2018 MotoGP Season **Spoiler Alert** - Page 13 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
MotoGP Forum for the latest in MotoGP news an events.

533Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Venom X/O

Lorenzo blaming the bike

It can never be him, always mechanical. At least Rossi admits when he’s bad or having a bad day, doesn’t immediately blame the bike, the helmet, high tide, a cat crossing his path, a broken mirror, wind blowing the wrong direction
Jimmy boy likes this.

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R1-016 Venom Squadron
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K.1000r View Post
Hell, Marquez doesn't care if he's on the best bike, or an inferior bike all he does is win regardless of the bike level
Easy to say when you've only ridden for HRC factory......or when you're a simple fanboy who mixes/matches stats and factoids as he sees fit to prop up his predetermined conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37
Frank and I are Bag of Dicks twins!

post #243 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Lorenzo blaming the bike

It can never be him, always mechanical. At least Rossi admits when he’s bad or having a bad day, doesn’t immediately blame the bike, the helmet, high tide, a cat crossing his path, a broken mirror, wind blowing the wrong direction
I did enjoy his quote, "I was losing the front lever, and I was trying to brake less because I thought the front brake was overheating. Then when I was feeling better and better and going faster than the rider leading the race, trying to catch Iannone, at Turn 4 I lost the brakes.”

I clearly had the pace to win, had the brakes not failed me.

So I threw it in the kitty litter, out of disgust.

I spit on you Italians.

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.

post #244 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 07:00 PM
I eat my R1

Great race for sure, awesome to see so many actual real contenders in there.

I just wish they could sort out the shitty commentary now that Nick Harris and Dylan are gone...

But seriously, freakin awesome race, I wish there was about 5 more laps and MV would have been right in there.

R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron
post #245 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:17 PM
I know more than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
Wrong. Honda have had the best bike in the paddock for years.
Ah, no. It's been acknowledged by the riders and journalists as being the hardest bike to ride for a while now, which is why nobody other than Marquez (who 'overrides' the bike) has had very good results on it. Crutchlow has ridden all 3 big factory bikes and confirmed numerous times that the Honda is the hardest to ride. In addition to being hard to ride, it was noticeably down on power during 2015/16 and struggled with rear grip issues. The M1, on the other hand, is considered the easiest to ride. The Honda looks like the best bike because of Marquez's ability.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...-again-in-2016
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...ult--crutchlow

Quote:
In many ways the M1 is still being pulled back from Jorge development to the current riders as Rossi was gone for 2 years and the whole bike was developed around Lorenzo and his unique riding style.
Hang on, you guys have been saying for years that Lorenzo's championships and the success of the M1 were the results of Rossi's development work on the M1. Now you're changing your tune and saying that in Rossi's absence with Ducati, the M1 was developed solely around Lorenzo's riding style. Which is it? It can't be both. If the bike was developed solely around Lorenzo's 'unique' riding style and didn't suit anyone else, why was Rossi able to come 2nd two years in a row with it? Why would that need to be "pulled back" from such successful development work to produce a shittier bike? I think you're just changing the claims to suit the narrative.
P.K.1000r likes this.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 03-19-2018 at 08:48 PM.
post #246 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 08:20 PM
I know more than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Lorenzo blaming the bike

What do you want him to say? The team confirmed there was a brake pad missing from the front calliper.
post #247 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Ah, no. It's been acknowledged by the riders and journalists as being the hardest bike to ride for a while now, which is why nobody other than Marquez (who 'overrides' the bike) has had very good results on it. The Honda looks like the best bike because of Marquez's ability.
Pedrosa must be a f*ckin miracle worker then, what with his 2 wins and 9 podiums on it last year...

post #248 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Pedrosa must be a f*ckin miracle worker then, what with his 2 wins and 9 podiums on it last year...

Are you brand new? Pedrosa is one of the top winning riders in GP history. He is one of the original 4 aliens of motogp and would probably be a 2 time motogp world champion if it weren't for rotten luck and circumstances beyond his control. Read up! It's well known Pedrosa has been hurt the most by Michelins choice of tire development because of his size it's become difficult for him to get heat into his tires and provide optimum grip. When weather condition permit he moves straight to the front.

Last edited by P.K.1000r; 03-19-2018 at 11:23 PM.
post #249 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Ah, no. It's been acknowledged by the riders and journalists as being the hardest bike to ride for a while now, which is why nobody other than Marquez (who 'overrides' the bike) has had very good results on it. Crutchlow has ridden all 3 big factory bikes and confirmed numerous times that the Honda is the hardest to ride. In addition to being hard to ride, it was noticeably down on power during 2015/16 and struggled with rear grip issues. The M1, on the other hand, is considered the easiest to ride. The Honda looks like the best bike because of Marquez's ability.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...-again-in-2016
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...ult--crutchlow

Hang on, you guys have been saying for years that Lorenzo's championships and the success of the M1 were the results of Rossi's development work on the M1. Now you're changing your tune and saying that in Rossi's absence with Ducati, the M1 was developed solely around Lorenzo's riding style. Which is it? It can't be both. If the bike was developed solely around Lorenzo's 'unique' riding style and didn't suit anyone else, why was Rossi able to come 2nd two years in a row with it? Why would that need to be "pulled back" from such successful development work to produce a shittier bike? I think you're just changing the claims to suit the narrative.
post #250 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wrong. Honda have had the best bike in the paddock for years. Much like the Duck, just needs some hamfisting to get everything out of it. For a few years, HRC was even better on the brakes going into the corner, an area where Yamaha used to dominate when Rossi was in charge of development. In many ways the M1 is still being pulled back from Jorge development to the current riders as Rossi was gone for 2 years and the whole bike was developed around Lorenzo and his unique riding style. That's why Yamaha factory struggled last year. They made changes to get the M1 away from Lorenzo's development but issues remained last year. And better this year, but the M1 is not on par with the GP18 or RCV yet.

Zarco is on the 2016 frame, with the 2017 engine. Rossi requested to revert back to the 2016 chassis at the beginning of last season and Yamaha told him no, work on the 2017 chassis instead. Zarco has no development duties whatsoever, so he and Tech 3 don't have to test parts or develop the bike. They just work on setup. Meanwhile, in 2017 or thus far in 2018 Vinales and Rossi have to knuckle drag through development, test parts, chassis changes, part changes, etc. Totally different game. Zarco is solid, just puts his head down and gets on with it. But let's be real here, development is a slug, especially when the bike isn't performing on par with the competitors.

Rossi finished less than a second from Dovi and Marquez yesterday. This is while the bike still has some noteworthy development issues. Nobody is calling Vale a hero, but that's a good ride by everyone in the press, paddock, etc, except for you clown. .7 from the winner while the bike clearly has issues with tire wear over race distance. And that "old man" was the #1 Yamaha rider in the race. Better than Vinales, better than Zarco.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/03/19/...m-not-old.html

Valentino Rossi got a trophy yesterday, no other Yamaha rider did. You can keep on crying and whining over him, nobody here is listening so you're talking to a wall and talking about a racer, the oldest in the field, who was on the podium of the very first race, finished .7 from the winner, with major issues in pre-season winter testing. That's a good finish all things considering so you crying about it just shows your narrow view. Vinales blew the start. Zarco didn't manage his tires correctly yet you cry, again, about Valentino Rossi. Well read that quote above that I posted. Vale doesn't care about you. He's got his contract and is delivering.
The old fart's been promising, but hasn't DELIVERED in almost a decade...
post #251 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:53 PM
I know more than you.

Quote:

He's been riding the Honda for over a decade, and the last time he did better than 4th place in the championship was 5 years ago. That's not evidence of it being "best bike in the paddock for years". The days of the Honda clearly being the best were quite a few years ago. But hey, you think you know better than Crutchlow. How many of the GP bikes have you ridden?

Last edited by Mysteryman; 03-19-2018 at 11:57 PM.
post #252 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
Banky likes this.

post #253 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:53 AM
I miss my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfz6r1 View Post
Great race for sure, awesome to see so many actual real contenders in there.

I just wish they could sort out the shitty commentary now that Nick Harris and Dylan are gone...

But seriously, freakin awesome race, I wish there was about 5 more laps and MV would have been right in there.
Steve and Matt do an OK job, but Simon Crafar really needs to get more comfortable with what he's doing. He does provide some decent input, being a former 500 GP winner, but he absolutely sucks at interviews within pit lane.

post #254 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:19 AM
Venom X/O

Quote:
What do you want him to say? The team confirmed there was a brake pad missing from the front calliper.
Ducati never confirmed the bike left the paddock with a missing brake pad
iamzombie and APO2112 like this.

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squadron

post #255 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:00 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Easy to say when you've only ridden for HRC factory......or when you're a simple fanboy who mixes/matches stats and factoids as he sees fit to prop up his predetermined conclusions.

Or has unbelievable talent and can save a sliding bike with the front wheel almost 90' to the rear in the rain! Yep, I'm pretty sure he's the real deal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Mysteryman likes this.
post #256 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:09 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy boy View Post
Or has unbelievable talent and can save a sliding bike with the front wheel almost 90' to the rear in the rain! Yep, I'm pretty sure he's the real deal.

No doubt he's also the man, but let's see him jump on another bike and show equal results.

Quote:

post #257 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
No doubt he's also the man, but let's see him jump on another bike and show equal results.

I think if he had to it wouldn't be a problem. Marc could probably ride a tricycle and win.In fact if Honda didn't try to control Rossi, he might still be with them as well.

P.K.1000r and Mysteryman like this.
post #258 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
But hey, you think you know better than Crutchlow. How many of the GP bikes have you ridden?
What bike HASN'T been hard for Crutchlow to ride? He hasn't met a bike, yet, that he can't toss into the gravel inside of 5 laps for one reason or another. Seriously....using Crutchlow as an objective data point.....lol. Good try, though.

Quote:

post #259 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:16 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy boy View Post
I think if he had to it wouldn't be a problem. Marc could probably ride a tricycle and win.In fact if Honda didn't try to control Rossi, he might still be with them as well.

So, Lorenzo jumps to Ducati and his avg finish tanks for going on two years, but you think Marquez would have gone straight to winning, and it "wouldn't be a problem"?

Quote:

post #260 of 804 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K.1000r View Post
Are you brand new? Pedrosa is one of the top winning riders in GP history. He is one of the original 4 aliens of motogp and would probably be a 2 time motogp world champion if it weren't for rotten luck and circumstances beyond his control. Read up! It's well known Pedrosa has been hurt the most by Michelins choice of tire development because of his size it's become difficult for him to get heat into his tires and provide optimum grip. When weather condition permit he moves straight to the front.
Agreed. Would be nice to see him win a championship before he's done, just doesn't look like luck and timing have been on his side. To the previous point, and only conjecture (like most of this thread...) but am curious what his results may have been on another manufacturer.

Quote:
He's been riding the Honda for over a decade, and the last time he did better than 4th place in the championship was 5 years ago. That's not evidence of it being "best bike in the paddock for years". The days of the Honda clearly being the best were quite a few years ago. But hey, you think you know better than Crutchlow. How many of the GP bikes have you ridden?
At least as many as everyone that has voiced an opinion thus far. And Crutchlow has a lousy singing voice.

Just sayin...
iamzombie likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode