Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you think we'll be able to swap any of the new stuff onto our old R1's. I'm mainly interested in the FI and maybe the swingarm. how bout y'all..........oh ya. I forgot, the forks and tree too.

·
My insurance eats me...
245 Posts
Well, You really do not want to do that. The forks and tree maybe, but that's about it. Example; the FI will not work without a boat load of mods. It's definitely not a bolt-on part and I guarantee that FI on an originally carb'ed bike will equal BIG headaches. The swingarm is designed for the new frame (non-symmetrical) so even if it fits, you're bike will handle funny. There's nothing wrong with the swingarm on your bike now either, so why bother.

What it all boils down to is that after you make the swap, machine the parts, pay out the kazoo for specialty modifications (especially the FI) you'll have been better off selling your bike and buying the '02

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I agree with Battles if you just want the black swingarm just have yours powder coated for about 75.00 and as for the FI run away as fast as you can cause that will get very messy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Are the feelings still the same regarding a swingarm swap from 98-01 to 02-03?

I'm interested in the swap.

Somewhat. I'm not dead set on it. :dunno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts