Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums - View Single Post - Clutching up wheelies / Engine Death
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:14 AM
cyclepsycho7
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipVR46 View Post
I've never had an issue clutching up a bike. The only thing that I can think of that may have caused engine problems is oil starvation - if you ride at 12 o clock for too long.

I spent most of my youth on one wheel. Never had to replace a clutch or an engine... plenty of fork seals though. People tend to panic when you ride up behind (or pass them) on 1 wheel... it can be hard to land softly when they're busy panic braking in front of you
When I was young (long time ago, LOL) I used to wheelie a lot. If you do it correctly you won't harm the clutch. Even on my old 1977 Kawi KZ-1000 I used to do 1/4 mile runs and major holeshots and never blew the clutch. Those bike had some strong clutches though. As I got older I've tended to use the bike for what it was designed for, going fast in the twisties and aggressive lean angles in the turns. Only wheelie once in a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lucky 13 Squadron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome