Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums - View Single Post - Thermo fans come on, but temperature doesn't drop
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Mysteryman
I know more than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentySixRed View Post
Ah, you're in Australia. What you're describing is normal. The last few days here in Sydney it's been hot and humid. I've flashed my bike so the fans come on at 96, and turn off at 91. My bike still goes to 105-110, and stays there no matter what the fans do. It's only after I do some riding at 50+ for a few mins the temps come down. I think the fans are small, and only designed to stop the bike from overheating, not cool it down.
Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what mine does. I thought maybe the fans weren't working as well as they should since the battery doesn't seem to be 100% - I've had trouble starting the bike once or twice in the past few weeks. I've also read somewhere else of someone having a similar problem that was solved by getting a new battery...?

I'll try some new coolant this weekend and flush the radiator while I'm there. Could an air bubble cause the bike to have trouble cooling?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome