Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Jai-ya
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blue 02 R1 is in! The dealer called me at work this morning to let me know. I went and sat on it at lunch. Started it up and ran it for about 2 minutes. Awesome! Can't take it home today as I'm in a suit and tie (and drove to work). But will pick it up tomorrow. Oh, $11,360 out the door.:rock :rock

· Registered
25 Posts
Only one to each dealer?

I hope it's more than that! I'm #2 on the list for the Yamaha place in Marin. Gilroy has no deposits down, but wouldn't drop below $12k, and I'm under $12k out the door in Marin.

Man I can't wait for my new toy. Liquid Silver all the way boys and grrls!!!!!

:cool:

· FRKN' LOUD.
662 Posts
Hey...to all you guys that have confirmed delivery dates....
When did your dealer tell you that they would arrive?
My dealer in Canada told me Mid-March....what did you dealer tell you. Just wanna gauge my dealers' accuracy.:boobies :boobies :boobies

· Parked Motorcycle Syndrome :(
43 Posts
My dealer here says the silvers aren't even gonna hit the ground here until mid-March. I've got a deposit on one, though. $11,000 out the door.:D

· This is the end......
42 Posts
All initial bikes are shipped and will be in showrooms within 2 weeks.
They hit south florida today.
Stood and stared at the silver for an hour, imagined the akro and the clean tail looking like a barracuda fin.
Sexiest bike this side of an MVF4.

· Mass
1,013 Posts
RHCP my dealer up here in canada has told me my silver R1 will be in end of feb beginning of march, no matter anyway, it's not as though i'll be able to get on it anyway.

I still can't get over the prices you guys are paying for your bikes!!!! I'm assuming you're all speaking in american dollars. My 2002 R1 cost me 15000$ CANADIAN DOLLARS which is about 9375$ USD!!!

· Registered
12 Posts
Should I get an '02

So, I've got a mint '99 (blue) R1 that I think is the balls.
Question is, is the '02 bad enough to justify selling the '99 and getting a silver '02?!?!?! I love the looks of the '99 - more so than the '00 or '01.

Any of you that've had a '99 and find yourself strattling the '02 - let us know the diff!!!:D

· I'd rather be riding
221 Posts
Wow. I guess I should feel lucky. I am getting a silver '02 for $9500 out the door plus whatever the license fee is in Montana. I really like the idea of no sales tax. It will make it well worth my time to go and ride the bike to Minnesota from Montana. Being active duty military I can register it in Montana also and don't have to pay the Minnesota tax and license :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.