Should Radio communication be allowed between riders & crew in Motorcycle racing ? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
MotoGP Forum for the latest in MotoGP news an events.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkHorse
  • 1 Post By Halo_2
  • 1 Post By jcfz6r1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Should Radio communication be allowed between riders & crew in Motorcycle racing ?

We want to know what other people's take is on Radio Communication

between pit crews & the riders during Motorcycle racing ?

Should it be allowed or No ?

What's your opinion ?

>> MotoGP: Rossi calls for introduction of race radios | MCN <<

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Did you say R1?

Send a message via AIM to designflaw Send a message via Yahoo to designflaw
I can see both sides of the story. They could be good and bad. I think at the least, it should be tested and feedback should be taken from across the grid to see what the majority says.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 01:14 PM
I eat my R1

I watch a lot of different forms of racing so from my perspective, I think yes. It would be a fantastic idea. While I understand that not having it does make motorcycle more unique, having it may lead to better racing. Knowing that the rider is clear of someone to slide up or if they need to turn in harder because someone is gaining could make it overall better. Plus the added safety aspect. I can see where Marquez is saying it wouldn't be easy in the middle of a turn. But I'm fairly certain the crew would know to wait the 5 or 6 seconds until the rider is out of the turn before talking. If it was coming for a relatively young rider without much backing, I could see it being push aside, but since its Rossi bringing up the topic, it will probably gain some interest.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 03:53 PM
Crossed Up

Motorcycle racing takes focus like no other sport on the planet. For that reason alone I don't agree with radio interruptions. Err I mean contact..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 07:14 PM
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
I think it will make things interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post
Motorcycle racing takes focus like no other sport on the planet. For that reason alone I don't agree with radio interruptions. Err I mean contact..
They are professionals and can train with radios to be very proficient with communication while racing.

The use for radios will also introduce more jobs. Hell…I have a federal and state certification as a radio electrician and a degree in electronics engineering; I would apply for a job.
WestSide_'10R1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DarkHorse; 07-25-2016 at 07:17 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 AM
I miss my R1

I don't believe they should allow radios, one of the great things to MotoGP is that the team and the rider need to plan ahead, and trust in each other to get the job done properly. Of course Rossi wants "ship to shore" radios, since he and his team have gotten the sh*tty end of the stick the in both flag to flag races this season.

Of course, I would still watch if they went to radios, but I really think it would be less enjoyable to watch. MotoGP is not Formula 1, let's keep it that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Just happy to be here...

Garage
I actually LOVE the fact that no one can tell them..... "hey, so-and-so is about to slide in on the left...."

Should have had your line tighter I say LOL

I can't BELIEVE I agree with MM but he said it makes Motorcycle racing "unique" and I 150% agree.

I also can't believe I disagree with Rossi..... Your board is hard to read??? What did your visor fog up like Jlo? I think you're bringing this up because you didn't lose that race, you got BEAT by a better smarter racer... in this particular instance.

omg....... i feel for saying that........

@trash_panda_338 follow me on instagram

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 AM
STFU and ride!!

i think it would be a distraction
but if they do, i hope the teams can limit their chatter to key words and not conversations.
it will have good and bad.
crew "get your ass in here and change bikes"
racer "fawk U i got this"

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:49 AM
R1, art of engineering

All that Rossi needs to do is own up to his mistakes
Rossi - STFU. You messed up. Take it on the chin...
Goatse likes this.

Last edited by Halo_2; 07-26-2016 at 06:53 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 08:40 AM
I eat my R1

Agreed, I think no communication with the team makes it more exciting and unique.

Adding radios is just another distraction and something else to malfunction during a race.
iamzombie likes this.

R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 09:01 AM
Crossed Up

I also think Rossi should have waited a bit before whining about this. Pretty poor taste 'this' soon after the last round....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode