Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the tranny and now no spark. Been through everything I can think of but still nothin! I'm going nuts, anyone have any idea as to something to check?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OMG, you guys are lucky I have a sense of humor, :LolLolLolLol: Unfortunately you'all are not being much help! :shake
"transmission!!! Oh, and it's an 03.
Anyway, I've checked every plug, the wiring that I can see, it has oil pressure, or at least the filters full so it must have. It was running fine when the "transmission" went. Is there a safety switch on these that I'm missing?

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
OMG, you guys are lucky I have a sense of humor, :LolLolLolLol: Unfortunately you'all are no being much help! :shake
"transmission!!! Oh, and it's an 03.
Anyway, I've checked every plug, the wiring that I can see, it has oil pressure, or at least the filters full so it must have. It was running fine when the "transmission" went. Is there a safety switch on these that I'm missing?
How about you describe what you're doing and what's specifically happening when you perform each step?

With the engine kill switch set to "run". (you HAVE checked the position of the kill switch, right?) :lol

Key turned to the "on" position, lights on the bike illuminate, tach goes through it's full cycle, dash illuminates...etc...

You hit the start button and the engine spins up to a normal RPM.

Exhaust smells like unburned fuel.

blah blah blah

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about you describe what you're doing and what's specifically happening when you perform each step?

With the engine kill switch set to "run". (you HAVE checked the position of the kill switch, right?) :lol

Key turned to the "on" position, lights on the bike illuminate, tach goes through it's full cycle, dash illuminates...etc...

You hit the start button and the engine spins up to a normal RPM.

Exhaust smells like unburned fuel.

blah blah blah
3rd gear went out of the transmission, I R&R'ed the engine rebuilt the tranny, put the motor back in like every other time. Everything works great, the motor is in a Raptor quad chassis and doesn't have a gauge(never did) Fuel pump works good, relays click when you turn on the key and and kill switch and it turns over good, just no spark. I've checked the pick up coil(thought maybe I bent it or something when the motor was on the bench) it's good and the ohms are good on it so no broken wire. I'm lost with this thing.

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,138 Posts
Check the battery ?! R1's like their juice !

·
Registered
867 Posts
3rd gear went out of the transmission, I R&R'ed the engine rebuilt the tranny, put the motor back in like every other time. Everything works great, the motor is in a Raptor quad chassis and doesn't have a gauge(never did) Fuel pump works good, relays click when you turn on the key and and kill switch and it turns over good, just no spark. I've checked the pick up coil(thought maybe I bent it or something when the motor was on the bench) it's good and the ohms are good on it so no broken wire. I'm lost with this thing.
What year motor is this?
Also take a look here there's good info from this guys no spark diagnosis.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438642

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What year motor is this?
Also take a look here there's good info from this guys no spark diagnosis.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438642

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. Unfortunately mines an 03 and the wires going into that relay are different. I have sky blue wires, but there is 2 and they have brown bands etc. I don't have a blue yellow either. Kinda sucks but maybe I'll buy a relay and try it. They want $150 for that relay up here in Canada though, LOL.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put on 03 r1 motor in a dune buggy I built and the only thing I can think of to check is the ignition wires and the top over sensor(which I filled with caulk) to keep it in place. But if your fuel pump is kicking on then it won't be the cut off relay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a R1 engin I believe it's a 2001 module it come out of a rapper quad and I'm building a buggy from scratch but I can't get it to start I believe it's the crank sensure ore coil firing sensure I don't know what the ohms are apost to be I don't have the dash but it wasent in it when it was running on quad dident miss s beet before it was taken out it's a carboreted engin i guess u know that by the year Anny suggestions ?? It's fare from done yet need a sceloton cake out of tubing the going to a pay and play and getting some madness on the way

1 - 20 of 21 Posts