Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 02 r1 and it ran good until it fell over in my garage, after it fell It was locked up a little bit and trying to pop start it it broke loose but still no start. I got got a new chain tensioner because the cam chain was loose and the timing was a little off and I got the timing back on track. The bike cranks and cranks but doesn’t catch I checked the tip sensor and rigged it up so it was on the magnets , sparks are new and I’m getting spark. The rods didn’t look bent and move good .The gauge cluster doesn’t have digital so I can’t get codes..Can anyone please tell me what I should do!!??? Please. I’m not sure where to go next without spending a ton of money on sensors and everything when it could be a simple issue. Please help!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Key on, does the fuel
I bought an 02 r1 and it ran good until it fell over in my garage, after it fell It was locked up a little bit and trying to pop start it it broke loose but still no start. I got got a new chain tensioner because the cam chain was loose and the timing was a little off and I got the timing back on track. The bike cranks and cranks but doesn’t catch I checked the tip sensor and rigged it up so it was on the magnets , sparks are new and I’m getting spark. The rods didn’t look bent and move good .The gauge cluster doesn’t have digital so I can’t get codes..Can anyone please tell me what I should do!!??? Please. I’m not sure where to go next without spending a ton of money on sensors and everything when it could be a simple issue. Please help!?
Key on, does the fuel pump prime?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts