Which exhaust did you choose? (Pics please) - Page 15 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha R1 + R1M Tech & Performance Chat Discuss the technical aspects and performance of the Yamaha R1 / R1M and modifications.

174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Chef R1

I've found that the graves map works well but nothing is better than a custom tune and ftecu auto tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooli likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:14 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Send a message via AIM to SpidermanSS
Active tune will put in the right with using a spec built map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #283 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:29 AM
My R1 is my Pacemaker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@alltimes View Post
I've found that the graves map works well but nothing is better than a custom tune and ftecu auto tune

Does the auto tune actively tune the bike or do you have to go in and make the adjustments to the parameters after it records and makes suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

post #284 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Chef R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkThrottle View Post
Does the auto tune actively tune the bike or do you have to go in and make the adjustments to the parameters after it records and makes suggestions

It's live, does it as you ride. Your referring to the dyno jet or bazzaz setup where you have to whip out your laptop and apply/save the parameters.

Hooli likes this.
post #285 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:45 AM
tHE GODFATHER

within 1 second of starting the bike it fine tunes in milliseconds..
Hooli and bbsteinnewyork like this.

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #286 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:47 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkThrottle View Post

It can do both - you choose. It will alter the TPS vs RPM map as you ride, but it doesn't write it to the map on the ECU. In other words, the corrections are gone as soon as you turn off the key. You need to write the changes to the ECU manually through FTecu, before turning off the key. You don't have to, but at least theoretically, the closer the ECU map is to ideal, the less corrections ActiveTune will have to process and maintain - if that even matters.

'15 R1M

Last edited by elevens; 08-23-2017 at 07:50 AM.
post #287 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:33 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post
Active tune will put in the right with using a spec built map

So I have an Ftecu flash already, what do I need for Autotune to work on my bike? Just the Autotune module or the bench tuning system as well?
post #288 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:50 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob691 View Post
So I have an Ftecu flash already, what do I need for Autotune to work on my bike? Just the Autotune module or the bench tuning system as well?

an exhaust with a 18.1mm bung and a active tune kit. If you are running a open map and want to update you'll be fine either kit. If you want to update before turning off the bike the baseline map (like if you are using an unrestricted file) then you'll want to have a bike side harness. Coupon code: r1forum is active for purchases on gravesport.com
fastrob691 likes this.

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

post #289 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but I meant things that appear under the unrestricted versions of their ECU Mapping: (fuel tables, ignition, idle speed, throttle-by-wire) and "ECU Settings" (closed loop, air intake flapper, EXUP, steering damper, etc.). The EVR map lacks several of these features. In fact take a gander at this pop-up warning...

You are correct. Thats what my map looks like. I not sure it's an issue. I have never ridden a bike that has such a smooth power delivery. I have the EVR on my R1 and FZ10 an both feel incredible. I can't imagine changing anything from my current set up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #290 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 11:45 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post
an exhaust with a 18.1mm bung and a active tune kit. If you are running a open map and want to update you'll be fine either kit. If you want to update before turning off the bike the baseline map (like if you are using an unrestricted file) then you'll want to have a bike side harness. Coupon code: r1forum is active for purchases on gravesport.com

So do I need to have this enabled or from where i'm at now is it plug and play? Does this come with software for setting a target afr or? I just cant find much info on this out there. I have a rapidbike on my Multistrada but since I've got an Ftecu tune on the bike now I figured i'd stick with their tuner instead of buying all new stuff for the M.
post #291 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
You are correct. Thats what my map looks like. I not sure it's an issue. I have never ridden a bike that has such a smooth power delivery. I have the EVR on my R1 and FZ10 an both feel incredible. I can't imagine changing anything from my current set up.
Noted. I guess that from the seat of the pants feeling the smoother power delivery actually makes the bike feel slower compared to the decat pipe/stock muffler setup I had before. Until I glance down at the speedo, that is...
post #292 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 04:04 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob691 View Post
So do I need to have this enabled or from where i'm at now is it plug and play? Does this come with software for setting a target afr or? I just cant find much info on this out there. I have a rapidbike on my Multistrada but since I've got an Ftecu tune on the bike now I figured i'd stick with their tuner instead of buying all new stuff for the M.
Do you buy the Ftecu kit or have someone flash it?

post #293 of 304 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 06:26 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
Do you buy the Ftecu kit or have someone flash it?

I've got a flash from XplaneR1tuning.
post #294 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:53 AM
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"

Garage

It's also for sale!
post #295 of 304 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 05:21 AM
I eat my R1

Beautiful pipe

post #296 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Thank you for all your posts, info & pictures. It's been a lot of help reading you guys!

I'm between the Akra and the Austin Racing

Is someone using the Austin Racing exhasut?. My question is if by using the Austin you can kept the passenger footrest (I want to keep it)

And whatever my decision regarding the exhaust, my idea is to use woolich

Last edited by Ignacio-Arg; 10-20-2017 at 11:36 AM.
post #297 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 05:23 AM
My R1 eats me.

I bought my 2015 5 months ago. It has a carbon yoshi can and decat pipe. Thinking of replacing with sc projects or Austin. I'll let it go for cheapish?? I ride in Texas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171002_123021_548_1508501920056.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	957105   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171005_174126_1508502140854.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	957121  
post #298 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 05:25 AM
My R1 eats me.

Here is a better pic ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20171020-072440_1508502323461.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	957129  
post #299 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Red face

One of the most common questions I get with the Graves R1 EVR Type-R exhaust system is dyno charts. In reality it is very similar to our race developed Cat Eliminator exhaust that makes around 16 horsepower in the midrange and 11-12 horsepower on top with a Graves FTecu flash. The biggest difference is in the lower throttle zones and the throttle responsiveness which are difficult to show in a line drive dyno chart. The 0-25% throttle zone that is so important for bikes and this is where is excels tremdnously.

https://www.gravesport.com/products/...ve-type-r.html

The improvements you see in this throttle zone is what the majority of riders want especially on the daily drivers or canyon riders that spend tons of time transitioning from low to mid throttle openings. We build systems at Graves to improve the motorcycle always, along with that you won't always see the short "poser" type pipes that destroy the powerbands of the motorcycles completely. Our exclusive EVR Type-R mappings and race pipe input we are able to use a shorter silencer and with a race developed Y pipe to achieve the best of both worlds. Standard we offer the 200mm Titanium Silencer used on the Monster Energy Factory Yamaha superbikes. We can with payment built you:

265mm carbon fiber silencer
300mm carbon fiber silencer
200mm Titanium silencer (pictured)
265mm Titanium silencer

Through Sunday if you order a Type-R EVR system at retail from https://www.gravesport.com/products/...ve-type-r.html at check out put in the NOTES: FREE FLASH BIKE SIDE . We will include it for free and email you the appropriate EVR map for use. If you want another silencer than the 200mm ti shown on the website please copy 1 on the 4 types listed above and we will build it custom (keep in mind build time applies 2-3 days generally).

Of course you can call in 800-867-5480 ext 800 to order. The flash tune kits will be back in stock today. Cheers..

-Shane
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	r1-exhaust-valve-type-r-01.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	957161   Click image for larger version

Name:	r1-exhaust-valve-type-r-04.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	957169   Click image for larger version

Name:	r1-exhaust-valve-type-r.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	957177   Click image for larger version

Name:	r1-exhaust-valve-type-r-05.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	957185   Click image for larger version

Name:	r1-exhaust-valve-type-r-02.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	957193  

Name:	20170627_165447.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	539.6 KB
ID:	957201   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161210_165445.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	957209  
2FNSLOW likes this.

/
/
/

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

post #300 of 304 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 06:13 PM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
Yep. Crossplane characteristics.
Does the Akra have a deep throaty sound? I was actually looking at the slip on and decat pipe. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode