Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Parked Motorcycle Syndrome :(
43 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
Were did you get those light and did you make your own licence plate stand.
It's a Competition Werkes kit. I have it too. I'm not too impressed with it. The bracket is fine. As are the rear turn signals (though they're just a standard $15 Lockhart Phillips part. The front flushmounts really suck. They come with this foam mounting tape that doesn't stick very well.

My real complaint is that for the price, it's REALLY not worth it. I'm not gonna send it back or anything, but it was a little costly for what it is.

· All Needles to Danger !!!
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree the price is heavy but it is the nicest one out there in my opinion ! You must get the short stalk lights for the front they fit like they were made for the bike !! Much better than those flush mounts ! I will take a close up of the front SS lights and post

· Evil Inside
147 Posts
The kit is to much money but it looks great on the bike. Installed mine last week. I haven't replaced the front lights yet. Not sure if I will or not. Fit and finish are excellent. You take the license plate light out of the old fender and reuse it with the CW kit. Just need my exhaust and I am all set.

· Evil Inside
147 Posts
You have to drill two small (1/4 inch) holes to route the turn signal lights and then drill a small whole through the inner storage compartment for the license light. The hole for the light is already present when you remove the stock fender.

Really easy to do but took some courage drilling holes into a brand new bike :)

Note: Supplied instructions are TERRIBLE!

316 Posts
I also ordered the CW kit but I got the flush mounts for the rear and short stalks for the fronts. I had to get the flush mounts because of my extreme mount Black Widow exhaust. Overall, I'm quite happy with it, especially with the short stalks (they do look like they were designed for the R1). They are way over priced, but I think it was worth it since I don't have the right equipment to make my own, nor the time.

Here's how mine looks like...

Attachments

· Parked Motorcycle Syndrome :(
43 Posts
Hmmmm...maybe I'll have to pick up a set of the short-stalks for the front. They're just a standard Lockhart part, so they should be easy to get. Performance Cycle near here might even have them already.

316 Posts
Fenian said:
Hmmmm...maybe I'll have to pick up a set of the short-stalks for the front. They're just a standard Lockhart part, so they should be easy to get. Performance Cycle near here might even have them already.
Fenian. The only problem with just getting the Lockhart part is that you will need to make some brakets to hold the short stalks from the back of the fairing. They practically go through the hole for the stock turn signals. Maybe someone who ordered it can take a picture before they install the lights, then you can see what I'm talking about and make your own brakets.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.