Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

New to R1 Forum

415 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BeechsRavenR1 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I’ve had an 05 R1 Raven for about 4 years now. Wanted to join my fellow community ? I also have a problem with what appears to be a trans fluid leak but down by the oil pan. Has anyone seen this before? I’ll get pictures later.

#5 ·
New to R1 Forum - coolant leak

So I’ve found that the coolant is leaking from the weep hole in the bottom of the motor right above the exhaust. Anyone know what the issue could be? I’ve done a little research and someone said that is the result of a bad water pump (pre 2006 problem with internal water pumps) and it will leak from that hole to prevent mixing with the oil..? Has anyone seen leaking from there or heard of this problem? Could it be something else?
Note: if this thread needs to be moved, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

#7 ·
?? damn that’s what I was afraid of. It did sit over winter (in a garage in Denver)... I guess the seal failed. Thanks for the link! Looks like I’m learning how to fix this now. I appreciate all of the help. Any more info or tips/tricks to change the water pump seal, let me know. Otherwise, I’ll probably create a step by step write up on it for others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.