2015 R1 Graves ECU Flash Tune - Page 13 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha YZF-R1 - R1M General Discussion General discussion area specific to the 2015 Yamaha R1M model. Please post all YZF-R1 R1M related topics in this section.

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 326 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
tHE GODFATHER

Send a message via AIM to SpidermanSS
We are waiting on hardware... It's just taking time. Soon as it's available I'll post up all the info and get everyone taken care of
r1coder and gsa013 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 326 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Gian11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post
We are waiting on hardware... It's just taking time. Soon as it's available I'll post up all the info and get everyone taken care of
any ETA at all?
post #243 of 326 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 03:25 PM
I eat my R1

Pretty stoked about the auto-tune

2015 R1 - SOLD
Parts for sale: Bursig Stand & Renthal 525 sprocket set. PM me

Next Yamaha - XSR900 and/or YXZ1000R

Lots of knowledgable people and tons of helpful info on this forum. Keep it up!

post #244 of 326 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 PM
you lose

Yup auto tune with FTECU from graves would be about the best thing going.

If everthing is coming at you...then your in the wrong lane
post #245 of 326 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 06:47 PM
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK !!!

Looking forward to this.
post #246 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 05:35 AM
Twisty Roads for me!

I would like to get one. Please add me to the list.

My 07 mod's

Ohlins TTX-36, Ohlins 25mm front cart, Fastcard Gen III, Dynojet Ing module, Quick shifter, Akro Evo II, Speedohealer, Zumo 550 GPS, Pluig DB, Seat Cal, Gel seat, 520 kit, Steel brake lines, Hid 6000k lights high and low beams, Bridgestone BT-016R 120/70, and 190/55, Greg flush mount lights, LED tail light, Driven Gel grips, GTYR air filter, Passport 8500 Rader dector, HPC steering damper, Marchesini Wheels, Pazzo short levers, Vortex Rear sets..
post #247 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 10:28 AM
R1 Valentino Rossi fan

I'm interested for sure and here is one concern that I have:
I got the custom map done on the dyno, would the auto tune make this custom map more effective? Or once we do the custom map on the dyno this is the best that we can get it?

Thanks,

R1 2015 mods:
FT flash tune
FT Downshift blipper
post #248 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 01:27 PM
you lose

I think the auto tune would make the custom map obsolete. Your bikes fueling would always be adjusted in real time....i think...i'm winging it though.

If everthing is coming at you...then your in the wrong lane
post #249 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 06:28 PM
My R1 eats me.

Garage
Is there an estimated price yet for this "autotune" setup
post #250 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Ok, so here is what I found on my CAD bike:
1. Any map that is not CAD will flush but the bike will not turn.
2. I can take a stock CAD map and copy in to it an unrestricted US map and the bike will turn just fine.

Now, the question I have is:
Does anyone know why I can't use a US map on a CAD bike?
There is a setting called US harness with a true/false, is that the reason?

If it is, how do I get a Graves map to work on my bike?
post #251 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
tHE GODFATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBARacing View Post
Ok, so here is what I found on my CAD bike:
1. Any map that is not CAD will flush but the bike will not turn.
2. I can take a stock CAD map and copy in to it an unrestricted US map and the bike will turn just fine.

Now, the question I have is:
Does anyone know why I can't use a US map on a CAD bike?
There is a setting called US harness with a true/false, is that the reason?

If it is, how do I get a Graves map to work on my bike?

Canadian bikes use the EURO maps. The are marked (.EU). In the Graves third party maps. Do not use the .US maps your bike will not fire correctly. What Graves exhaust do you have?

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #252 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 10:36 AM

Thanks, why not call them CAD/EU then?
Are the EU identical to the CAD?
I have a Cat Del on it.
So I was looking to use the Cat Del file, and I guess EU then, right?
post #253 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Crossed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBARacing View Post
Thanks, why not call them CAD/EU then?
Are the EU identical to the CAD?
I have a Cat Del on it.
So I was looking to use the Cat Del file, and I guess EU then, right?
Yes.
post #254 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM

Tnx, do we know what's diff in the US setting vs the EU/CAD?
post #255 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
tHE GODFATHER

They are the same just input differently on your different model. If your using a Graves cat Elim on a Canadian bike use the cat Elim. EU map

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

post #256 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Gian11

Garage
and here was I hoping that @SpidermanSS was replying because he had the autotune info ready to go...
Doc Holiday likes this.
post #257 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 04:15 PM
My R1 eats me.

3/4 exhaust and check engine light 17

I received the 2015 R1M and before riding it installed a 3/4 SC Project exhaust. Once starting the bike the exhaust valve triggered Check Engine Light 17 which in turn froze up the electronics on the bike. None of the electronics worked, after plugging the exhaust servo back in it went back to normal. At that point I ordered Both the Flash tune Bench kit, and the "Graves Motorsports Yamaha Exup Servo Eliminator" the flash tune arrived prior to the servo eliminator so I flashed the ECU with the Graves Decat map, but forgot to put "True" on the field for the exup servo field which meant that the problem presisted. I decided to wait for the plug and just plugging it versus reflashing the ECU. The plug however did not help. Upon calling Graves they were helpful with the flash tune but I could not get a clear answer about the plug. Every time I asked about it, the answer was that due to the fact that I already started the bike which registered the code in the ECU, I need to use the Flash Tune, when asking what should I do with the plug they went back to the instructions for the flash tune vs explaining what should I do with the plug. I admit my situation was a bit different but I still got off the phone feeling like they brushed off any answer about the plug.
So I went back and reflashed the ECU again with the correct setting this time and Check 17 went away, and the electronics are now functioning correctly. Since I never rode the bike in stock form I can not comment on differences. The bike runs a bit lean (SC Project 3/4, Graves decat map built for the Graves 3/4 Exhaust), Quite a bit of popping on declaration which I like but no back fires. Throttle response a bit sensitive, but compared to my 1198 with Motion pro quick turn not bad.
As soon as i get a chance I will get my own map built and see what kind of numbers I can get. The reason I wanted to graves map as soon as I could was for all the other features that it corrects including the US nuter mode.
post #258 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 06:40 PM
I eat my R1

i want me some of that auto tune
post #259 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
tHE GODFATHER

Hello Eran,

I spent the time to go back through our tech support call logs and listen to the tech support session and I believe are staff covered it completely. Our staff clearly stated that since you started the bike before the sending the flash (without your exup attached to the motorcycle) that the error code would need to be pulled from the motorcycle by using the recall feature within the flashes' software. The exup eliminator would work only if it was installed from the start (IE before you started the bike without your exup). I'm sorry you didn't like the answer and didn't have access or want to flash again like you stated numerous times to us. All we could do is repeat the correct way to work on things. I cannot comment on how a SC ?? exhaust works on the bikes with our maps, WE ARE GRAVES MOTORSPORTS. I can tell you that our exhausts are performance based and with our maps tested our race team riders, Chuck Graves and racing teams all over the world consistently go faster using our setup than any other mappings commercially available. The popping on deceleration is cut in my own terms by about 75% from the stop setup. The engine braking on it's own is down 90%. Smog block off plates will help some (our map also closes the valve) and any other throttle popping can be attributed to fuel left on the map to increase lap times DRAMATICALLY.

If you are looking for a quicker throttle our 1/4 throttles are one piece and work incredibly on the new R1 ..

Anyone else waiting on Flash auto tune. it's going to be a bit. Hardware that performs to standard is being built in bulk and it's going to take more time for a reliable kit that we are happy with. No pricing until it's released

Thanks and have a great day.

-Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eran Journo View Post
I received the 2015 R1M and before riding it installed a 3/4 SC Project exhaust. Once starting the bike the exhaust valve triggered Check Engine Light 17 which in turn froze up the electronics on the bike. None of the electronics worked, after plugging the exhaust servo back in it went back to normal. At that point I ordered Both the Flash tune Bench kit, and the "Graves Motorsports Yamaha Exup Servo Eliminator" the flash tune arrived prior to the servo eliminator so I flashed the ECU with the Graves Decat map, but forgot to put "True" on the field for the exup servo field which meant that the problem presisted. I decided to wait for the plug and just plugging it versus reflashing the ECU. The plug however did not help. Upon calling Graves they were helpful with the flash tune but I could not get a clear answer about the plug. Every time I asked about it, the answer was that due to the fact that I already started the bike which registered the code in the ECU, I need to use the Flash Tune, when asking what should I do with the plug they went back to the instructions for the flash tune vs explaining what should I do with the plug. I admit my situation was a bit different but I still got off the phone feeling like they brushed off any answer about the plug.
So I went back and reflashed the ECU again with the correct setting this time and Check 17 went away, and the electronics are now functioning correctly. Since I never rode the bike in stock form I can not comment on differences. The bike runs a bit lean (SC Project 3/4, Graves decat map built for the Graves 3/4 Exhaust), Quite a bit of popping on declaration which I like but no back fires. Throttle response a bit sensitive, but compared to my 1198 with Motion pro quick turn not bad.
As soon as i get a chance I will get my own map built and see what kind of numbers I can get. The reason I wanted to graves map as soon as I could was for all the other features that it corrects including the US nuter mode.
gsa013 and drdiesel1 like this.

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

post #260 of 326 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:57 PM
BMWRSLO

^^^^^^ Thanks for the auto tune update ^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's difficult to explain how things need to work to DIYer's that don't understand the system they're working with. I read the distructions and had no problems with eliminating the EXup system and didn't need the fooler plug. It's not necessary with the FT/ECU system.
Just follow the simple directions and it's easy to NOT have problems
SpidermanSS likes this.

My first Yamaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode