Hello from philly! - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
New Member Introductions New Members stop and in a say Hi...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Hello from philly!

New on this forum but not forums in general. I just got a 06 r1 the guy said it had a stator/generator problem I fixed all that now I’m having problems when idling it shuts right off. If I’m not giving gas it dies... not really sure what’s going on. I read some forums on here saying it might be spark plugs, might be valve adjustment. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Just Me.

I would need more details and history about the bike to diagnose the problem. Has it been wrecked/crashed? Modifications? Electrical issues? Maintenence history? ECU tuning issues? Simple sensors and switches?

Always start with the basics. A/F/I...

"They say your word is everything, everything in whose eyes, guys confuse lies with the truth, the truth of true lies..."

- BAR
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Thanks straight success. Honestly I’m not sure whether it was wrecked and the electrical seems fine to me. I’m also not a mechanic It’s more of a hobby and i have always done my own work on my bikes. But what i do know is that when I turn the bike on it sounds fine for about 15 seconds then It will start to bog down and turn off in about 15 more seconds. But if I’m revving the engine it’s fine. It only goes off when idling. Thanks again for your help

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Just Me.

Well, I'm local if you need anything.

Reach out if you need something.

"They say your word is everything, everything in whose eyes, guys confuse lies with the truth, the truth of true lies..."

- BAR
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

What’s your number or email. Straight success
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode