'fingerprint'.

Any reasonable person has just had their ID linked to any projectile that comes out of that weapon. If they are half-sane, they're not going to commit a crime with that thing. And for 99.99999% of legal gun owners, no crime happens.

you are right , but every country have different issues , in the state its a very big business.
if they will change the rules allot of businesses will stop to exist.

and after changing the rules they have to enforce it ...... what about all weapons out there before ?

here in Israel we have very Strict law about weapons , 1st you have to be ex low\Soldier , this apply to more than 50% of Israel Civilians and more then 90% non Arab Civilians .

here its working , most of our response to terrorist acts where by good Civilians with licences guns or soldiers on vacations (soldiers must carry guns on vacation)

one about A suicide terrorist listen to this video

post #131 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 10:56 AM

Ah a good sit in......a sign that the liberals aren't getting what they want and by god they will sit there on their smart phones until they get it!

John Lewis leads sit-in on House floor over guns - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
post #132 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
Ah a good sit in......a sign that the liberals aren't getting what they want and by god they will sit there on their smart phones until they get it!

John Lewis leads sit-in on House floor over guns - CNNPolitics.com

They won't have to wait long, I suspect the Repubs are going to cave and give it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37
Frank and I are Bag of Dicks twins!

post #133 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
They won't have to wait long, I suspect the Repubs are going to cave and give it to them.
They won't have the votes anyway so I don't see why not to let them.

Quote:
post #134 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
They won't have the votes anyway so I don't see why not to let them.

This is simply opportunistic election year grandstanding by the Dems. They are going to exploit the Orlando incident to get anything they can get in the way of gun control, and make the repubs look like unsympathetic Neanderthals in the process. It's working pretty well so far, too. Too bad the Repubs are so fcvking stupid they can't figure out how to see this coming, nor how to get out in front of the real problem. How about if they have a sit-in until the dems agree to crack down on crime, enforcing existing laws, reform welfare instead of paying them to be criminals, etc. The game is so easy, yet they are collectively so fcvking dumb. At this point I'd say Paul Ryan may be the biggest pussy in Washington DC.

Quote:

Last edited by KMac; 06-22-2016 at 11:15 AM.
post #135 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
At this point I'd say Paul Ryan may be the biggest pussy in Washington DC.
You mean not including call girls?

It's such a fine line, they're all prostitutes...

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #136 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Anyone not realize what's actually happening in this country?

How is it that every election year there's "all of a sudden" a major crime or event that takes place to allow the runners a chance to prove their worthy? It's happened ever since I could remember as a kid and we've all known about this.

Bush Sr.- Sadam Hussein and Dessert Storm

Clinton- Iraqi Freedom

Bush Jr- 911

Obama- Racial Equality

Now- Orlando, Afghan, Russia, Korea and on and on and on...

Yes some of the same topics have been reoccurring if not all of them but still some major event always seems to take place just before election.

The fvck are we Americans doing!!!?

Do we actually want a country or do we just want all the bullshit. There needs to be better voting and real qualified leaders to be in the seat of Presidency. This is garbage. Trumps a joke and he's using the 2A to get his votes when he just asked to put some form of gun control in after Orlando. Killary is a cvnt and fvck that if we have a woman as President shit would just go haywire. Not to mention we've got a debt that in my book is and should be the biggest topic on any politicians mind.

So what we just settle for crap? The fvck!!!

BaLLiSTiX go get'um
post #137 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Anyone not realize what's actually happening in this country?

How is it that every election year there's "all of a sudden" a major crime or event that takes place to allow the runners a chance to prove their worthy? It's happened ever since I could remember as a kid and we've all known about this.

Bush Sr.- Sadam Hussein and Dessert Storm

Clinton- Iraqi Freedom

Bush Jr- 911

Obama- Racial Equality

Now- Orlando, Afghan, Russia, Korea and on and on and on...

Yes some of the same topics have been reoccurring if not all of them but still some major event always seems to take place just before election.

The fvck are we Americans doing!!!?

Do we actually want a country or do we just want all the bullshit. There needs to be better voting and real qualified leaders to be in the seat of Presidency. This is garbage. Trumps a joke and he's using the 2A to get his votes when he just asked to put some form of gun control in after Orlando. Killary is a cvnt and fvck that if we have a woman as President shit would just go haywire. Not to mention we've got a debt that in my book is and should be the biggest topic on any politicians mind.

So what we just settle for crap? The fvck!!!

You sure about all those? I know of at least of them happened when they were President, not during the election year. For that matter, there's always bad sheot happening, it doesn't stop just because it's an election year.

Quote:

post #138 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
You sure about all those? I know of at least of them happened when they were President, not during the election year. For that matter, there's always bad sheot happening, it doesn't stop just because it's an election year.

Lol...no...haha. I was venting dude.

BaLLiSTiX go get'um
post #139 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 08:58 AM

This sit is crap reminds me of the 1% rallies

Quote:
post #140 of 150 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
"No crime is possible to completely eliminate. But if you can cut a crime statistic in HALF, that would be considered a HUGE success. "

I'll run with this retarded logic.....why don't the police monitor everyone's phone and Internet traffic then, every bit of it.....after all, it would cut child porn and child predator cases in half I'm sure. Not to mention all the other crimes that would be noticed. Oh wait that would again infringe on everyone's rights because hypothetically it would do good.

Hell I'll do you one better, governors on all motorcycles, after all who the hell needs the ability to go 170 mph on a public road. Let's limit them to 70 mph. Cars the same thing. Traffic accidents and speeding will be drastically reduced and high speed police chases will be non-existent

And don't say it is different because it isn't.

So again, at what cost is it worth it?
What are guns made for? Sweeping floors?
Does yamaha market a r1 as a killing machine?

Your logic (not surprising) is wacko.
Goatse likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode