Sorry I feel bad now !

·
shoot first and shoot fast
2,933 Posts
:lol :finger

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
of course it will only be a matter of time before we get posters wanting to know if they should buy and 04 engine and try to mount it in a 02/03 model... :D

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
All jokes aside.. good tip..

it wouldnt be so wise to go out tomorrow and drop $1000's of dollars on mods on your older R1 just for it to keep up with the 04 R1's.. Mainly because if that bike is wrecked, stolen or sold (which all bikes eventually are) you would never regain that money spent in mods..

if you already heavily modded out older R1 to match the 04 R1.. then your best bet would be just to enjoy it and ride it..

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
:(

·
190 rear section heaven !
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if a 2004 engine will fit in a 2003 frame ?

;)

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:
of course it will only be a matter of time before we get posters wanting to know if they should buy and 04 engine and try to mount it in a 02/03 model... :D
amazingly knee i know somebody stupid enough, with enough money to spend who is looking to DO JUST THAT..

he wants a 'sleeper' bike, just to street race with..

being as though some of street races here can earn you up to $5 grand a nite.. he could possibly pay for the work in one nite.. but after that.. everybody would know his secret..

not to mention most of the guys betting that type of money are running Busa's well into the low 9's on the track..

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
R6 Matt said:
You think I could shoehorn an '04 R1 engine into my '99 R6?? That would be sweet.
It makes you wonder when Yamaha will do the R6 like that to make it even smaller.

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
no funny........ no funny :rant :cryin

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
Daekwan said:
amazingly knee i know somebody stupid enough, with enough money to spend who is looking to DO JUST THAT..

he wants a 'sleeper' bike, just to street race with..

being as though some of street races here can earn you up to $5 grand a nite.. he could possibly pay for the work in one nite.. but after that.. everybody would know his secret..

not to mention most of the guys betting that type of money are running Busa's well into the low 9's on the track..
I mean really, a little NOS goes a long way... It could be done no doubt. Of course frame modifications would need to be done, but for drag racing it shouldnt really affect the handling that much...

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:
Well, will it :p

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Har har har.

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
6,004 Posts
:lol ..............:finger

1 - 20 of 37 Posts