Which exhaust did you choose? (Pics please) - Page 14 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha R1 + R1M Tech & Performance Chat Discuss the technical aspects and performance of the Yamaha R1 / R1M and modifications.

174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 12:24 AM
Not an R7, next best thing!!

The MJS is exactly what I was looking for:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 04:51 AM
THEONEGTIVR6

Well mine is a 04 R1 but she is basically brand new. 715mi when purchased a couple months ago. I choose a full arrow system. It was readily available and I had found the y pipe back kit for a smoking deal on flea bay. 329 bucks for 71687ao & 71287mi which is basically the end system including the Y. It works with the stock or arrow header. At first I was going to be happy with just that but kept my eye out for a deal on 71288mi collector/header an found it as well at 450 bucks. Waiting on the header still at this point.

04 R1 Gilles rear sets carbon fiber front fender,chain guard ,dash panels and heel guards. Pirelli supercorsa v2s my baby
post #263 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:50 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
For my 15 R1 and R1M i used/use Austin Racing & Akrapovic Full EVO system.
AR is defo the most insane sounding one, but i really like the Akrapvic sound aswell. Also, Akrapovic exhaust is not justified on pictures, as it looks better when standing next to the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160927_130403.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	944985   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160927_130436.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	944993   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160927_130512.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	945001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_6.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	945009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	945017  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	945025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_7.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	945041  

-04 R1 Sold- -09 R1 Sold- -15 R1 Sold Now -15 R1M
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RavenNOR; 07-22-2017 at 09:59 AM.

post #264 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 05:22 PM
THEONEGTIVR6

Guys I have my arrow collector on its way so wanted to ask. Will the system come with new exhaust gaskets or orings?? I remember on my 02 it seems like I may have reused the stock ones. Should I order new?? This is on a very low mileage 2004 r1??

04 R1 Gilles rear sets carbon fiber front fender,chain guard ,dash panels and heel guards. Pirelli supercorsa v2s my baby
post #265 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 06:38 AM
THEONEGTIVR6

Anyone know my answer to my question in the last post?? Also anyone know how much it will help my temps by eliminating the exup and convertor being I'm adding a full system.

post #266 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:09 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

You might want to ask in the appropriate sub-forum as we have '15-'17 R1's and probably don't know what comes with that exhaust.
post #267 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 08:39 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Send a message via AIM to SpidermanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
Very nice exhaust! I have a question regarding the compatibility of their 3/4 vs. full systems. If one purchases the Graves cat-eliminator system, and decides to upgrade to their full system at a later date, will the Y-pipe (link) pipe from the 3/4 system fit the Graves headers?
You'd have to use the FZ10 ti headers. They interlink to stock mounting points.
bbsteinnewyork likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/
/

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #268 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 08:46 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Cool

I spent the weekend on a Graves' EVR Type-R : R1 and Fz10. Some of the roads we went on in SoCal are really tight. The throttle response and smoothness of the setup was insane. I need to right up an article soon. (coupon code: r1forum is open for discounts on Gravesport.com )

In the interim, we have stock on R1 200mm Ti systems : https://www.gravesport.com/products/...ve-type-r.html

Install video here:

Sound video here:

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #269 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:12 AM
Unacceptable

Looking forward to more reviews as this system gets out on more roads.

As soon as I get my bench side harness kit (and this month's rent out the way haha), I'll put in an order for an EVR 3/4 de-cat system with a 300mm carbon can and end cap. I understand that it ships with a Graves fuel map built especially for this pipe. Would that be an attached file sent to my email address? And when written to the ecu it will overwrite the currently existing map (my Woolich tune which is backed-up on a thumb drive)?
post #270 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 06:53 PM
tHE GODFATHER

You receive a scratch off code to allow a map add-on. Then use our emailed map file. I assume woolach maps can me overwritten I've never tried. I'd write the un-restricted file first to be sure. Cheers

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

post #271 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM
My R1 eats me.

possibly a stupid question here but I am going for it. Are y'all sending your ECU places to get them flashed or doing it via laptop?
post #272 of 304 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 06:20 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean-2e View Post
possibly a stupid question here but I am going for it. Are y'all sending your ECU places to get them flashed or doing it via laptop?
I did mine via the lap top. It came in handy having my own cable to clear some error codes and when I updated from the standard 3/4 system to the Graves EVR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
SpidermanSS likes this.
post #273 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Unacceptable

So this happened today.

Will flash the ecu tomorrow after work.
SpidermanSS, DarkHorse and harry76 like this.
post #274 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 AM
My R1 eats me.

You will love that pipe and performance with the flash!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Hooli likes this.
post #275 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 11:38 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post
I spent the weekend on a Graves' EVR Type-R : R1 and Fz10. Some of the roads we went on in SoCal are really tight. The throttle response and smoothness of the setup was insane. I need to right up an article soon. (coupon code: r1forum is open for discounts on Gravesport.com )

In the interim, we have stock on R1 200mm Ti systems : https://www.gravesport.com/products/...ve-type-r.html

Install video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB3ygDIT8E0

Sound video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSmOgS-lJ38
Chuck's a great guy. Wish he'd do more videos.

'15 R1M
post #276 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 01:39 PM
My R1 eats me.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post

I have a question... in the system you linked, it mentions a 'sold separately sound insert' to quiet it a bit. Is that on the website anywhere?

I'm also wondering if that sound insert fits the 200mm slip on model? https://www.gravesport.com/products/...st-carbon.html The cans look to be the same shape, although a different material..

I use the above the cat-back slip on with an MJS midpipe right now, and I got pegged at 103.9 db, just above the 103db sound limit at the track. It'd be nice if it were just a touch quieter.
post #277 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 09:10 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Our cat backs don't have a sound insert. They are developed to join to the smaller OEM power robbing bend and sized tube unfortunately. We can build a EVR silencer custom with the end tapered to accept a sound insert if needed. Thank you.

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

post #278 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry76 View Post
You will love that pipe and performance with the flash!
So far enjoying it Bigly. Couple of questions though...I can push on the end of the flapper valve shaft and it moves 2-3mm's in. Cause for concern?

I've also noticed that compared to the other maps the EVR one doesn't allow for fueling or ignition changes; don't know if it's even worth dynoing for custom tweaking. I guess they really locked this one down solid.
post #279 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 05:11 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
So far enjoying it Bigly. Couple of questions though...I can push on the end of the flapper valve shaft and it moves 2-3mm's in. Cause for concern?

I've also noticed that compared to the other maps the EVR one doesn't allow for fueling or ignition changes; don't know if it's even worth dynoing for custom tweaking. I guess they really locked this one down solid.
Are you saying that Graves has maps that you can adjust? I haven't seen these. Do share

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #280 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
Are you saying that Graves has maps that you can adjust? I haven't seen these. Do share
Maybe I'm wrong but I meant things that appear under the unrestricted versions of their ECU Mapping: (fuel tables, ignition, idle speed, throttle-by-wire) and "ECU Settings" (closed loop, air intake flapper, EXUP, steering damper, etc.). The EVR map lacks several of these features. In fact take a gander at this pop-up warning...

Last edited by Hooli; 08-22-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode