2019 MotoGP Season **Spoiler Alert** - Page 13 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
MotoGP Forum for the latest in MotoGP news an events.

138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRaven05 View Post
He had a Ducati, and what did he do with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRXSa5kaMQ

He crashed it and went to the podium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom

Garage
Well, MM will be the best in MotoGP history as far as raw talent.

He’s fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #243 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:25 PM
An R1 kinda day!

Garage
No doubt MM is fast, talented, and any other adjectives you want to throw in there. But someone always comes along and moves the needle. He is just the latest.
iamzombie and MagnusR like this.

"Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!" ...(Buttafewcoe)

post #244 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Well, MM will be the best in MotoGP history as far as raw talent.

He’s fast.
It doesn't mean I like it...

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #245 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Take the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttafewcoe View Post
No doubt MM is fast, talented, and any other adjectives you want to throw in there. But someone always comes along and moves the needle. He is just the latest.
Rossi left HRC or it would have been similar. Marc isn't going anywhere and HRC has been numero uno for 25+ years. They outspend every other mfr. by a nice margin. If Marc stays then all records will be decimated.

El Diablo could be the first young en to take it to Marc but Yamaha will have to make a bike competitive with HRC in most every area. Something they haven't been able to do in 4 years now.

And yeah Kmac, unless something changes, beating HRC and Marc both, best of luck in 2020, 2021, etc.
iamzombie likes this.

89/115
post #246 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:46 AM
The Poe Poe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Well, MM ON THE HONDA will be the best in MotoGP history as far as raw talent AND BEING ON THE BEST BIKE.

He AND HONDA ARE fast.

I Fixed it for you!! ^^^^

Job, Age, and Injuries forced track days to be a thing of the past
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 FJR 1300
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S Silver/Black, PDK (600 WHP)
2016 RAM 4x4 MegaCab Laramie Sport in Silver
2006 Ram 4x4 (1053 WHP) [email protected] MPH at 7100 lbs. (Sold)

My vids

post #247 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Looks like it will be MM battling Ducati this year. Too bad for Yamaha. Looks like they're missing power and...

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #248 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:56 AM
The Poe Poe!

8-9 MPH difference on the straights there for Yamaha....No way they'll win with that. Hence Rossi overriding the bike and crashing.

So happy for DP!!!

2004 FJR 1300

My vids

post #249 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:16 AM
Take the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Looks like it will be MM battling Ducati this year. Too bad for Yamaha. Looks like they're missing power and...
Lower gear corners where they need the torque, top speed, and acceleration. They are pretty much fukt. Put a fork in 2019 for the factory Yamaha effort. I’m tired of hearing about Petronas too. G damn announcers start festering during practice. We get it, both Petronas riders are qualifying very well. But when the lights go out, they find a way to screw the pooch every race. Yamaha is just unbelievable. They’ve had years to fix this and still aren’t getting it done. In the end they will have wasted the last 5 years of Rossi’s career. Pretty sad.

It was insult to injury....Maverick was asked about getting a tow down the straight to make the lap time in practice/QP. He actually said the bike isn’t fast enough to get near a Honda or Ducati to get a tow. Yamaha need to think about making a pneumatic valved V4. They have taken the cross plane as far as they can. 2 heads produce more power. Suzuki will run into this wall soon enough as well. Even though KTM is in the rear, they get it. Rinzler was in the hunt but just like Rossi in LeMans, couldn’t get anywhere near the front 3 to pose a threat. The Suzuki is making more power than the Yamaha but not enough to go toe to toe with the Honda or Ducati.

Good on Gigi, Danilo, and Andrea. Danilo really gave praise to Andrea in the post race press conference. It was a welcomed change in there. One rider thanking his teammate. And he must have apologized 3-4 times for costing Dovi 5 points today. The factory Ducati riders confirmed it today. The Honda is now just as much a missile as the Ducati.
BigSwole and iamzombie like this.

89/115
post #250 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:52 PM
The Poe Poe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
In the end they will have wasted the last 5 years of Rossi’s career. Pretty sad.

This is the biggest take away. He may never stop MM from taking over his records, but with a better bike, he could have at least extended his a bit longer.

2004 FJR 1300

My vids

post #251 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Speed Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwole View Post
This is the biggest take away. He may never stop MM from taking over his records, but with a better bike, he could have at least extended his a bit longer.

One of the harder parts about getting old is watching your idols start to get old too. Michael Jordan, Fedor Emelianenko, and Anderson Silva all made me feel a little nostalgic when their careers started to wane. Now Rossi. I could be that the NBA game, fight day or race day couldn't get here fast eonugh. Now, while I like the racing, especially this past week end, watching your hero struggling sucks. Granted, I think with a good bike Rossi would be more competitive but that is just one thing we'll never know for sure. I hate to say it but another 2 or 3 years of the Doctor and he'll be out I think.
BigSwole likes this.

2006 GSXR600 sold, 2006 R1 sold, 2008 Busa traded 2008 ZX14 totalled.
post #252 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:47 AM
I miss my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by select20 View Post
One of the harder parts about getting old is watching your idols start to get old too. Michael Jordan, Fedor Emelianenko, and Anderson Silva all made me feel a little nostalgic when their careers started to wane. Now Rossi. I could be that the NBA game, fight day or race day couldn't get here fast eonugh. Now, while I like the racing, especially this past week end, watching your hero struggling sucks. Granted, I think with a good bike Rossi would be more competitive but that is just one thing we'll never know for sure. I hate to say it but another 2 or 3 years of the Doctor and he'll be out I think.
Unless Yamaha brings something special to the paddock for next year (likely a pneumatic valved V4 as per drjak's suggestion), I can't imagine Rossi continuing beyond 2020, personally.
select20 likes this.

post #253 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:24 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
He should have been in Q2, he had the speed on his first run. He and Rins only have themselves to blame for missing their 2nd runs.

I actually felt sorry for Rossi after the race. Mugello and you crash when running last.
select20 likes this.
post #254 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:13 PM
I miss my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_R1 View Post
He should have been in Q2, he had the speed on his first run. He and Rins only have themselves to blame for missing their 2nd runs.

I actually felt sorry for Rossi after the race. Mugello and you crash when running last.
Beats his result in 2010... At least he's not injured from his fall this time.
select20 likes this.

post #255 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Take the red pill

Quote:
Well Rossi is Rossi. Even at 40, give him a competitive bike and he'll compete for the championship. Look at how many years he finished 2nd to Marquez. Marquez on a Repsol Honda (Always the best bike in the paddock imo). Yamaha haven't held the "best bike" title since Rossi's 2nd year with Yamaha in 2005. Rossi still has it. Give him a powerful enough bike that handles, and he's picky on the front end being super stable for his riding style, and he'll go toe to toe with Marquez or anyone else and challenge for the championship. MotoGP in 2019 is hyper competitive. Competition so stiff I don't care who you are, if your bike doesn't have the minerals podiums are all you are going to get barring rain. And you'll have to override the bike to get on the podium. Control tires, spec ecu and software. The ECU and software completely leveling the field so you need a spectacular chassis and a monster of a motor.

Jordan, with the Bulls never faltered. He was 35 years old when he won his last NBA championship. I remember that year, where Iverson crossed him up, and got him. ESPN, etc, made a big old deal about it and I laughed. Jordan was 35, Iverson was like 21 or something. 14 year discrepancy and it was one play. Jordan was still the best player in the league at 35.

When he joined the Wizards and decided to play, it was only an effort to get in the owners box. During that run he was still one of the ten best players in the league. Probably #10 to be fair. Still had 50 point games and his last season
he averaged 20.0 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 1.5 steals in 37.0 minutes per game. Pretty phenomenal.

Basketball isn't motorcycle racing. Motorcycle racing is all between the ears. You must be lean (Rossi has always been painfully lean on purpose since he is taller than most riders) and fit, but it's mostly between the ears. The desire has to be there to win and he has it. He still has it, but he is running out of time. Now is when he could win the title but not without a bike capable. Even at 40 years old, he is still the first Yamaha in the championship standings. His teammate is 16 years younger than him, and is 32 points behind him in the championship.
BigSwole likes this.

89/115
post #256 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:18 PM
The Poe Poe!

100% Agree ^^^

2004 FJR 1300

My vids

post #257 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 AM
I eat my R1

Let's not blame the bike please, although Yamaha has struggled in the spec ECU / Michelin era. Lorenzo has won 3 championships since 2009 on the M1 after all.

I'm not putting Rossi down - he has done his absolute best this year. I do wonder what is wrong with the factory team though.
post #258 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:44 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Let's not blame the bike please, although Yamaha has struggled in the spec ECU / Michelin era. Lorenzo has won 3 championships since 2009 on the M1 after all.

I'm not putting Rossi down - he has done his absolute best this year. I do wonder what is wrong with the factory team though.

That was also an M1 that was Rossi-developed. Once development focused on Lorenzo, where has the bike gone? Likewise, Yamaha.....for inexplicable reasons..... has doubled down on their misery by hanging their hat on everything Vinales says. Result? Well, that seems obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37
Frank and I are Bag of Dicks twins!

post #259 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 AM
The Poe Poe!

Quote:
Let's not blame the bike please, .

There's NO way to argue against the fact that the Yamaha is as many as 8-9 MPH slower on some straights than the others. That's HUGE power differences.

Give that same power to the Yamaha (as long as all the other "positives" stay in tact for that bike), then we have a new game.

2004 FJR 1300

My vids

post #260 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 AM
I miss my R1

Quote:

And how many of those did he win since the unified ECU rule was put into effect?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode