Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums - View Single Post - Headlights/Instrument Lights not working
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 05:29 PM
tmcj
I eat my R1

I had the exact same problem with my '08 last week. No headlights, high or low, and no blue back lights for the dash. The dash display all worked, and all marker lights, turn signals & brake lights were fine. I found the junction block in the harness and a burnt & corroded looking wire in it - red w/ a yellow stripe. Came on here before bypassing the block just in case of any other issues, and lo and behold it's yet another common issue with these bikes. I pulled the pins from the block and cleaned out as much of the melted plastic as possible, snipped the connectors, bypassed the block and reconnected with my own connectors. Ding, Ding, Ding!! Everything was back in order again.

And yes, it's right next to the little fuse box on the left side of the bike.

My headlights are 100% stock. I do have Watsen flushies and a Comp Werkes fender eliminator tag and signals, but they've both been on for a few years. What makes this pin overheat and melt the plastic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

South Central Pennsylvania Motorcycle Community

NESBA I #818

Last edited by tmcj; 05-15-2011 at 06:01 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome