Does 2019 R1 have Cruise Control? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha YZF-R1 - R1M General Discussion General discussion area specific to the 2015 Yamaha R1M model. Please post all YZF-R1 R1M related topics in this section.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevap
  • 1 Post By cassio.freitas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
R1 Valentino Rossi fan

Does 2019 R1 have Cruise Control?

Greetings to all,

I would like to ask for your guidance, do you guys know if the 2019 R1 comes with cruise control?

Thanks,

Cassio

R1 2015**Stolen**
FZ-10 2017 with mods:
R1 Motor fully tunned, Woolich tune and Downshift blipper
RSV4 RF 2017 stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:43 PM
I miss my R1

No, the only modern superbike that comes with cruise control is the BMW S1000R, and even that is an optional extra on the new bike (I think the old ones included it).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 08:55 PM
Super Duper Moderator

Garage
That's funny... the R1 will never have cruise control.
Jin Ba Itai likes this.

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
R1 Valentino Rossi fan

Thanks for answering.
Related to BMW 1000RR been the only one with Cruise Control that statement is not correct. I have a RSV4 RF 2017 and it does have cruise control and Ducati V4S does have cruise control as well.
Related to the statement "R1 will never have cruise control" I'm not a fan to deal with situations in "absolute", with the market the way that it is right now a lot of changes are coming and the competition is very hard and Yamaha already have MT-10 with cruise control and to migrate to R1 does not require much and in order to compete with the best (2020 BWM, RSV4 1100, Panigale V4 and the new ZX-10R that is coming soon) Yamaha will use all arsenal they have.
bacchus40 likes this.

R1 2015**Stolen**
FZ-10 2017 with mods:
R1 Motor fully tunned, Woolich tune and Downshift blipper
RSV4 RF 2017 stock
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:11 AM
I miss my R1

Fair enough, the BMW is likely the only superbike with cruise control that will continue to work after a few years... happy?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:32 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
why not?

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassio.freitas View Post
I'm not a fan to deal with situations in "absolute", with the market the way that it is right now a lot of changes are coming and the competition is very hard and Yamaha already have MT-10 with cruise control and to migrate to R1 does not require much and in order to compete with the best (2020 BWM, RSV4 1100, Panigale V4 and the new ZX-10R that is coming soon) Yamaha will use all arsenal they have.
Agreed. I love the CC on my 2019 MT-10. Nothing better than to be able to rest your throttle hand on the way home after a long day of riding. It also makes the occasional slabbing a bit less tedious. I say that's a good thing, and Yamaha should incorporate it into the upcoming R1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
Sounds like someone here hasn't tried cruise control on a modern sportbike. Try it. You may be pleasantly surprised...and we won't tell anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode