Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this has been spoke about before,and I know that the front fits both(i think)and there is a something about the spacer for the rear being diferent.

Now I have both 01 and 02 bikes,so to save me from buying another set of wheels for my 01 model what is it I have to do to get my 02 rear to fit my 01 bike.

btw I haven't tried to swap them as of yet,also please dont ask me to do a search for 2 reasons,1)I cant be arsed and 2)it's easier just to ask again.

Thanks guys in advance

dont be shy now (martinc,eyespy,chuckh etc,etc):thumbup

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
If I remember right the front has different size axle so the wheel bearings are different to.

·
MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,447 Posts
D3 THE FRONT fits straight in no probs the rear needs different spacers i had mine made up by a mate who is a bloody good engineer i can ask him to make you a set if you want ?

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chuckh I knew you would come through.So is there know way I can change the rears given that I have both sets.btw let me know how much the spacers would cost if your mate can make em up.:thumbup

·
MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,447 Posts
The rear spacers are not interchangeable cos the dust covers are a different diamiter when i see Matey i will ask how much he wants to make a set up for you:beer :beer

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chuckh your a diamond:bow

Do you still have your old uns.I remember you mentioned this before,do they have discs on em.

·
MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,447 Posts
NO Mate ive had a huge clearout on EBAY sold loads of r1 and other bike kit old leathers ect ect spent most of it on tyres for the coming season !!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts