Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
y0 pimp
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bandit
Whats up guys.. I need some advice.. I have a 03r1. I wieght 220-230 Lbs. I like to do stand up wheelies. Im looking for some strong good quality rearsets that wont break on me while im doing a stand up. Any ideas? Thanks

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
um... if you got $400 you should be ok. graves/harris etc etc :dunno

·
y0 pimp
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is vortex/harris/graves all the same?

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
Personally, I like the Graves and Gilles. My Graves feel solid as a rock! Just be sure to use loctite when installing them! :crash

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
6,004 Posts
I read somewhere on here that Sato rearsets are good, not sure where to get them though, anybody have a link or some pics???

·
y0 pimp
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just buy some attack rearsets, i just got some i wiegh 230 and there is no flex in the rearsets, well worth every penny, i got them at cyclemall.net.

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
Sato Racing rearsets

I really like my Sato Racing rearsets. They cost $450 for the set, but are sweeeeeeeet! Double sealed bearings for the brake/shift levers and have both street pattern and race pattern for the shifter. The pegs have Delron(sp?)or nylon inserts on the ends and the machining is very nicely done. Black/Gold/silver colors and get 'em from Dan Kyle Racing Engines at www.KyleUSA.com.

Attachments

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
Sato's on bike

The Sato's on the bike instead of coffee table...

Attachments

·
Johnny Chimpo
2,220 Posts
I have a set of Gilles on my 02. Did my first ride on them yesterday, and they rock! It does take some time to get them adjusted to your preference because there are so many options for adjustment.

I prefer the Gilles and Attack myself, I just happened to come across the Gilles and get a decent deal on them. I'll post a pic of them when i get home :D

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have the attacks dude and they are solid as a rock trust me don't do stand up wheelies no matter your weight with the stock rearsets unless you like eating asphault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts