Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
R1
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an aftermarket 3/4 exhaust for my 2019. I keep hearing about getting ECU tuned after replacing stock exhaust with aftermarkets. Do we really need to get ECU flashed? I’m happy if it delivers the power and speed as much as we get with a stock exhaust. So do i need ecu flashed and also are there any other cons by replacing stock exhaust.
I might get an Austin gp1/r, what are your thoughts on it? I also like the look and sound of sc project and leo vince. I heard about the greatness of graves, arrow and acropovic but somehow their looks are not appealing! Please your suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Akrapovic exhaust, decat pipe. Get it flashed. And power commander. There’s a great difference. The sound is spectacular to. You’ll notice when people try to keep up or try to get away.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,162 Posts
Got "buzzword" notified...mpg

Here it comes....the wasted time reading reply post...

This aint no prius. Get a kawasuki 250 for mpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
R1
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got "buzzword" notified...mpg

Here it comes....the wasted time reading reply post...

This aint no prius. Get a kawasuki 250 for mpg

Well If you think reading and replying is wasting your time then you shouldn't be here on this forum wasting your time where people can ask doubts of any extent... and no one has forced you to read and reply to my post.

·
Venom X/O
24,203 Posts
This bike isn’t made for MPG’s. It’s a road racing bike.
Why do people give a sh!t I don’t get it. If you are worried about MPH 2muchblue is right, get a R3 or something. This is like getting a Lamborghini and complaining it gets 8mpg. It’s not made for mpgs, it’s made to go fast. Any argument about mpgs is stupid. I think someone else talked about this with me a few years ago, and their goal was to see what mpg they could get... still stupid.

If you’re worried about anything fuel consumption related, don’t buy a liter bike

·
Registered
R1
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This bike isn’t made for MPG’s. It’s a road racing bike.
Why do people give a sh!t I don’t get it. If you are worried about MPH 2muchblue is right, get a R3 or something. This is like getting a Lamborghini and complaining it gets 8mpg. It’s not made for mpgs, it’s made to go fast. Any argument about mpgs is stupid. I think someone else talked about this with me a few years ago, and their goal was to see what mpg they could get... still stupid.

If you’re worried about anything fuel consumption related, don’t buy a liter bike
May be for most of us R1 is a track bike but for some like me ride it for commute aswell. I wouldn’t be worried if the mpg reduces by few numbers but say it drastically reduces the mpg to 15-20/gallon then wouldn't you be worried??

Had i already know the answer iwouldn’t be here asking you experts

·
Venom X/O
24,203 Posts
May be for most of us R1 is a track bike but for some like me ride it for commute aswell. I wouldn’t be worried if the mpg reduces by few numbers but say it drastically reduces the mpg to 15-20/gallon then wouldn't you be worried??

Had i already know the answer iwouldn’t be here asking you experts
I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not a commuting motorcycle. If I was commuting, I wouldn’t buy an R1 as my primary source of travel. I’d buy a responsible bike like an FZ6 and wait to buy my R1

but that’s me

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
227 Posts
It is not that drastic of a mpg reduction from the flash and the added fuel helps keep the engine a little cooler, cuz she can get hot. She will also be a lot smoother and you can work out that dead spot around 5000-6500 RPMs. If you are a tinker then the Flashtune is the way to go because you can customize the feel of your throttle response precisely how you want your bike to feel. It is really the cats meow. Then in the future you can add the autotune and she will self tune based on how you ride. If you keep her at 65, you should be able to get 38+ mpg...meaning ride her like a R3 and your MPGs will go up. Most of us dont have the ability or common sense to ride for MPG :p.

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
227 Posts
The word "desire" is a way better word then the one I wrote (ability).

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,162 Posts
Well If you think reading and replying is wasting your time then you shouldn't be here on this forum wasting your time where people can ask doubts of any extent... and no one has forced you to read and reply to my post.
This has come up before.
An R1 for commuting is not about mpg.
I commute n track mine.
It costs me about 13bux here in ca to fill up the tank when it needs it.
My car cost 60 to 70 depending on prices.

I fill up my bike twice a week and my car every 2 weeks. Its savings...not mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts