Which exhaust did you choose? (Pics please) - Page 12 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha R1 + R1M Tech & Performance Chat Discuss the technical aspects and performance of the Yamaha R1 / R1M and modifications.

174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbuster View Post
removing the exup really makes THAT much difference at low speed/rpm? if im just tooling around town at 5k rpm i dont want it to feel like a 300
No back pressure is a myth anyone who tells you otherwise has no understanding of engines and exhaust.the valve is there to control exhaust reversion every engine has a certain area where the engine is trying to suck air in from the exhaust and is quite noticeable and will give poor throttle response and feel flat this can be tuned out if you know what your doing.if you take the valve out and not bother to adjust afr ign ext of course it's gonna feel like it lost some but tuned you will gain.no back pressure is needed past the collector only velocity and length play a role.longer mufflers do not increase performance because of more back pressure it is only because of the length added to the system a muffler itself will actually give you less back pressure than a straight pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Banned

Graves moto1 with akrapovic midpipe.why???? Cause it sounds like a monster
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	932673  
post #223 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 04:56 AM
My R1 is my Pacemaker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@alltimes View Post
I really like the new shape and hanger on this system. What controls the valve, your stock exup cables? I'm curious what installation consists of to get that valve working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From how it looks I'd think you would reattach the cables to the exup the way it came off the stock unit and run it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

post #224 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 05:54 PM
my genius knows no bounds

that graves bit looks amazing but I find it hard to justify the money. Mid pipe blockoffs and flash seem by far the best mod
Hooli likes this.
post #225 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 06:08 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Just picked up this bad boy as a temporary pipe when I have my full system ceramic coated with a new decat Y pipe... It's going to be so loud.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using Tapatalk
post #226 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:08 AM

hahahha stfu and quit trolling, get outta here =]
post #227 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 09:53 AM
2016 R1M

Just curious if anyone had a bike on a dyno with the new Graves EVR system and proper AFR setup? Would like to see the potential "smoothed out" power and torque curves throughout the rev range. More interested in the complete curves than max numbers.

Last edited by Thiart; 05-04-2017 at 09:58 AM.
post #228 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamp View Post
Just picked up this bad boy as a temporary pipe when I have my full system ceramic coated with a new decat Y pipe... It's going to be so loud.....

you could paint toce on that and sell it for $400
cyclepsycho7 likes this.
post #229 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiart View Post
Just curious if anyone had a bike on a dyno with the new Graves EVR system and proper AFR setup? Would like to see the potential "smoothed out" power and torque curves throughout the rev range. More interested in the complete curves than max numbers.
Dyno numbers and curves can be funny sometimes don't put stock in it.i think the one way to really tell is to have two r1's one with valve one without identical weight rider and do a roll on from 5k up
cyclepsycho7 likes this.
post #230 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
Cot damn. x 100
cyclepsycho7 likes this.
post #231 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 02:32 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
🤣

post #232 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry76 View Post
..just so we're clear on this, I really hate you now.

Think I've checked out the graves site 3-4x since pics of this set appeared
Just4GP likes this.
post #233 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:

Hahaha!!!

cyclepsycho7 likes this.

"Don't let the fear keep you away from your Destiny" - unknown
post #234 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:10 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Send a message via AIM to SpidermanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@alltimes View Post
I really like the new shape and hanger on this system. What controls the valve, your stock exup cables? I'm curious what installation consists of to get that valve working.

Take the stock exup cables and attach them to the Graves exhaust > Use an activation code inside FTEcu's software to unlock the EXup parameters to Graves' setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
Someone posted a couple more pics of the same pipe he had installed on his bike. It indeed appears that the stock Exup servomotor and cables are retained in order to drive the valve in that Graves pipe.
Yes, correct

Quote:
just a heads up to anyone that wants this with a woolich racing race tools (autoblipper/quick shifter) you can't use this exhaust.
woolich uses the Exup plug for their hookup for the blipper and qs.

I wouldn't use the woolich stuff you get what you pay for. There's enough FT deals and packages with exhausts that you can find a good price

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbuster View Post
..just so we're clear on this, I really hate you now.

Think I've checked out the graves site 3-4x since pics of this set appeared
They aren't on the site yet. I have R1 with 200mm Ti silencers (what our superbike team runs) instock. MSRP is $1749.99 (Part # EXY-17R1-CVTT). One of the hold ups is the FT map card activation codes. Anyone that wanted the pipes early we contacted everyone that used the website to question. We did allow pre-release orders and some custom silencer type builds. If you weren't wanting to purchase at that time no big deal. We don't release parts just to appease customers. Our R&D work both product and electronics is extensive on and off the track

Teaser Video of the titanium R1 cat eliminator exhaust with 200 mm Carbon slash cut silencer. These systems will be available in set lengths and custom build sizes (200mm , 265mm and 300mm). The exhaust valve race uses the factory exup cables alongside the Graves EVR valve to fine tune low end and mid race power along with throttle response to create and better powerband and ride. This is particularly effective on exhaust systems with shorter silencers that can rob your bike of power and be extremely loud.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTuS4GHjmKl/

-Shane
bbsteinnewyork likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #235 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Shane, I just installed your 3/4 graves pipe on my 17R1 with the unrestricted FTECU flash.When will the Grave flash be available for the 17.
post #236 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 08:51 PM
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK65 View Post
Shane, I just installed your 3/4 graves pipe on my 17R1 with the unrestricted FTECU flash.When will the Grave flash be available for the 17.
Just use the file from the 2015 R1 that's in the list, it's the same thing unless you have an R1S. Nothing is changed unless you want to get your bike dyno tuned or run the FTECU Activetune.
post #237 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 04:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post

I wouldn't use the woolich stuff you get what you pay for. There's enough FT deals and packages with exhausts that you can find a good price

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTuS4GHjmKl/

-Shane
sorry to burst your bubble but the woolich auto tune is quite a bit better than FTECU. many many more settings. one of the most important of those is the ability to change the header length and diameter for exhaust gas offset. which gives it a more accurate reading. along with many more settings for the qs/blipper than ftecu. I could even take the wideband setup off and use it on my car if I want. I'm not stuck with a useless unit that only works on my bike. http://www.zeitronix.com/

and they don't need 2 qs sensors because they're not retarded and know how to make a 2 way sensor.
don't get all super proud of that exup. just months ago you would have told everyone exup sucks get rid of it.

Last edited by yamaharandy; 05-27-2017 at 04:45 AM.
post #238 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Unacceptable

Quote:
sorry to burst your bubble but the woolich auto tune is quite a bit better than FTECU. many many more settings. one of the most important of those is the ability to change the header length and diameter for exhaust gas offset. which gives it a more accurate reading. along with many more settings for the qs/blipper than ftecu. I could even take the wideband setup off and use it on my car if I want. I'm not stuck with a useless unit that only works on my bike. Zeitronix : Wideband Engine Datalogging Systems and Accessories

and they don't need 2 qs sensors because they're not retarded and know how to make a 2 way sensor.
don't get all super proud of that exup. just months ago you would have told everyone exup sucks get rid of it.
gkamp likes this.
post #239 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:29 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
sorry to burst your bubble but the woolich auto tune is quite a bit better than FTECU. many many more settings. one of the most important of those is the ability to change the header length and diameter for exhaust gas offset. which gives it a more accurate reading. along with many more settings for the qs/blipper than ftecu. I could even take the wideband setup off and use it on my car if I want. I'm not stuck with a useless unit that only works on my bike. http://www.zeitronix.com/

You don't need to be nasty to support the product you like, however you should consider what your going to say before you say it.

You didn't even bother to articulate what the 2 systems do differently.

Everyone knows the FTECU system is more effective for the everyday user.

As for the Graves EVR - hands down the best pipe on the market in terms of build quality and performance. Graves is way ahead of the curve in this!😊

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
harry76 and Yautja like this.
post #240 of 304 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 05:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
Quote:

You don't need to be nasty to support the product you like, however you should consider what your going to say before you say it.

You didn't even bother to articulate what the 2 systems do differently.

Everyone knows the FTECU system is more effective for the everyday user.

As for the Graves EVR - hands down the best pipe on the market in terms of build quality and performance. Graves is way ahead of the curve in this!��

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
go on youtube and ask marcel irnie his opinion of his graves full exhaust header blowing apart in a race. Skip to 9:15

both FTECU and woolich are about the same. neither one of them is any better than the other. one does some things better and the other does some other things better. woolich went with an odd way of using the exup plug for the blipper and QS. so yeah if you really want/need the graves new exup setup I guess you can't use it with the woolich stuff. who cares if ftecu has a bigger following and more pre made maps available. that stuff is actually useless if you really want your bike to be correct you can't rely on that crap.
you need to have one done for your bike on the dyno.
the graves and ftecu guys on the forum act like the products they sell are the only viable worthwhile options out. and that's not the case. in fact I bet most of the racing world has never used a graves or ftecu product (wsbk, bsb motogp etc). ftecu is a decent product of course. but it's still not all that the vendors make it out to be. if it was it would work without wifi. have fun at a track you absolutely need to make a change to the bike and you cant because ftecu in their infinite wisdom decided you can't use the software unless you're online. and lets not forget the sneaky update they did to the old system and bricked the older devices on guys and told them tough shit. now hows that for "getting what you paid for"? lets here spiderman ss explain that one...

while you're out of luck packing up for the day I'll be over here using my woolich to tune on mine offline. you know, because I bought it, i get to use it wherever whenever I want...

Last edited by yamaharandy; 05-28-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode