Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CGIL
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deos anyone know if the 03 Ohlins fork will fit the 04?
The local importer still cant tell me!!

·
MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,447 Posts
Surely the radial brake mounting points will screw this one up????

·
R1-Forum
1,605 Posts
Craig Gillesen:
The kit currently offered by Ohlins is $1105.00 dollars and includes the lower caps; unfortunately if you have 03' spec R/T forks, you don't need the lower caps, just the radial brackets - at present Ohlins has not released the brackets for purchase.

http://www.ohlins.com/pdf/productnews/radial_caliper_mount_kit.pdf
(Note: Ohlins lists the parts individually, however according to OhlinsUSA; they are unavailable at this time)

That said, I've submitted a pre-order for 04' Ohlins R/T's, according to OhlinsUSA, the 04' R1/04 R/T models are revised and will ship with the proper brackets; I'll post the bracket part numbers once they arrived, they should adapt to the 03' spec R/T when available as a separate “replacement part”.

Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
03 spec ohlins forks would work but the axle on the 04 is differant so you would need to get all those stock parts. Also the radial mounts that ohlins currently makes will not work without significant modifications on the spacing on the rotors. If you have the earlier version on the forks we have 108 mm radial adapter plates that will work and just bolt right on.

·
R1-Forum
1,605 Posts
Craig Gillesen:
In follow-up, I've made arrangements to receive the new 04' Yamaha R1/04’ Ohlins R/T forks, the new Ohlins part number is #FG327; the new kit will include the correct brackets; mind you this does not resolve the issue of previous model owners - however the new model will certainly contain the part numbers necessitated for retrofit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Got another question....I have an '02. I like the radial brakes and the 5 spoke. I theoretically do a direct swap between the two right? '04 front end on my '02?

·
Registered
409 Posts
LeenAngle said:
Got another question....I have an '02. I like the radial brakes and the 5 spoke. I theoretically do a direct swap between the two right? '04 front end on my '02?
I will have the stock OEM forks and complete front end for sale as soon as my 04 spec superbike forks come in for sale and I can also supply the new 04 spec 04 R1 ohlins forks FG327 I think the part number is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts