MotoGP rider trash-talk thread - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
MotoGP Forum for the latest in MotoGP news an events.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 10:27 AM
I miss my R1

Marquez was super reckless the first season or so in GP, but he seems to have matured quite a bit, he'll still make a risky move to get past, but I think he errs on the side of caution now. Luckily he seems to crash himself out more than others.

Bautista is another rider who takes people out when he crashes (Rossi in Mugello a few years ago, first corner. Baz and Miller in Mugello this year) How does this guy still have a ride?

Simoncelli was an accident waiting to happen, and sadly, it did.

Iannone is just a matter of time unless he smartens up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 01:12 PM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
I like MM. Even before the handshake with Rossi last race.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Lorenzo #99

If Honda listened to their riders and not let the engineers change their bikes every year Marquez would have continued his steamrolling of records/championships from 2013/14 and I dare say would surpass Rossi's magic #9.
Mysteryman likes this.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 PM
I miss my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma72 View Post
If Honda listened to their riders and not let the engineers change their bikes every year Marquez would have continued his steamrolling of records/championships from 2013/14 and I dare say would surpass Rossi's magic #9.
IMO, Honda is suffering because of the change to spec ECU and software and the change to Michellins from Bridgestone, not because the engineers ruined the bike.

HRC has some of the best (if not THE best) engineers in all of MotoGP, the ECU they were using prior to last year was light years beyond the Magnetti Marelli ECU that they were forced to use.
BigSwole likes this.

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 03:21 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzombie View Post
IMO, Honda is suffering because of the change to spec ECU and software and the change to Michellins from Bridgestone, not because the engineers ruined the bike.

HRC has some of the best (if not THE best) engineers in all of MotoGP, the ECU they were using prior to last year was light years beyond the Magnetti Marelli ECU that they were forced to use.
bike development usually follows riders directions not only engineers new implementations.
In 2015 Honda suffered from the twist the development has undertaken when they started listening more from MM than from Dani. It made sense since MM was winning, but it appears he had not enough experience to drive the dev directions. So MM went back on some '14 parts during the season.

Now with 2016, as you said, things are just getting worse, particularly with traction because the Honda propriety electronics was way ahead or customized as what they have now.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Lorenzo #99

It made my day seeing poor Rossi trying to restart after crashing in the lead and the marshalls failing to help restart his m1. Also good to hear zero booing at the podium as Jackass is a deservedly new winner.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 PM
I miss my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma72 View Post
It made my day seeing poor Rossi trying to restart after crashing in the lead and the marshalls failing to help restart his m1. Also good to hear zero booing at the podium as Jackass is a deservedly new winner.
Yeah it's too bad he's not a loser who considered quitting because he wasn't doing well and was scared of crashing like your hero...

MotoGP News - MotoGP Assen: Lorenzo: I felt like quitting
We_R1 likes this.

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
I'm just so amazed at why people keep asking why we hate JL, why we think he's always copying Rossi, ect, ect.

Please people, do you not watch MotoGP interviews, press conferences, and so on???

It's not that the fact that we think he's copying Rossi, he has a horrible bratty rich boy arrogant personality. If it was anybody else like Petrucci who was copying Rossi, we wouldn't care one bit.

And if Viñales just so happens to be faster than Rossi on the M1, again, we would not care one bit.

Just because he is a championship winner doesn't not make him a great person.

I feel it's safe to assume that people that call us Rossi fanboys and don't know why we hate JL so much are people who either don't really watch MotoGP (only watch races), have a bad judge or character, or are arrogant cry babies themselves.

Just a rant from reading the comments about JL trying Mercedes F1.
"Don't really watch MotoGP (only watch races)

Watching the races is the whole point. That's the Show... The fastest men on the fastest bikes battling on the limit. The rest is all propaganda. Press conferences, sponsors, interviews, fan, or journalist, don't decide championships, races results do.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

Watching Rossi shit the bed yet again was priceless. The ol' goat is sure to extend his championship drought to 7 years after squiddin about in the rain.
Even the marshalls couldn't be bothered with Rossi... lol

All while Marquez, and Lorenzo extend their points lead.
Mysteryman likes this.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 08:06 PM
I miss my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K.1000r View Post
Watching Rossi shit the bed yet again was priceless. The ol' goat is sure to extend his championship drought to 7 years after squiddin about in the rain.
Even the marshalls couldn't be bothered with Rossi... lol

All while Marquez, and Lorenzo extend their points lead.
While I will agree Marquez played the tactical game, if there weren't 7 retirements, JL would have scored the same as Rossi... 0.

post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzombie View Post
While I will agree Marquez played the tactical game, if there weren't 7 retirements, JL would have scored the same as Rossi... 0.
True...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode