Brake rotor offset & Aftermarket wheels? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha YZF-R1 - R1M General Discussion General discussion area specific to the 2015 Yamaha R1M model. Please post all YZF-R1 R1M related topics in this section.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 522
Brake rotor offset & Aftermarket wheels?

Anyone know what offset is needed for brake rotor carriers in order to run rotors that mount directly to the rim instead of the adapters used by OZ racing and Marchesini aftermarket wheels. I always see race bikes with direct bolt rotors w/ the proper offset. The graves bike is one example. I know the wheel makers use these adapters for direct fitment of Oem brake rotors, but I'm willing to buy the wheels and specific offset rotors (both in gold) to avoid having the black adapter and bolts showing in the center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yamaha-60th-Graves-R1.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	907666  

Last edited by P.K.1000r; 12-15-2016 at 02:04 AM.
P.K.1000r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 522
The black adapter mounted to the wheel and then the rotor mounted to the adapter is way to busy for me. With gold wheels and gold rotor carriers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1GPMAIN_666.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	323.7 KB
ID:	907674  

Last edited by P.K.1000r; 12-15-2016 at 02:05 AM.
P.K.1000r is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:08 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor
 
tlrskunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 737
That's a good question
tlrskunk is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 03:56 PM
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
 
2muchbluE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,907
Garage
i think you gonna have to pm @SpidermanSS to get an answer
2muchbluE is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbluE View Post
i think you gonna have to pm @SpidermanSS to get an answer
Please do!
P.K.1000r is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:44 PM
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
 
2muchbluE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,907
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K.1000r View Post
Anyone know what offset is needed for brake rotor carriers in order to run rotors that mount directly to the rim instead of the adapters used by OZ racing and Marchesini aftermarket wheels. I always see race bikes with direct bolt rotors w/ the proper offset. The graves bike is one example. I know the wheel makers use these adapters for direct fitment of Oem brake rotors, but I'm willing to buy the wheels and specific offset rotors (both in gold) to avoid having the black adapter and bolts showing in the center.
i think these are the wheels you are looking for??? I am not sure the year but it has the mounts you looking for....... ? maybe its the cattiva r set up?

OZ Cattiva R, 17" Forged Magnesium Superbike Wheels, fits: Yamaha R1 | eBay

Last edited by 2muchbluE; 12-22-2016 at 02:49 PM.
2muchbluE is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Gian11
 
gsa013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,543
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbluE View Post
i think these are the wheels you are looking for??? I am not sure the year but it has the mounts you looking for....... ? maybe its the cattiva r set up?

OZ Cattiva R, 17" Forged Magnesium Superbike Wheels, fits: Yamaha R1 | eBay
Those wheels are nice. I`ve been eyeballing them for more than a year.. wish they would work for our bikes.
gsa013 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 58
Ive ordered the U.S. Made Carrozzeria Forged Aluminum wheels in Gold for my 60th Anni R1...

Should be getting it sometime early Feb or late January 2017 as it takes 6weeks to make one for my 2016 R1...

It will be a complete bolt on Item...will post photos here once installed!

Have a Merry Christmas and ride safe!
migR1 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor
 
tlrskunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by migR1 View Post
Ive ordered the U.S. Made Carrozzeria Forged Aluminum wheels in Gold for my 60th Anni R1...

Should be getting it sometime early Feb or late January 2017 as it takes 6weeks to make one for my 2016 R1...

It will be a complete bolt on Item...will post photos here once installed!

Have a Merry Christmas and ride safe!
Excited to see this cause that is on my list for this upcoming spring.
tlrskunk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome