Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums - View Single Post - Does yamaha have a TRE like feature?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 AM
R1 MASTER
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
I reported this issue several months ago and others agree with me that installing and calibrating a SpeedoHealer can adversely affect the motor's performance on a 2007 model. The ECU looks at many factors for setting the variable mapping (those with PC3USB's and installed them themselves know what I am talking about) such as rpm, vehicle speed, and gear. The SpeedoHealer changes the output of the speed sensor to your calibration setting, therefore the vehicle speed and engine speed no longer "match" and the engine mapping becomes incorrect. I don't know if a custom map after a SpeedoHealer install will work because based on the way the ECU controls the map and how the PC3USB works, apparently you can't fully re-map the bike like you could on the older models. Do a search and you'll find the comments. I have 2 SpeedoHealers still sitting in the box in my garage (1 is actually a Jim Ahlman design) because of this. I may just stick one on my R6 to see if it does the same. You can argue with me or disagree but like the saying goes... "Been there, done that, got the t-shirt."

Unfortunately, yourself and R1Phrankey seem to be about the only ones here on the Forum reporting performance problems on the 07 with Speedohealer installed.

There are a number of possibilities as to why it did not work on your bikes. Perhaps your stock ECU would somehow not allow the Speedohealer to interface with it? Perhaps your Speedohealer's where defective? Perhaps improper installation, etc.

Although I don't have a direct answer for your specific cases, there are many other members that have installed the Speedohealer with no loss of performance on the 07 R1.

Myself and others do actually ride the bike in the power band so a decrease in performance would be quickly noted. If there was a performance problem, it would quickly come to light when competing against other litre bikes.

I can promise you there is no performance problem with my bike.

It is almost comical that you continue to bring this subject up in every Speedohealer thread after so many people have reported successful installations. I actually see more faulty (meaning bike won't run with PC plugged in, unhook PC and bike runs) PC's on motorcycles these days when it comes to electronics on the bikes, but you don't see people on here saying "Don't install a Dynojet PCIII USB because it will leave your bike in a non-running state"

Sorry for the long read.

Ride safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Graves Smog Block Off Plates, Rear Fender Eliminator, Puig Windscreen (Dark Smoke), Pazzo Lever (Black w/Gold Adjusters: Long Clutch Short Brake), Shogun Slider Crash Kit, Speedohealer, Galfer Front Braided Brake Lines (Black), Progrip Handlebar Grips, Harris Tank Pad (Blue), Greggs Mirror Block Offs, CRG 2" Bar End Mirror, Watsen Flush Front LED Turnsignals.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome