Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Greetings from NC!

740 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Mastiff71 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Joey. I'm a seasoned veteran with about 36 years of riding experience. If it has 2 wheels, I've probably ridden it. Everything from dirt bikes to kickstart shovelheads and everything in between. My current bike is a 2015 R1 that I received in a trade for my 2018 MT-10. I look forward to learning from the veterans here and helping out wherever I can. Thanks for having along for the ride!

#8 ·
Howdy from Hickory. I have the '15 R1 myself. I don't ride much. Only 19000 miles in 3 1/2 years. I took her up to deal's gap. An R6 is a better size bike cos I couldn't get the R1 past 2nd gear. But there is a lot of great roads on this side of NC. Let me k ow if you're ever on this side.

#11 ·
Hi Nicholas! I'm really enjoying it. I haven't been able to ride her much because of all the rain here. I have been on a SuperSport in many years and in that time, I guess that ergonomics has gotten more fierce than ever! Lol. Although I have a suspicion that it's mostly just Yamaha. Haha. My MT-10 felt really similar to how the older SuperSports felt to me. My old bones will get used to it soon enough. It's all about conditioning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.