Graves 3/4 system EVR owners get in here - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Yamaha R1 + R1M Tech & Performance Chat Discuss the technical aspects and performance of the Yamaha R1 / R1M and modifications.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Graves 3/4 system EVR owners get in here

I know that there are a couple of forum members running this on their bikes.

I'm getting close to making a decision. Next month I plan to spring for a Graves cat delete system to replace my current MJS link pipe/stock muffler setup. Owners of this pipe, give me some feedback. How do you like is so far? My existing configuration works great with the Woolich custom tune (no auto-blipper yet but that's a topic for another discussion), but I do have to admit it can get quite loud when I really get on it. For track use it's no problem but on the street it makes me a bit self-conscious...and yes I do wear ear plugs. I do want to retain the weight loss & improved flow that eliminating the cat gives me but can do without the racket on the street. I guess I could find an aftermarket muffler that incorporates a db killer but that can choke top end. Is the Graves EVR worth the $400+ over their non-exhaust valve offering?

Convince me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 03:51 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
I know that there are a couple of forum members running this on their bikes.

I'm getting close to making a decision. Next month I plan to spring for a Graves cat delete system to replace my current MJS link pipe/stock muffler setup. Owners of this pipe, give me some feedback. How do you like is so far? My existing configuration works great with the Woolich custom tune (no auto-blipper yet but that's a topic for another discussion), but I do have to admit it can get quite loud when I really get on it. For track use it's no problem but on the street it makes me a bit self-conscious...and yes I do wear ear plugs. I do want to retain the weight loss & improved flow that eliminating the cat gives me but can do without the racket on the street. I guess I could find an aftermarket muffler that incorporates a db killer but that can choke top end. Is the Graves EVR worth the $400+ over their non-exhaust valve offering?

Convince me.
For sure! The small throttle improvement is huge. You just don't realize what you losing out on until you try it. I don't wear ear plugs and it really bothered me with the standard cat eliminatir ( and the cars I was passing) now the sound is just right. Fyi I purchase the 265 ti on ti

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

The Graves is gonna be loud as ****, just what you'd expect for any cat delete pipe.

I have the Graves 3/4 system for track riding, the cat/stock muffler goes back on when street riding. All that noise does is attract unwanted attention...

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 03:35 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidwell426 View Post
The Graves is gonna be loud as ****, just what you'd expect for any cat delete pipe.

I have the Graves 3/4 system for track riding, the cat/stock muffler goes back on when street riding. All that noise does is attract unwanted attention...
The sound levels are acceptable when you add the Graves EVR to the 3/4 system IMO

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
The sound levels are acceptable when you add the Graves EVR to the 3/4 system IMO
And this brings up the second issue. The bike has been Woolich Race Tuned, and an auto-blipper is on my list this fall. However, Woolich for some reason utilizes the exup motor plug for their auto-blipper install instead of running it into the wiring harness on the left side of the bike like FlashTune does. If I opt for the Graves EVR I probably won't be able to retain the Woolich and will have to re-tune w/FT instead, so I can use their quick upshift/downshift sensors.

Gawdammit, more $$$'s.
bbsteinnewyork likes this.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Believe in Him.

Wink

That's why you should've listened to us instead of ... (banned - you know who) and buy an FTECU kit in the first place, Hooli!
P.K.1000r and bbsteinnewyork like this.

Trust unto God and He shall direct your path.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yautja View Post
That's why you should've listened to us instead of ... (banned - you know who) and buy an FTECU kit in the first place, Hooli!
Yautja likes this.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:10 PM
I don't want a large Farva

Garage
Can you buy the EVR to add it to an existing exhaust? I have their cat eliminator system already and have been waiting for the EVR, but not it looks like you can only buy it as part of a whole system.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete165 View Post
Can you buy the EVR to add it to an existing exhaust? I have their cat eliminator system already and have been waiting for the EVR, but not it looks like you can only buy it as part of a whole system.
Good question.

I was trying to find those images of the Graves EVR that an R1 Forum member had posted up but I guessed he used Photobucket, who changed their policy lately and the pics are no longer available. All I can find is the system for the MT-10 which, by all purposes, appears nearly identical. The exup valve looks to be on the link pipe side, with the stub pipe from the end can slipping into (onto?) it:

I would not be surprised in the least if Graves altered things just enough so that you cannot retrofit your existing muffler onto their valve-equipped EVR link pipe, or if they even make that link pipe available separately.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 10:27 AM
I don't want a large Farva

Garage
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:43 PM

I'm in the mood to buy the new EVR system, as well!

Is there any way to switch the logo from the gray scale to red and yellow? I saw an old post where you could buy the vinyl sticker, but the link doesnt appear to be working anymore.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipVR46 View Post
Is there any way to switch the logo from the gray scale to red and yellow? I saw an old post where you could buy the vinyl sticker, but the link doesnt appear to be working anymore.
Only thing I can think of is to get a custom-made vinyl sticker in the same size, and replace the stock logo on the can with it.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I was trying to find those images of the Graves EVR that an R1 Forum member had posted up but I guessed he used Photobucket, who changed their policy lately and the pics are no longer available. All I can find is the system for the MT-10 which, by all purposes, appears nearly identical. The exup valve looks to be on the link pipe side, with the stub pipe from the end can slipping into (onto?)
I think you were looking for harry76's photos:

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipVR46 View Post
I think you were looking for harry76's photos.
Cool, and there were also a couple of the exhaust installed on the bike. Canister was different too, more like the one on their standard de-cat system:

I don't like the ti shorty...

Don't know if the EVR is available with a mid-size 265mm all-carbon can (with a retail price of $1700 it damn well better be!). Going to try and contact Graves yet again for the low-down tomorrow. Doubt if there's a forum discount on this item lol.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:32 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Good question.

I was trying to find those images of the Graves EVR that an R1 Forum member had posted up but I guessed he used Photobucket, who changed their policy lately and the pics are no longer available. All I can find is the system for the MT-10 which, by all purposes, appears nearly identical. The exup valve looks to be on the link pipe side, with the stub pipe from the end can slipping into (onto?) it:

I would not be surprised in the least if Graves altered things just enough so that you cannot retrofit your existing muffler onto their valve-equipped EVR link pipe, or if they even make that link pipe available separately.
All you need is the EVR y pipe, the flash code, Graves map and you can use your existing graves tail pipe and silencer😁

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:35 AM

Graves has a 4th of July Sale going on (20% off)

Let us know what you find out! The EVR lineup is a game changer for me - I've never wanted a company to take my money so badly!!! Like you though, I want to see what other options will be available. This one just doesn't pull me in...which is weird, because I'm not known for making rational purchase decisions
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:35 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Cool, and there were also a couple of the exhaust installed on the bike. Canister was different too, more like the one on their standard de-cat system:

I don't like the ti shorty...

Don't know if the EVR is available with a mid-size 265mm all-carbon can (with a retail price of $1700 it damn well better be!). Going to try and contact Graves yet again for the low-down tomorrow. Doubt if there's a forum discount on this item lol.
I spoke with Shane you can custom order any silencer. Takes 5 working days to get it through the process and out the door

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I spoke with Shane you can custom order any silencer. Takes 5 working days to get it through the process and out the door

This is amazing news!!!! Is there a way to do this online, and take advantage of the current sale? Just add a purchase note?
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 10:28 AM
she said 'do I race'

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Unacceptable

Quote:
I spoke with Shane you can custom order any silencer. Takes 5 working days to get it through the process and out the door.
Shhh, don't let my wallet hear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode