2015 R1M Pricing? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha R1M Dealers, Purchases, Orders & Pricing Forum for threads about purchasing a new 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1M. Discuss pricing, dealer feedback, latest incentives, and ordering information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
SEMPER FI 0331

2015 R1M Pricing?

Hello.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but the pricing section seemed to be just about new bikes. Im thinking about getting a hellcat challenger. If I do I would need to sell my bike. I'm not sure if going to or not. I don't really know how I would price my bike. I think what bluebook is telling me is high. Its pretty high miliage for a 15 . its got 18k miles pretty much all highway miles from going to work. Its dyno tuned by 2wheel dyno works. I shortened the exhaust 5 inches , and put a vortex v3 520 chain and sprocket kit with -1 front. Other than that its pretty much stock. In good shape never dropped garage kept all that. What would be a good price for it. It is higher miles but its been taken care of. Just looking for some opinions to see if its something I want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM
my genius knows no bounds

dont do it, those things STILL dont have an acceptable power/weight ratio, cost a ton, 22-ish mpg on the highway etcetc.. just.. why?

if you want performance youve already got it sitting in your garage, more of it that is, and far far cheaper, and hell even way better gas mileage. does it get much better than that? why lose money on something ya already got? yes, grass is greener etcetc but the grass seems pretty damn green to me still, over here on team blue =)

as for selling it, id really put the chain/sprocket back to stock numbers if you can, since anyone who buys it will very likely track it
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
SEMPER FI 0331

The hellcat will do the 1/4 mile in the 10's with drag radials that's pretty damn acceptable to me lol. I just like them. Fun big fast as hell car with a rear seat for kids. I'm a automotive tech kind of just want to tinker with a car again. As for sprocket size why change back ? The -1 front is a lot better at the track than stock size. I do track it.

R1M #156
Fear profits a man nothing
Semper fi
III%

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:42 PM
My R1 is my Pacemaker

Garage
Lol oh man this is a thread I can directly relate to lol I used to have a 08 R1 I put my heart and soul into... I too am an Auto/ Diesel Tech and wanted some V8 in my life to play with...i sold my R1 (major loss taken btw) and bought a low mileage 04 GTO and proceeded to mod it to death... I drove it hard, loved it, broke it , fixed it, broke it again, fixed it again, wrecked it , rebuilt it and wrecked it again and rebuilt it again lol...but every summer no matter how fast, fun, and happy the CAR made me every single last time I saw a R1 I'd flash back and regret the day i let her go....that was 10 years ago... lol and I stillll regret handing those keys over...trust me when I say there is nothing that car can do for the adrenaline junky in you like that bike can.. if you want a V8 buy one you don't have to sell the R1 to own.... you will likely feel like me if you let her go...we have our need to tinker but there are 1000s of mods for your bike lol eventually you will have a race bike you buy enough then add another bike to the stable ....best of luck to you though...Hellcat will never give you the feeling that M will thru the corners it's a boat life's to short for straight lines bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
SEMPER FI 0331

Yeah I'm not sure I'm going to do it. I might just add 2 years to my get a hellcat timeline and keep the bike then have both. Besides they might redesign it in the next year or two anyway. Maybe by then I could pick up one of the challenger demons coming out next month.

GTO is a cool car. Those LS's can be fun! I had a 11 second 94 comaro lt1 383 I got tired of breaking and sold to get a bike about 4 years ago.

R1M #156
Fear profits a man nothing
Semper fi
III%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode