My intro + accident + new beginnings - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
New Member Introductions New Members stop and in a say Hi...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

My intro + accident + new beginnings

Hey guys R1nzler here.

About myself:
Been riding since 2010. First owned a 2007 Yamah YZF600R, loved that bike. Did mods such as a R6 rear shock conversion with custom adapter, and -1/+2 for spiffyness. Had that for 4 years.

Purchased a 2003 Yamaha R1 in 2017. Got into an accident a couple months of owning it. I had taken a trip to PEI and on my last night there, an older gentleman pulled out infront of me. Caused me to highside over his van. My left ankle hit the top of his van and I went tumbling in the air. My gear was all banged up and I got some road rash on my hip.

Fast forward to today, I finally received a check from insurance and purchased another 2003 Yamaha R1. This time, I didn't fair well with the craigslist gods. Got the bike with 8k miles on it which is great, but was inspecting it after the purchase and realized the coolant was contaminated with oil. Could be many things, a pump failure, failed head gasket, or even cracked head. I'm a little discouraged from the purchase but we will get through it. Sucks that people will just do things to make a quick buck. Had I known beforehand, I would not have purchased the bike.

In terms of unrelated bike stuff, I'm also into cars! I drive a 2013 subaru brz supercharged. Its decked out with carbon fiber, and all a bunch of other goodies that I slapped on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode