Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
getting away with it since 84!
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a little advice please

i have been toying with the idea of changing the tail section of my 02 i really like the look of the sharkskinz r7 as well as the look of the opp carbon 98-01 tail section to me its just sleeker looking

or
any input would be awesome thanks alot

·
Registered
169 Posts
To be honest and this is just my oppinion. I hate the tail light on the 03/04 R1's. I think it looks like shit. the whole bike is beautiful and I love the look and lines of the whole bike but I hate the design of that taillight. Personally I think the 00/01 R1's tail looks better, and the 04+ are the best yet. Sexy bike other than that.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
IMO I think it might look kind of weird, you typically see tail section upgrades to newer years but not the reverse, its like taboo. A 04/06 R1 tail section is too bulky (wide) looking on an 02/03, even with a Termi/custom undertail, but the newer 06/07 R6 tailsections look good on them. Do a search, there are a couple forum members who swapped 02/03 R1 tail sections for 06/07 R6 tail sections. One that comes to mind is a white 02/03 R1 with an M1 Laguna GP replica paint scheme :thumbup

another option worth considering is the Dynomite CF mono tailsection with underseat exhausts as on UK forum member "Scrappys" bike :bow

Attachments

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the dynomite tail section alot but i already have a full graves pipe, the r6 tail section looks ok i have seen it before on a few members bikes but it doesnt seem to go with the lines of the 02 i dunno just my .02

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest and this is just my oppinion. I hate the tail light on the 03/04 R1's. I think it looks like shit. the whole bike is beautiful and I love the look and lines of the whole bike but I hate the design of that taillight. Personally I think the 00/01 R1's tail looks better, and the 04+ are the best yet. Sexy bike other than that.
Do the mod and we'll rate it!

i think i may just do that....i live by the shoot first ask ?'s later method

·
Sup
17,456 Posts

I think you may have mistyped but the 03 R1 and the 04 R1 are two different bikes. 02-03 Same 04-06 Same

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
IMO I think it might look kind of weird, you typically see tail section upgrades to newer years but not the reverse, its like taboo. A 04/06 R1 tail section is too bulky (wide) looking on an 02/03, even with a Termi/custom undertail, but the newer 06/07 R6 tailsections look good on them. Do a search, there are a couple forum members who swapped 02/03 R1 tail sections for 06/07 R6 tail sections. One that comes to mind is a white 02/03 R1 with an M1 Laguna GP replica paint scheme :thumbup

another option worth considering is the Dynomite CF mono tailsection with underseat exhausts as on UK forum member "Scrappys" bike :bow

Man I love scrappy's bike! :fact I'd love to win the lotto tonight and start on something carbon'd out to the MAX!

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
I think you may have mistyped but the 03 R1 and the 04 R1 are two different bikes. 02-03 Same 04-06 Same
he has some really nice (and unique) components on it, haven't heard from him in awhile, but last time I did, he was thinking of putting on the supercharger kit, even comes with custom CF mids :bow

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts

damn thats nice. :epimp That cleans that tail section right up. I've never seen that before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.