2019 MotoGP Season **Spoiler Alert** - Page 3 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
MotoGP Forum for the latest in MotoGP news an events.

138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 08:22 AM
I miss my R1

Guess the commentators weren't wrong since I think the top 5 are under Lorenzo's record

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Just Me.

Yo, WTF was up with Morbidelli highsiding right out of the pit? Then he just stood in the middle of the track looking confused.

@1:38

"They say your word is everything, everything in whose eyes, guys confuse lies with the truth, the truth of true lies..."

- BAR
post #43 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 02:45 AM
I miss my R1

Cold tire and too much right wrist, or wrong engine mapping, if I had to guess.

As for standing there? shock or light concussion, hard to say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
ďRhinestone CowboyĒ MF Doom

Garage
I ďthinkĒ Iím more excited about DP on the factory Ducati more than any other rider.
BigSwole likes this.

post #45 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM
wanna B on the Track

Send a message via AIM to castrolr1
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
I “think” I’m more excited about DP on the factory Ducati more than any other rider.
I'm looking forward to Bagnaia

"I can't wait till I'm old enough to feel ways about things" (Phillip J. Fry)
post #46 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:21 PM
The Poe Poe!

I'm looking forward to ANYBODY but Marquez!!
castrolr1 likes this.

Job, Age, and Injuries forced track days to be a thing of the past

2004 FJR 1300
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S Silver/Black, PDK (600 WHP)
2016 RAM 4x4 MegaCab Laramie Sport in Silver
2006 Ram 4x4 (1053 WHP) [email protected] MPH at 7100 lbs. (Sold)

My vids

post #47 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:46 PM
wanna B on the Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwole View Post
I'm looking forward to ANYBODY but Marquez!!
I expected no less !! Hahaha
BigSwole likes this.

post #48 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Just Me.

He's talented. Can't nobody take that away from the guy. I'm wondering if they said the same thing about Rossi, Agostini, and Doohan during their winning streaks among countless others.

It's Marquez's turn. Do I agree? Well, I don't think I have a choice here, do I? It's talent.

"They say your word is everything, everything in whose eyes, guys confuse lies with the truth, the truth of true lies..."

- BAR
post #49 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Take the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSuccess View Post
He's talented. Can't nobody take that away from the guy. I'm wondering if they said the same thing about Rossi, Agostini, and Doohan during their winning streaks among countless others.

It's Marquez's turn. Do I agree? Well, I don't think I have a choice here, do I? It's talent.
Yes they said the same about Rossi and Ago during their runs, as well as Mick. Lots of people whining. People hated Mick, hated Rossi etc. Itís like the Patriots and TB12 now. I always look at where Tom and Julian were drafted and say how can you not like these guys? The very definition of underdogs. They won the SB again this year with a bunch of no names yet everyone is hating.

You should have been around when Rossi started winning on the NSR then the 211v. It was ďhe grew up on those tracks so it isnít fairĒ then it was ďHeís got special tiresĒ never mind that all factory riders got custom tires for their riding style from Michelin. Then it was ďHeís got the best crew chiefĒ no fair! All that chit stopped when he went to Yamaha. Everyone was saying heíd be lucky to win a race then he won his last race on the 211v with Honda and the first race with Yamaha on the M1, then he dominated and won the 2004 championship on an inferior bike. The 211v remains the best GP bike I have ever seen.

Now itís Marc. Heíll hear the same crap until he has the balls to switch manus. For I donít know 30 years or more, Honda is the best. They spend the most, by far, and have always had the most talented engineers. Ducati is only competitive because of Gigi (genius) but more so when Audi group bought them, big $ became available. And thatís why they are doing so well, money. Gigi has the resources to keep throwing everything at the bike but the kitchen sink. Yamaha hasnít wanted to spend the money which is why they have failed in recent years. It certainly isnít due to their riders. Marc being such a special talent, plus Repsol, is one of the most formidable pairings in GP history (1949). I mean if Rossi never left Repsol heíd have at least 2-3 more championships under his belt.

And then there is KTM. The KTM boss hates Honda with a passion. They are spending Honda like money because they just donít care. They are Austrian, and have an Austrian sponsor (KTM) with massive pockets to keep throwing cash at the KTM until itís competitive. Their problem is too many parts to test so they are losing their way by overdoing it.

Iím hoping Bags speed is the real deal and not just a testing thing. He didnít even go down once during the 3 day test. Iím always rooting for VR but it may take someone younger than Marc with balls to take him down. And Bags is from the VR academy so have to root for him as well as Franco. I loathe the Spanish riders and think almost all of them are pricks so I at least want someone to take it to Marc with gusto and push the guy into failure. Heís gotten away with his riding style mostly so far but one day itís going to bite him hard. He just hasnít been pressured into a massive highside yet because heís mostly got everyoneís number and can save a crash better than anyone in history. But Iíve met him like most every GP rider and heís a prick. Man do I miss Super Sic.
BigSwole likes this.

89/115
post #50 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:30 PM
Just Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
Iím hoping Bags speed is the real deal and not just a testing thing. He didnít even go down once during the 3 day test. Iím always rooting for VR but it may take someone younger than Marc with balls to take him down. And Bags is from the VR academy so have to root for him as well as Franco. I loathe the Spanish riders and think almost all of them are pricks so I at least want someone to take it to Marc with gusto and push the guy into failure. Heís gotten away with his riding style mostly so far but one day itís going to bite him hard. He just hasnít been pressured into a massive highside yet because heís mostly got everyoneís number and can save a crash better than anyone in history. But Iíve met him like most every GP rider and heís a prick. Man do I miss Super Sic.
A few things this upcomming season is on my mind. I am looking to see what Bagnaia, Quartararo, and Morbidelli will do. Although I've never riden anything remotely close to a full factory or satellite bike, I'm sure Moto2 is a lot less rambunctious/exuberant than MotoGP.

An actual race is different than practice (as you know), but then again, these are professionals. Time will tell. Bagnaia is on one of the fast bikes on the grid, so that may have helped. Granted, that doesn't take away from the kid's talent - any of them for that matter.

Obviously there's a lot of talent out there. It's MotoGP - the upper echelon, or better yet, the highest sanctioned body of motorcycle racing there is. This season will be determined by man vs. machine and everything in between not forgetting about talent and experience.

- BAR
post #51 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:39 PM
I eat my R1

"Man do I miss Super Sic"
same, he was a very charismatic personality
after watching MM this last couple seasons Marco doesn't seem so "aggressive" anymore
BrnEyzR1 likes this.
post #52 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:33 PM
:-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DBYkT-rXoAExr96.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	995793  
castrolr1, BigSwole, drjak and 2 others like this.

"The reason I do it is because if you do it wrong, it will kill you. If you think it's too dangerous then go home and cut your lawn and leave us to it"

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
post #53 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:51 PM
Take the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilson View Post
"Man do I miss Super Sic"
same, he was a very charismatic personality
after watching MM this last couple seasons Marco doesn't seem so "aggressive" anymore
I think about him often. One of his pics remains a phone screen saver since 2011 when he passed. I had only met him a couple of months before he passed. I watched the race live and saw his body lifeless on the track. Itís an image I can never get our my head. He was a fíin beast. He called Lorenzo and Stoner pussies, and referred to them as girls. He just rode like a Lion, his riding style. G damn Honda TC killed him to. The TC kicked in while the bike was low sliding and he was going down and took him into the racing line. No TC and he is still riding to this day.
emilson likes this.

89/115
post #54 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:49 PM
I eat my R1

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/91...pBS9-9ltoGH74Y

one of many many article about a fact that should make me (us) reflect about aging.
F..k age if you're a believer
BigSwole and BrnEyzR1 like this.
post #55 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:48 PM
The Poe Poe!

Getting old Sux!!

So glad to see that at 40 VR is still at it.
castrolr1, BrnEyzR1 and drjak like this.

Job, Age, and Injuries forced track days to be a thing of the past

2004 FJR 1300
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S Silver/Black, PDK (600 WHP)
2016 RAM 4x4 MegaCab Laramie Sport in Silver
2006 Ram 4x4 (1053 WHP) [email protected] MPH at 7100 lbs. (Sold)

My vids

post #56 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwole View Post
Getting old Sux!!

So glad to see that at 40 VR is still at it.
Moto GP is going to miss Rossi when he retires.

Just over 2 weeks until first race!
BigSwole and StraightSuccess like this.

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #57 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Just Me.

Marquez will become the new Rossi when The Doctor retires.

Change - some will like it, and some will hate it. I'm on the side of Rossi built a decent career and is a living legend. He'll always be one of those people many are inspired by - we all wanna ride like Rossi!
BigSwole likes this.

- BAR
post #58 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSuccess View Post
I'm on the side of Rossi built a decent career ....

a "decent" career? . . . . lol .....smh
BigSwole likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37
Frank and I are Bag of Dicks twins!

post #59 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 11:47 AM
wanna B on the Track

https://www.crash.net/motogp/results...saturday-final

post #60 of 294 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:11 AM
Just Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
a "decent" career? . . . . lol .....smh
Fill it in with whatever adjective you want. The man is one of the best to ever do it!

- BAR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode